Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 162 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seconded by this guy who called the day Macrae would get announced before it happened (also said Caleb Daniel though)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like baseless shitposting to give Essendon fans some false hope

Sheezel spent most of the year in the midfield, only covering late season with McKercher and Fisher injuries

Both Sheezel and McKercher will be predominantly mids next year …..if they’re chasing Houston, it’s not really good news for Goater
Disagree with Sheezel spending most of the year in the midfield. Even CD would with that given he never got midfield status.

Not surprisingly.
Reckon 2 assistants thrown under the bus.
Burns you would expect would be gone.

Probably Godden too.

But when the senior coach is inadequate, we are just delaying the inevitable unless we have a Carr scenario.

Last edited:
Rowe clearly heard some stuff on our coaching lineup but cant disclose.
Did he just say Nicksy will be there bit there will be another "coach"? or did I mishear that while pouring my wine.

Rowe clearly heard some stuff on our coaching lineup but cant disclose.
Did he just say Nicksy will be there bit there will be another "coach"? or did I mishear that while pouring my wine.
Don’t announcements on assistant coaches futures, have to be announced by end of August ?

Think they must have moved him at some stage this year, heard him on his segment on SEN and he was talking about being a full time mid.
Yeah went from zero time to a fair bit more but just didn't feel like he became a full time midfielder.

CBA not the be all end all but had 5 games with 50%+ CBA - https://dfsaustralia.com/afl-cbas/?team=NTH&season=2024

To be fair, I'm sure none of us here actually really watched much of North outside of when they vsed us :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Mac Andrew has signed a 9 year contract, 5 years plus a four year trigger

Their salary cap will be ready to explode, players like Luko sitting on the sidelines is a luxury they cannot afford.

Surely this should help us with leverage in any negotiation.

I was curious how Dave Mackay fitted in at Hawthorn so I checked out their coaching panel.
Mitchell is supported by Brett Ratten, Adrian Hickmott, Andy Collins, Kade Simpson, David Hale, Zane Littlejohn (?) Arryn Siposs (?) and David Mackay. Despite the blokes I don't know, the others seem pretty substantial.
Why can't/don't we have a list like that?

I was curious how Dave Mackay fitted in at Hawthorn so I checked out their coaching panel.
Mitchell is supported by Brett Ratten, Adrian Hickmott, Andy Collins, Kade Simpson, David Hale, Zane Littlejohn (?) Arryn Siposs (?) and David Mackay. Despite the blokes I don't know, the others seem pretty substantial.
Why can't/don't we have a list like that?
I think Siposs spent time in the NFL as a kicker, so would be a different look on things

The guy that means Lukosius has to be a salary dump
Dont You Say Season 8 GIF by One Chicago

Lets not forget, Luko is on huge money in his final year at the Suns.

If Luko selects us, we have the leverage here, this is Bowes 2.0 if anything.

The Mac Andrew contract and any trade targets the Suns have in mind, will burst their salary cap in 2025.

he said coach not coaches. was bit weird but maybe burns vb and godden are going

how cant they see adam kelly is a wally. he would be my first sacked.
I had this thought the other day, b4 i heard West Coast are chasing Hinkley as their new Coach …… would he be the ideal Football Manager to replace Adam Kelly, who I’m not impressed with

IMO that would be a win …. forget the Port hatred

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back