Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 162 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was curious how Dave Mackay fitted in at Hawthorn so I checked out their coaching panel.
Mitchell is supported by Brett Ratten , Adrian Hickmott , Andy Collins, Kade Simpson , David Hale , Zane Littlejohn (?) Arryn Siposs (?) and David Mackay . Despite the blokes I don't know, the others seem pretty substantial.
Why can't/don't we have a list like that?

I bet none of those guys have received a jar of Roo's family tomato sauce for Christmas.

Thank god we signed up Riley Thilthorpe to a contract extension...if he got wind of what mac Andrew just wangled, we might have been up for substantially more. Thilthorpe will be every bit as good as Mac Andrew talentwise if not better as long as he can stay away from Injury
I might get a bit of hate for this but i dont really see where the hype is with andrew mac. Admittedly i haven't watched him closely at all but that kinda contact us given to generational players ... The only forward i can think off worth that might be charlie Curnow and hes not on even close to that. To me andrew mac seems an above average forward with some x factor. This contract can debilitate a club for a long time if they get it wrong or things go pear shaped ie Oliver. Big gamble imho

I might get a bit of hate for this but i dont really see where the hype is with andrew mac. Admittedly i haven't watched him closely at all but that kinda contact us given to generational players ... The only forward i can think off worth that might be charlie Curnow and hes not on even close to that. To me andrew mac seems an above average forward with some x factor. This contract can debilitate a club for a long time if they get it wrong or things go pear shaped ie Oliver. Big gamble imho
This kid is special can play forward , back , ruck id take him in a heart beat and many vic clubs wanted to get him also

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This kid is special can play forward , back , ruck id take him in a heart beat and many vic clubs wanted to get him also

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Melbourne are p155ed that they were denied access to him in the draft and this is only going to make them even more mad as he looks a fantastic talent and is now locked away for most of his career you would think

Let’s say Hinkley is sacked this Saturday. Surely that would affect the decisions for Cumming, Perryman and Luko. Or not a factor?
You would think they would want to have an idea of the coach before making any move.

Let’s say Hinkley is sacked this Saturday. Surely that would affect the decisions for Cumming, Perryman and Luko. Or not a factor?
Not a major factor I don’t think

Money is a factor it won’t change

List management / fit within the depth chart is a factor what won’t change (ie luko and where he sees his competition for a fwd role)

Then coaches view of them specifically comes in as the cream I’d think

Melbourne media still very strong on Port only interested in Perryman
Adelaide only Luko and Cumming and of course ANB

It will(debilitate) them, and they will end up flogging him off to Geelong for a packet of chips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty confident we've missed every trade and FA target and only have ANB coming by accident

Who do think we were fairly confident on but fell through? It feels like six months ago.we thought we had a bigger name over the line. Petty, Heyward, Luko?

In a way I don't want us to chase a player for the sake of it. We could easily offer an average player a long contract on big money and someone would take it but they have to improve the team.

Last edited:
Looks like baseless shitposting to give Essendon fans some false hope

Don't rule out a Crazy Vossy type trade period where we're cashed up with future picks and Melbourne's second and indiscriminately add anyone we can pry loose hoping to still be mathematical beyond round 20 next year so we can claim a successful season.

Reckon there’s two chances of us hiring Nathan in any capacity.

We do have some hope. Politicians like Olsen care only about public perception of themselves, "how is this going to make me look". The system is making him look bad and he's possibly losing trust and patience. There might be some agitation from above. It's small and it's our only hope because everything else suggests a pretty self satisfied organisation.

I was curious how Dave Mackay fitted in at Hawthorn so I checked out their coaching panel.
Mitchell is supported by Brett Ratten, Adrian Hickmott, Andy Collins, Kade Simpson, David Hale, Zane Littlejohn (?) Arryn Siposs (?) and David Mackay. Despite the blokes I don't know, the others seem pretty substantial.
Why can't/don't we have a list like that?
It's obvious why.

Assistant coaches aren't well paid and the soft cap is pretty low.

Very few people are moving their family from Melbourne to Adelaide for the kind of dollars available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back