Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 162 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like burns needs to go but if 1 of his biggest knocks is also that as senior assistant it has prevented attracting others who want that role/title I wonder if he would still hold value to keep if he was ok with relinquishing that

Not to mention, he’s just not a very good coach and doesn’t have great connection with the players

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What are the Roos doing this draft/trade period? I feel like another top 3 midfielder is going to be the selection given the likely top 4 players, but eventually they will have to address the KPP stocks.

I don't think i've seen them linked to anyone yet in that side of things.

What are the Roos doing this draft/trade period? I feel like another top 3 midfielder is going to be the selection given the likely top 4 players, but eventually they will have to address the KPP stocks.

When the dust settles on player trades, it would not shock if North cut a deal with Richmond to swap pick 2 for say 6 and another 1st so they grab Trainor and another needs based top end kid

It's obvious why.

Assistant coaches aren't well paid and the soft cap is pretty low.

Very few people are moving their family from Melbourne to Adelaide for the kind of dollars available.
Given your logical and sensible opinion, perhaps there are clubs outside of the "fashionable" few, who have a legitimate claim to have a greater soft cap. A bit like the old Sydney "cost of living" cap allowance.

There could easily be restrictions placed into the system such as rolling ladder position over the past couple of seasons providing a formula for calculating the soft cap. In this way, eighteenth would receive a higher soft cap than seventeenth...and then sixteenth etc. A system like this provides another mechanism for weaker clubs to improve by more easily being able to attract better football coaches and staff.

Equalisation tiered rather than a flat system (which advantages Melbourne clubs

Maybe they should use their first rounder to trade in a really good KPP?

I wouldn't want to lose anyone from our defence for example but pick two for a Butts, Murray, Worrell, Keane type would get me thinking.

When the dust settles on player trades, it would not shock if North cut a deal with Richmond to swap pick 2 for say 6 and another 1st so they grab Trainor and another needs based top end kid
Agree .

LDU hits R free agency next year so expect they will tie him up first and go that route .
If he goes to another club then maybe they draft a mid is my thought. Think Phillips has one more year and is their tagging mid now after thinking he was to be traded.

Lets not forget, Luko is on huge money in his final year at the Suns.

If Luko selects us, we have the leverage here, this is Bowes 2.0 if anything.

The Mac Andrew contract and any trade targets the Suns have in mind, will burst their salary cap in 2025.
Mac Andrew is already signed for 2025, right?

This deal affects them beyond that, but not for the next two years.

Rioli might though ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given your logical and sensible opinion, perhaps there are clubs outside of the "fashionable" few, who have a legitimate claim to have a greater soft cap. A bit like the old Sydney "cost of living" cap allowance.

There could easily be restrictions placed into the system such as rolling ladder position over the past couple of seasons providing a formula for calculating the soft cap. In this way, eighteenth would receive a higher soft cap than seventeenth...and then sixteenth etc. A system like this provides another mechanism for weaker clubs to improve by more easily being able to attract better football coaches and staff.

Equalisation tiered rather than a flat system (which advantages Melbourne clubs

Maybe they should use their first rounder to trade in a really good KPP?

I wouldn't want to lose anyone from our defence for example but pick two for a Butts, Murray, Worrell, Keane type would get me thinking.
Fwiw, I completely agree with this.

I absolutely think the sides who are struggling or rebuilding should have additional soft cap as part of an equalization process.

I was curious how Dave Mackay fitted in at Hawthorn so I checked out their coaching panel.
Mitchell is supported by Brett Ratten, Adrian Hickmott, Andy Collins, Kade Simpson, David Hale, Zane Littlejohn (?) Arryn Siposs (?) and David Mackay. Despite the blokes I don't know, the others seem pretty substantial.
Why can't/don't we have a list like that?

Because Adelaide's ramen lines arent long enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back