Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So it’s ANB for McAdam (25 is the pick we got for him).
Sounds like a win
Except McAdam wasn't valued as pick 25 at time of trade. More like 32.
At ANBs age he's worth around 35. Why do they magically just get a 10 pick upgrade because they were shit this year?

On gettable cal towmey said pick 25 for ANB done deal.....I'm not happy about that.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If that’s it’s because we don’t plan on using it and only bringing in pick 4 and Welsh as draftees plus experience and depth which we’ve used an excuse for our shit year and let Nicks off the hook. We are such a shit club.

On gettable cal towmey said pick 25 for ANB done deal.....I'm not happy about that.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it's 25 for ANB and 38 coming back, and then we trade Gold Coast (F2 + 38 + 42) for (Luko + 20) I will be fine with that.

4, 20, Luko, ANB with F1 intact is fine by me.

Remember GC won't be able to use 20 and 26 so they're going to have to trade them out.

its going to be a laugh when murphy and anb line up together next year

Yep.

There were games this year we played five out of Rankine, Rachele, Keays, Murphy, Cook and McHenry

We will make room for Murphy and ANB to line up together

If it's 25 for ANB and 38 coming back, and then we trade Gold Coast (F2 + 38 + 42) for (Luko + 20) I will be fine with that.

Remember GC won't be able to use 20 and 26 so they're going to have to trade them out.
I think you will find that pick 20 might well go in the Rioli deal. I suspect its going to end up like your deal except we won't be getting anything back other than Luko
So it will look like

Crows in: ANB Luko + 38
Out: 25, 42 and F2

Edit. If it did end up like that, I would be fine with it as we maintain our pick 4 and F1 in that scenario and still get a second pick in this draft - maybe that ruck Mutineer was mentioning as Dodson will be long gone by then

we may still delist strachan and pay him out. he clearly cant be picked at afl level again
Yep, prime candidate who should be paid out early and draft another ruck in with an eye to the future. Very poor list management to have not done this sooner. 29, good SANFL ruck but lacks AFL attributes - doubt he'd be on any other list?

Toby Murray appears to be developing OK, but I imagine he's more of a replacement for Himmelberg than ROB.

Jay Clark adamant last night on MMM in Melbourne that Lukosius and Cumming to the Crows. He’s not the first journo to be confident on this either, Sam Edmund and Cal Twomey have said this for a while too. Either they’re all getting fed bad info, or these deals are already a long way down the line.
I reckon Isaac is coming but Luko isn't

So it’s ANB for McAdam (25 is the pick we got for him).
Sounds like a win
not really, they're 2 separate trades.

We don't owe melbourne anything just because McAdam stunk it up for them

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that’s it’s because we don’t plan on using it and only bringing in pick 4 and Welsh as draftees plus experience and depth which we’ve used an excuse for our shit year and let Nicks off the hook. We are such a shit club.

even if they don't want to use it at this years draft, we should hold it til draft night and then trade it for future pick.

I can see clubs paying a decent price for it

Last edited:
cumming luko ANB all make best 22

rosas doesnt

anyway i cant see how we could have the list spots even delisting strachan if bond is staying (although like borlase i believe it when the club announces it)
Wouldn't be too sure about that especially if Rankine plays more midfield, he's not a small forward in the ANB mold, he's an opportunist like Rankine, Papley types when at his best.

Isn’t that basically the same pick anyway? This pick will blow out to 30ish too once all the FS and NGA are added in
In terms of pick numbers yes.

This year's pick is probably more valuable in terms of trade currency though. I'm hoping we use it to address the ruck situation.

That Luko deal is highway robbery for us, to be fair

Surely a future second rounder for ANB is more around the mark?
Im getting a migraine now and the trade period hasnt even begun.

It should have always been a F2.

FFS we bend over happily and take it always.

Isn’t that basically the same pick anyway? This pick will blow out to 30ish too once all the FS and NGA are added in
Pending where picks matching the bids are coming from but yes likely to blow out a couple.

25 for ANB and one of their 40/50s move on shake hands and call it day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back