Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be Neil's ticket back in
Shocked Dog GIF by Scooby-Doo

Jay Clark adamant last night on MMM in Melbourne that Lukosius and Cumming to the Crows. He’s not the first journo to be confident on this either, Sam Edmund and Cal Twomey have said this for a while too. Either they’re all getting fed bad info, or these deals are already a long way down the line.

A few weeks a well respected poster here told me we were well ahead in the running for Cumming. Said Luko was looking good but Perryman almost no chance.

I think he was our best performing assistant coach

There weee so many games were our midfield got smashed and as a result we conceded so many inside 50s but our young backline stood up…. He was always amending the structure due to Muz, Worrell and Butts missing games

Maxy, Bond, Borlase and Keane all improved, and Muz and Worrell just need football

He’s earned his coaching contract for 2025

He'll be on his way to another club at the end of next year.

AFC is the opposite of the bucket of crabs dragging anyone with ability and hope down. We just let those ones leave the bucket and then try to recruit some more crabs.

Tom Morris claiming we are looking for a director of coaching to support Nicks but we have been unsuccessful so far

Also that all of Burns, Van Berlo and Hombsch are contracted for 2025 and that Nicks will continue

So Nicks in his 6th year needs someone with experience to hold his hand but the club thinks Nicks is the right man.

So what are they needing this coaching director for?

Stop stupid selection decisions?
Stop Nicks going rogue bonkers and changing our game plan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"at least we won't be as bad as Richmond..won't we?"

"Its great to keep continuity at the club as they all seem to be nice people"

"Every year we don't make finals is a year closer to making them"

"Organic gro....... ah just shut the f up"

I love reading this board!
Last off season was a complete and unmitigated disaster. We lost a quality assistant coach, we lost 2 of our better players (top 25) and started round 1 with 3 of our other better players with long term injuries
And we bought in Chris Burgess as the only addition and majority of people on the board thought we would make the 8

This year we are strongly linked to 3 players who walk into our best 18, we are linked to a highly regarded assist to join the club. We are clearly active.

And most of the comments are about over paying and about how ridiculous it is to boost the off field team

Now outside of ANB none of the above is locked in.

But the club - rightly or wrongly - has been clear for a while that we are done with the draft, we need to bring in experience ready to go players and get older more quickly.

So if we bring in 3 players that go straight into our starting line up - plus hopefully see Pedlar, Milera return from injury. Start the season with a fit and healthy Murray, Thilthorpe, Walker, Schoenberg and Jones
Add a ready to go young mid with pick 4

We will be well ahead of where we started round 1

Everyone at the club is playing for their careers next season and if the above occurs over the next 2 months then they are giving themselves the best chance to succeed, and minimising the opportunity for excuses

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So Nicks in his 6th year needs someone with experience to hold his hand but the club thinks Nicks is the right man.

So what are they needing this coaching director for?

Stop stupid selection decisions?
Stop Nicks going rogue bonkers and changing our game plan?
We can't find a director because we are looking for a yes man that will agree everything is sunny and lovely and going well and no-one is stupid enough to take the job.

Last off season was a complete and unmitigated disaster. We lost a quality assistant coach, we lost 2 of our better players (top 25) and started round 1 with 3 of our other better players with long term injuries
And we bought in Chris Burgess as the only addition and majority of people on the board thought we would make the 8

This year we are strongly linked to 3 players who walk into our best 18, we are linked to a highly regarded assist to join the club. We are clearly active.

And most of the comments are about over paying and about how ridiculous it is to boost the off field team

But the club - rightly or wrongly - has been clear for a while that we are done with the draft, we need to bring in experience ready to go players and get older more quickly.

So if we bring in 3 players that go straight into our starting line up - plus hopefully see Pedlar, Milera return from injury. Start the season with a fit and healthy Murray, Thilthorpe, Walker, Schoenberg and Jones

We will be well ahead of where we started round 1

Everyone at the club is playing for their careers next season and if the above occurs over the next 2 months then they are giving themselves the best chance to succeed, and minimising the opportunity for excuses

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The bolded is absolute bollocks and is the problem with posters like you, take a handful of comments and label the board with them.

Facts are of we give pick 25 for AWB it’s overpaying, of that there is no doubt.

Most are saying getting Luko but leave pick 4 alone, you disagreeing with that?

But somehow you’re justifying club employees protecting their positions by bringing in players to give us a rise up the ladder which won’t help us win a flag. They’ve given up on the draft because they are blaming inexperience and not the the dud coach they’ve re-signed early who they now are trying to get someone to baby sit.

And you see nothing wrong with this and your issue is posters? You might want to look at yourself first.

The bolded is absolute bollocks and is the problem with posters like you, take a handful of comments and label the board with them.

Facts are of we give pick 25 for AWB it’s overpaying, of that there is no doubt.

Most are saying getting Luko but leave pick 4 alone, you disagreeing with that?

But somehow you’re justifying club employees protecting their positions by bringing in players to give us a rise up the ladder which won’t help us win a flag. They’ve given up on the draft because they are blaming inexperience and not the the dud coach they’ve re-signed early who they now are trying to get someone to baby sit.

And you see nothing wrong with this and your issue is posters? You might want to look at yourself first.
A simple question would be, what do we think scott or mitchell would do with our list?.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me when i say sack nicks and get better line coaches, we all have our own thoughts, but then again, i have had enough of this lot after 5 years of middling to poor footy in the main.

As for overpaying, every pick we have should be treated like gold and every decision we make should be how to extract the very most out of them. We could pay 25 for ANB and its the first deal done day1. OR we could stand our ground for a better deal and thats what i hope we do

Bolton is Director of Coaching at Collingwood, Alan Richardson was doing it at Melbourne.

I think there's others but I'm too lazy to google any further.

I don't care too much about cutting coaches - though I'll be annoyed if we keep Burns - but we HAVE to add coaches. We're short-staffed.

Maybe Burns is the least popular because he's the only one demanding more from the players. A satisfied with underperformance group does not like anyone who's working against their comfortableness.

Interesting Buckleys name has come up in this thread a few times, I know for sure he purchased a property in Tennyson earlier in the year, assumed it was just an investment…

Buckley has one more shot at coaching, I don't think he would be chasing us.

If he wanted to put his hand up for the Bulldogs job he would be a chance.

I think though he keen on the Tassie job, be super comfortable. zero expectations.

I think though he keen on the Tassie job, be super comfortable. zero expectations.

I don't think we are getting Buckley, but I disagree that he wouldn't want to coach us. I think we have a fairly attractive list. If you were a competent coach, I think you could see plenty of upside in the group.

I would target us. We're prime for the most improvement.

• a team underperforming considering it's quality
  • younger list profile suggesting they'll get better
  • really poor coaching / player selection decisions this year
  • poor player management (Rachele)
  • a large amount of close losses over the past 2 years, they go the other way and sentiment at the club is much different
  • high draft pick incoming + a few potential positional upgrades in Luko/ANB
  • big team, good sponsors, South Australian

Who apart from RT were the other 2? Sloane and Walker? Really?
Indeed
Being active and landing the fish are 2 different things. Montgomery? I dont fully believe the Morris report that all our assistants are signed up for next year but it goes against the club/Silvers presented that we were going to change our coaches to bring in better people. I cant see how
Overpaying is a standard trope on ANY club board. Its a standard negotiation comment. But in some cases its correct. I would be angry if the club parted with 25 in this strong draft year for a walkaway player

The off field team? A Director of Coaching. After 5 years? Now most have said Balme should come in and run his eyes over the club - but it was never in a full time role as DoC would be. And the point made is why after 5 years? And why isnt Kelly being sacked of we need a DoC?

If , if , if . The biggest IF is IF Nicks plays them and who misses out IF Walker doesnt bend over to pick up his kids toys we might be ok. If Pedlar, Jones and Schoenberg can reach any height above 6'

IF IF IF
The problem with this thinking is like our decisions over LM

You say everyone will be in trouble if we dont perform but we cant sack everyone in 2025 either because it puts us back even further

Controlled culling is better than a bushfire

If we dont perform in 2025 do you see Nicks, Burns, VB and Hombsch all gone?

I hope you are right but the tea leaves dont read that way

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back