Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, let’s all take a chill pill rather than trying to work out how many runs on the board I have or don’t have. My source this time around is connected to the player manager world. I said, if I’m wrong, I’ll cop it. But I’m pretty confident we aren’t getting luko. Which makes sense given port are still playing.
Barass has nominated Hawthorn who are still playing....

Perhaps. We also have to factor in what GC want, seeing as he’s contracted. I can sit here all day and say my source says he wants to go to Port. But it’s irrelevant if GC demand a F1 and Port only willing to offer a F2.
I've been on record for 18 months about his preference for Port. You're right, a lot depends on the deal, but your are spot on with his preference.

I've been on record for 18 months about his preference for Port. You're right, a lot depends on the deal, but your are spot on with his preference.
Surely his preference is to stay?
That sounds like his actual preference but he’s being kicked out.

Hold on 18 months ago he wasnt leaving

18 months ago he had a coach who loved him

18 months ago there was no talk of a return

So why did he have a preference for port 18 months ago? hmmm

2 years for Borlase is mystifying. In reality, with Keane staying on, we should have just let him walk to anyone else that wanted him. The list spot he's taking up is too valuable, given we're still miles away from having a contending group. It's blind throws at the dartboard late in the draft or with rookies, but at least there's a chance. The east part is picking up depth for your depth, the hard bit is putting together the contending group. We can't limit that aspect.

Club thinks it has the list already, and only needs the minimum changes

Was on the Triple M rumour mill this morning by a guy who has gotten a few right

Said Will Lorenz was certain to play - but not necessarily for Butters. He did mention Butters was possibly an out too.

The guy who works at the station… & Roo & Ditts feed him the rumours so he can call them in…. that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, his actual preference is to stay up there because he loves it up there. I'm talking about his preference in SA clubs
Pushed out by Hardwick?

I can see that.

I reckon Luko is the kind of player you get to finish off a list as a contender.

Missing Piece.

Not as important when you have so many holes in place.

Like us and GC.

Pushed out by Hardwick?

I can see that.

I reckon Luko is the kind of player you get to finish off a list as a contender.

Missing Piece.

Not as important when you have so many holes in place.

Like us and GC.

Luko at 29 is that player.

I'm not like others on here, I think he'd be a good balance to what the list management are trying to provide, not so much the coaches...have no doubt they'd try him at FB in the SANFL

Luko at 29 is that player.

I'm not like others on here, I think he'd be a good balance to what the list management are trying to provide, not so much the coaches...have no doubt they'd try him at FB in the SANFL
I would rather spend the cap space on mids.

I would rather spend the cap space on mids.
If there were mids to spend the cap space on sure

We are the fat girl at the club saying "I"m bringing this", we really are. An elite kick when we are where we are should be a priority...but so should be kicking out shit kicks, like Murphy, like Laird, like Berry...

He plays the high half forward possie and then we draft grade for mids this year and next. We do not have enough years in our life for the club to get it right

Lets analyse the Buckley as DoC role

Why would Buckley shift into the next phase of his career this early?

Why would he shift/family/lovers etc just to be DoC

If he is moving he is moving to be a coach. If he does the DoC role he would be undermining Nicks to get Nicks sacked - and would we want someone who does that?
If that’s what it takes to end the Nicks era prematurely, yes.
Buckley wouldn’t be my first choice as Nicks’ replacement, but he couldn’t be worse.

Last edited:
Have it on good authority that Sid Draper is desperate to play for a Melbourne club and is hoping we (and WCE) don’t pick him up.
Well quite likely go richmond pick 1 anyway... i cant see north selecting him but I definitely can see him at richmond if they dont select jagga

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back