Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

have you seen sam draper kick? wtf? skills are you kidding. he makes ROB look like dawson when kicking.
I would call Drapers kick elite for a ruck. His 55 meter lace out bullett to Wright in the first quarter against us was possibly the best kick by a ruckman I’ve ever seen. We must see very different things.

Anyway, we’ll see next year.

I would call Drapers kick elite for a ruck. His 55 meter lace out bullett to Wright in the first quarter against us was possibly the best kick by a ruckman I’ve ever seen. We must see very different things.

His set shots leave a bit to be desired, but still miles better than ROB.
Its got me stuffed how anyone can get to the AFL with a kicking action (and results) like Rob.

So the guy getting pushed out by a club and coach, and getting stiffed on the most valuable 2 years of a back ended contract by that club, wants "the best deal" for that club.

Sounds legit
In fairness, the "wanting to get a good deal for GC" was speculation from Swan97, not his/her source (which he/ she was pretty clear about).

Geelong get the player and pick 7.

We will give up pick 7 to get the player.

The difference between a competent club and an incompetent one.
Wasn’t it reported we were into looking at that deal, but Bowes didn’t want to come here?

It does make you incredibly jealous of Geelong’s success and thus the perks that come with it (destination club etc)

Wasn’t it reported we were into looking at that deal, but Bowes didn’t want to come here?

It does make you incredibly jealous of Geelong’s success and thus the perks that come with it (destination club etc)
I have some vague memory that Dangerfield struck a friendship with him and that they were talking to each other most of the year

It does make you incredibly jealous of Geelong’s success and thus the perks that come with it (destination club)

ironically bowes hasnt been awesome and jye clark way less than expected so far too. but it still makes you sick.

ROB is the worst kick in the game and Draper is worse

Draper is a massive whipping boy at Essendon. They don't rate him at all, and the coaches don't seem to either given how much they played a cooked 35-year-old Goldstein over him

50.8% ain't elite in anyone's language. no argument he's not a better kick than Reilly but Elite he's not, far from it.

Tim English might approach the elite level for kicking with rucks, but then again he's not a tap ruckman's bootlace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much will Sam Draper cost?

I understand the idea of trading in a ruck but that means busted arse RoB cruises through another year. You can see the thought process ' ha Strachan to replace me - they wish '
Still need a long term replacement but I can see ROB having a good 2025 as it’s his contract year.

You’re probably correct, but none of GC’s plans happen unless they move Luko, so playing it tough could pay off. Unfortunately our recent history wouldn’t give you confidence that we will play it that way.
Why do you think that about Luko?

There's no sense that GCS are in the same crisis they were a couple of years ago.

You’re probably correct, but none of GC’s plans happen unless they move Luko, so playing it tough could pay off. Unfortunately our recent history wouldn’t give you confidence that we will play it that way.

This is just an assumption, there is no intel or reports to validate this theory

GC have been vocal about they are happy for Luko to stay if the right deal can’t get done

Salary dump is not a factor in this trade

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

50.8% ain't elite in anyone's language. no argument he's not a better kick than Reilly but Elite he's not, far from it.

Tim English might approach the elite level for kicking with rucks, but then again he's not a tap ruckman's bootlace.
I would argue that drapers turnovers are worse than ROBs despite the 48 to 50% KEfficiency. They are both horrendous

This is just an assumption, there is no intel or reports to validate this theory

GC have been vocal about they are happy for Luko to stay if the right deal can’t get done

Salary dump is not a factor in this trade

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
why would you move him on other than that with two years on his deal?
they dont say players can shop around of they want them to stay. have you ever heard of that before?
having said that I still believe we will cough up F1.

why would you move him on other than that with two years on his deal?
they dont say players can shop around of they want them to stay. have you ever heard of that before?
having said that I still believe we will cough up F1.
Better get something back as well especially taking on $2M of their salary cap then hope with a much easier draw instead of what ended up as the hardest draw this year, we just miss out on the 8 next year and Nicks get sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back