Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I see that and it's crap, both were given a chance which was being charitable by the Crows given neither Ben or Jackson had a skerrick of interest from other clubs and we were very upfront with Luke and again that was the right decision..
Club was damned if they did or didn't.

I would get as a parent and club legend you'd be narky at the boys both being let go after one season but there would probably have been an internal reason why

I would get as a parent and club legend you'd be narky at the boys both being let go after one season but there would probably have been an internal reason why
Main reason why would be neither are up to AFL ability wise.

Geelong get the player and pick 7.

We will give up pick 7 to get the player.

The difference between a competent club and an incompetent one.
Pretty sure Gold Coast were the ones that put up 7 with Bowes first not geelong negotiating for it.

Feenix has a lot riding on Luko not coming so of course he's going to be like this about anything saying otherwise. Of course if it actually happens he'll just shift the goalposts and act like he never said anything...
Not at all. I've posted accurately what's been told to me and by who. The last I posted on the matter was early in the season, long before Jack seemed to fall out of favour with the coach. I did happen to mention at the time (on here or on my podcast) that it took a while for Jack to warm to Hardwicks mantras and style, but at the time of my convo, that seemed to have sorted itself out.

At that tme, the question was "would Jack come home and if so, would he come to Adelaide?" Things have shifted substantially since then and Jack doesn't have as much control over the situation as he probably felt he had back then. Bear in mind, back then the answer was a firm "he loves it up there and won't come back, but if he did, it wouldn't be to Adelaide". I imagine now the situation is more complicated.

If he ends up with us, it will be because he wants to play AFL footy and we were the ones who could get that deal done. Doesn't change a thing in regards to what my info was earlier in the season and last season.

Not at all. I've posted accurately what's been told to me and by who. The last I posted on the matter was early in the season, long before Jack seemed to fall out of favour with the coach. I did happen to mention at the time (on here or on my podcast) that it took a while for Jack to warm to Hardwicks mantras and style, but at the time of my convo, that seemed to have sorted itself out.

At that tme, the question was "would Jack come home and if so, would he come to Adelaide?" Things have shifted substantially since then and Jack doesn't have as much control over the situation as he probably felt he had back then. Bear in mind, back then the answer was a firm "he loves it up there and won't come back, but if he did, it wouldn't be to Adelaide". I imagine now the situation is more complicated.

If he ends up with us, it will be because he wants to play AFL footy and we were the ones who could get that deal done. Doesn't change a thing in regards to what my info was earlier in the season and last season.
Boom.

Jackson Edwards was let go after only 1 season on rookie list. He was the one that was cut early. I remember him having a specific paleo diet at thee time or something and he struggled to put on muscle/size, which is usually the main goal for a small guy in the first years. Not sure if that was the reason why, but maybe he wasn't as receptive to what the club wanted of him. He didn't make it in the VFL either, so the delisting was justified.

What we don’t know about either of Edwards or Jarman is how they were developed at the club, development hasn’t been our strongest suit, maybe the parents also saw that. Maybe the coaches were shit communicators.
Maybe the parents seeing from within close realised how shit we are.
And most likely of all they just weren't up to AFL standard which is highlighted by the fact neither brought a bid from any other AFL club in the National draft and were available to us as rookies at the cost of a rookie list spot. Sunsrquent to being delisted again zero interest from AFL clubs. Hardly the area to be taking potshots at the club. Where's Ben plying his footy now? Gaza? Jackson last seen getting a kick for Southport.

What we don’t know about either of Edwards or Jarman is how they were developed at the club, development hasn’t been our strongest suit, maybe the parents also saw that. Maybe the coaches were shit communicators.
Or maybe they were both shit ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean given how neither really made it in other systems, despite having plenty of time in their youth to develop after being let go by us, I doubt our development was the issue here (and I’ve been very critical of it in recent times)

And most likely of all they just weren't up to AFL standard which is highlighted by the fact neither brought a bid from any other AFL club in the National draft and were available to us as rookies at the cost of a rookie list spot. Sunsrquent to being delisted again zero interest from AFL clubs. Hardly the area to be taking potshots at the club. Where's Ben plying his footy now? Gaza? Jackson last seen getting a kick for Southport.
That can be true and everything I posted also be true. Do you think we were a good club when they were there? What about now? Would you want your son playing for us?

There's plenty of things to pot the club about and be pissed off, but the treatment of Ben Jarman and Jackson Edwards doesn't rank in the top 200.

Neither were good enough, and neither is Luke.

That can be true and everything I posted also be true. Do you think we were a good club when we they were there?
The one thing that's true whether you agree or not we were charitable even giving them a rookie spot.

How do you know Jarman and Edwards also aren’t potting the club about the same things we do, after all it’s pretty obvious how shit we are.
I don't, and they very well could be. We haven't been well run for over 20 years.

Maybe their delistings were communicated poorly or there was stuff behind the scenes for all we know, but at the end of the day, neither were AFL quality and it was always going to be a stretch for either of them to make it.

I don't, and they very well could be. We haven't been well run for over 20 years.

Maybe their delistings were communicated poorly or there was stuff behind the scenes for all we know, but at the end of the day, neither were AFL quality and it was always going to be a stretch for either of them to make it.
See Mutineer look at this reply, wasn’t that hard was it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back