Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Again whether they are fringe players or not is irrelevant, we know we’ve been a poor development club and they lived that, they saw if first hand. Isn’t it then understandable they wouldn’t recommend the club?

Anyway I’ll move on
On this, we have and we havent.

We seem to be able to develop to a point (Soligo, Nank, Hinge etc) but we haven't had anyone really take that extra leap in recent times

If you actually read what I’ve posted I’ve never denied that and it’s not my point. Perhaps slow down before you jump in.

But why did you disappear when our season continued to implode? You were very cocky before that.
Personal issue if you must know and do you want to make a joke about that like the other issue which pissed me off ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again whether they are fringe players or not is irrelevant, we know we’ve been a poor development club and they lived that, they saw if first hand. Isn’t it then understandable they wouldn’t recommend the club?

Anyway I’ll move on
Yeah I feel like a broken record too, they lived the development of their own sons, both of whom have been proven to not have AFL talent, so what’s the problem on our end?

Agree to disagree

When he started, Silvers said past player relations was one of the things he wanted us to get better at.

No idea if it's something that has been addressed. Probably not all the while Roo is still there.
Definitely get the feeling that you’re either in Roo’s good books, or you’re not

What don't you get, they're parents so they find it hard to accept that their kids aren't up to it, the club was damned from the get go either way in their parents eyes.

To not take them even as rookies and upset the parents, give them an opportunity no other club was willing to do and then when neither were obvious to everyone up to it delist them and still upset the parents?

Nah you've picked the wrong hill to die on here.
Don't forget Tyson also wasn't terribly happy with how his career ended at the Crows either. Not to mention the stuff between Mandy and Rachel back in the day.

What you seem to be missing is that the point is, for whatever reasons, neither camp was terribly happy with how the club handled the situations with their boys. Justified or not, that's the fact.

Noone is saying they are right to feel that way, but that is just the way they feel.

Don't forget Tyson also wasn't terribly happy with how his career ended at the Crows either. Not to mention the stuff between Mandy and Rachel back in the day.

What you seem to be missing is that the point is, for whatever reasons, neither camp was terribly happy with how the club handled the situations with their boys. Justified or not, that's the fact.

Noone is saying they are right to feel that way, but that is just the way they feel.
Then they're the ones with a problem not the club.

Just because they were great footballers they need to come to terms with the fact their boys weren't up to it...there's no nice way to break that to parents that can't see the truth.

The club gave both boys a chance at an AFL career that no other clubs had even a passing interest in and with Luke the club was up front, subsequently that looks like the correct decision too.

That can be true and everything I posted also be true. Do you think we were a good club when they were there? What about now? Would you want your son playing for us?
Edwards went on some podcast or YouTube interview and was pretty scathing about the lack of communication and direction from the club.

Whether that’s fair (likely) or he’s applying mayo anyone would be shitty if it was their kid.

I think we can (should) all agree we've made the right call on Edwards and Jarman.

In their eyes we didn't make it the right way, though the families being related probably plays a bit into that. It's obviously something we need to and hopefully have improved on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edwards went on some podcast or YouTube interview and was pretty scathing about the lack of communication and direction from the club.

Whether that’s fair (likely) or he’s applying mayo anyone would be shitty if it was their kid.
I have heard others say that they've had similar situations with their clubs and their delistings coming as a shock. With the amount of meetings players have during the year, you'd think there'd be plenty of communication and feedback on performance.

When he started, Silvers said past player relations was one of the things he wanted us to get better at.

No idea if it's something that has been addressed. Probably not all the while Roo is still there.
Jacob’s was in charge of past player interactions, and now Bickley is doing it.

Then they're the ones with a problem not the club.

Just because they were great footballers they need to come to terms with the fact their boys weren't up to it...there's no nice way to break that to parents that can't see the truth.

The club gave both boys a chance at an AFL career that no other clubs had even a passing interest in and with Luke the club was up front, subsequently that looks like the correct decision too.

I recall Tyson talking about his own experience and that Blight essentially gave him 4 years to prove himself (apprenticeship)

He seemed particularly peeved at how quickly his young fella was spat out of the system. I doubt another couple f years would've mattered

Communication between club (coaches) and particularly younger players seems to be an ongoing problem though. Unless as younger player you're very high draft pick or display some exceptional talent, yet even then it seems it falls short at times

I have no idea what the Jarmen's expected? Ben had talent, but ffs a lot folk have garden Gnomes bigger than him

I have heard others say that they've had similar situations with their clubs and their delistings coming as a shock. With the amount of meetings players have during the year, you'd think there'd be plenty of communication and feedback on performance.
It seems to happen. However given our history of alienating past players, you’d think the club would make some effort to look after the kids a bit better.

Neither of them were traded as a mid fielder though. How many elite mids are on the trade table every year that go to interstate clubs?
We intended them to be midfielders though.

Recent midfielders traded (of decent quality)
2023 - Adams, Jordon, Hollands
2022 - JHF, Rankine, Mitchell, Bruhn, Bowes, Taranto, Hopper, Bedford, Acres

I recall Tyson talking about his own experience and that Blight essentially gave him 4 years to prove himself (apprenticeship)

He seemed particularly peeved at how quickly his young fella was spat out of the system. I doubt another couple f years would've mattered

Communication between club (coaches) and particularly younger players seems to be an ongoing problem though. Unless as younger player you're very high draft pick or display some exceptional talent, yet even then it seems it falls short at times

I have no idea what the Jarmen's expected? Ben had talent, but ffs a lot folk have garden Gnomes bigger than him
But in recent years we are full of success stories that weren’t high draft picks:

• soli
  • nank
  • keane
  • murray
  • butts

Surely it comes down to the 2 x FS not being up to it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back