Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

agree the only issue is this

right now we would be like WC with nobody wanting the job except hayden skipworth

seriously who would we get?
LOL .....everyone's always able to identify the problem, never the solutions ....it's the way of life in general

So far, people want every person in the club sacked, from Silvers down to the boot-studder (if they still existed) .....rip the Club apart, start again

Oh, but we still want to make Finals after all of that .....nope, never would happen

Brad Scott (and others) are finding themselves saddled with a list of a former Coach .....a list aimed at a different gameplan

Yeah, I know it's romantic thinking that another Craig Macrae scenario "could happen" .......odds are they don't

Every Coach will have a blip year ....explanations have already been shared ....but two blip years are rarely accepted

LOL .....everyone's always able to identify the problem, never the solutions ....it's the way of life in general

So far, people want every person in the club sacked, from Silvers down to the boot-studder (if they still existed) .....rip the Club apart, start again

Oh, but we still want to make Finals after all of that .....nope, never would happen

Brad Scott (and others) are finding themselves saddled with a list of a former Coach .....a list aimed at a different gameplan

Yeah, I know it's romantic thinking that another Craig Macrae scenario "could happen" .......odds are they don't

Every Coach will have a blip year ....explanations have already been shared ....but two blip years are rarely accepted
re read my post i think you missed my point

Ahhh Wayne.

At least some of us can identify the problems.

And your approach of “bring me solutions” is a nice buffer isn’t it? Do you follow your own rule? Or do you just refuse to see problems?

I love posters flexing about their off-board legendary status in everything from how training should look to how a board should operate at an AFL club.

Your schtick is something like “I eat businesses bigger than this for breakfast”. Which is hilarious.

You are nothing more than an uninformed supporter like the majority of BF. No idea. Actually worse than that because you pretend like you know.

A lot of us have been on this train since day 1. We have lived the same highs and lows around our club. We hate what we have had to put up with BUT I bet that each and every one of us still barracks their guts out for this team.

If you want to claim that you know more than the rest of us plebs - of course, knock yourself out - but just know that a most of us know what hot air looks like … on BF and in real life

Ahhh Wayne.

At least some of us can identify the problems.

And your approach of “bring me solutions” is a nice buffer isn’t it? Do you follow your own rule? Or do you just refuse to see problems?

I love posters flexing about their off-board legendary status in everything from how training should look to how a board should operate at an AFL club.

Your schtick is something like “I eat businesses bigger than this for breakfast”. Which is hilarious.

You are nothing more than an uninformed supporter like the majority of BF. No idea. Actually worse than that because you pretend like you know.

A lot of us have been on this train since day 1. We have lived the same highs and lows around our club. We hate what we have had to put up with BUT I bet that each and every one of us still barracks their guts out for this team.

If you want to claim that you know more than the rest of us plebs - of course, knock yourself out - but just know that a most of us know what hot air looks like … on BF and in real life
Yes the funny thing is we put up the money in memberships

we are not getting paid to come up with the solutions thats their job

i wish there was a board on here only for paid up members as i think it would be a very different conversation

Correct. This record does not warrant a two year extension.

2020 18th 3-14
2021 15th 7-15
2022 14th 8-14
2023 10th 11-12
2024 15th 8-1-14

If 2023 read 12-11 and 8th then the extension doesn’t look so bad. And I would agree the club thought that was the case and got ahead of themselves

Then made it worse but not announcing earlier they had extended Nicks - wanting to do it as a big home game announcement

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So, any rumours and speculation?
Or are we going down the re-signing Nicks or not rabbit hole even further?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've heard, and don't spread this, that we are going to be very aggressive this trade period.
Players Association Sport GIF by NBPA

and by aggressive we mean throw out a few names of people who have zero chance of coming to us and then signing a fringe player in a last minute panic.

ROB has serious life ambition after football. It wouldn't surprise me if he retired so he can start them.

I hope we find a great replacement...

And...

ROB goes on to become a brilliant doctor with a long and fulfilling career.
Doctor?

Don't believe he is doing medicine.

Sorry but you're thinking, like so many others around Nicks re-signing is just wrong .....it's a naive thought process, which shows a lack of experience in these matters

You used to be a very good poster ....somewhere, you simply fell into the pack of illogical thinkers ....I rarely read your posts these days, and that was never the case in years gone by
Irony at it's best.

You are describing yourself WW!

The solution is to get quality people with the right skillsets in the key roles.

Having a coach who has a strategic clue is crucial. None of of our coaches have any meaningful tactical smarts which is why we usually are outcoached.

We have no one in AFC management who is a proven quality football operator.

It's like any organisation that you need quality people in the key roles or you will be a mediocre organisation.

Unfortunately you don't understand the difference between quality & mediocrity!

Do you have a random word salad generator, because that's all this is.

If you're going to have a crack at people, at least make an effort to make some decent points.

This is trash.

I know this won't be a popular opinion amongst the sack everyone crew... Wayne's point he made in his post was that - sacking Nicks doesn't automatically equal success. In fact it usually means more rebuilding and changes. The other point being, if you think Nicks is the problem then you can't also think Hamish, Reid, Kelly are the problem.... Given Hamish & Reid were there long enough before Nicks to create this list that isn't exactly a masterpiece then it's only fair they go too. Do people actually think we currently have a premiership list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this won't be a popular opinion amongst the sack everyone crew... Wayne's point he made in his post was that - sacking Nicks doesn't automatically equal success. In fact it usually means more rebuilding and changes. The other point being, if you think Nicks is the problem then you can't also think Hamish, Reid, Kelly are the problem.... Given Hamish & Reid were there long enough before Nicks to create this list that isn't exactly a masterpiece then it's only fair they go too. Do people actually think we currently have a premiership list?
They can both be the problem, but IMO our list, whilst not being in the top 5-6 in the comp, is better than its showing currently.

Obviously they’re free to call anyone whatever they want, but there is no director role designated to football. The chair of the audit committee could be called the audit director by the club, but the official role is just director.
OK, but e.g. Leigh Matthews is FD at the Lions, other clubs have someone who clearly has that role even if they don't name it as such e.g. Bartel at GWS. Surely every club would have a "football person" on the board. I don't see what the issue is.

the club is creating a new "more" important position than Head of Football that is above Kelly and at the same time makes his role obsolete?
Is this a fact / announced by the club, or are we just speculating?

I agree it wouldn't make much sense to bring in a full time person above Kelly, but otoh if you could land a Neil Balme type in a part time or consultancy role, alongside Kelly... I guess that makes as much sense as getting someone to hold Nicks' hand after 5 years, but it would still be an improvement.

I don’t think anyone has said sacking him will equal success, but we can’t get much worse, so what’s there to lose?

I like to think what Longmire, Scott or Mitchell might do with our list....thats the mental test i use everytime i see an argument like this

I like to think what Longmire, Scott or Mitchell might do with our list....thats the mental test i use everytime i see an argument like this
I would challenge anyone to disagree with this. Problem is it's pretty unlikely to eventuate and sacking him as the west coast job is showing doesn't open ourselves up to amazing candidates. I'm a swing voter with Nicks but his future has to be decided next year. Shouldn't see past the bye if we are below parity, won't see past next year if he doesn't make finals. Probably won't get a contract extension if he doesn't win a final / top 4 finish in his last contracted season

If the decision hadn't been made during the preseason and they were holding the announcement for marketing reasons, then that just further evidences the backward priorities of this club. If it hadn't been made and they did so for the reason stated (eliminating noise on his contract) then that is even worse.
Couldn’t agree more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back