Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm. Those forward half numbers from Pedlar are better than Kennedys.

Next.
Kicks more goals & assists, but has half the possessions, and less marks, tackles, inside 50s, rebound 50s, clearances, and disposal efficiency. Kennedy clearly superior, but we can agree to disagree.
I hope Pedlar improves but this year was a serious backwards step

I’d be ok trading F1 for Luko and GC F2.

Then package Melbournes second and GCs F2 for a late first rounder this year. Take Draper and Dodson in the draft.

Would mean only sending a third rounder to Melbourne for ANB, though.

Manager trying to maximise the deal
Dawson did the same thing. Went through the motions of meeting Port even though he was always coming here, just to squeeze every cent out of us before he signs. It is after all exactly what you’re paying a manager to do.

Yeah 100% leaked from his exit interview to benefit both:

a) Cumming financially ($ or years)
b) and as a result of that, GWS in compensation pick

His manager is playing games to get the best deal out of the club he wants to go to. Crows just need to back themselves in here or let him go.

Posted in the other thread on Cumming, but Edmund expanded further on SEN this morning and expects it’ll be the Crows he comes to given the very close relationship with Tex and us being into him for far longer than Port. Jay Clark said the same thing a week ago.

Port’s major interest is with Perryman, hence their last minute offer for Cumming. I don’t think there’s any need to overthink this, Perryman to Port and Cumming to Crows looks the 95% likely outcome.

Kicks more goals & assists, but has half the possessions, and less marks, tackles, inside 50s, rebound 50s, clearances, and disposal efficiency. Kennedy clearly superior, but we can agree to disagree.
I hope Pedlar improves but this year was a serious backwards step
Probably because Kennedy plays as a mid.

I’d be comfortable offering Cumming 5 years if that’s the difference to be honest. Still ultimately think he comes to us, but the idea he’s still not decided despite us being in his ear all year and Port coming extremely late wavers my confidence a bit.
Which shows his manager is doing his job. You would be sweetening his deal right now even though we probably don’t need to. its all a game of bluff at this time of year.

Given that our main issue is our plodding, talent-deficient midfield, I'm a little surprised to see some folks talking themselves into a Kennedy-curious position. He seems like a good soldier but aside from a couple of decent bursts up forward (where we're well-stocked), I've not seen him do anything that a Crouch or Soligo can't do.

Probably because Kennedy plays as a mid.
More often than Pedlar, yes. When all of the Blues mids are fit though, he usually plays half forward.
The original comment I was responding to was what does Kennedy offer that Crouch doesnt. My response was it is the ability to play forward. Whether or not it would be worth us pursuing him would depend on the asking price. I wouldn't cough up more than pick 42 as he's not a need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More often than Pedlar, yes. When all of the Blues mids are fit though, he usually plays half forward.
The original comment I was responding to was what does Kennedy offer that Crouch doesnt. My response was it is the ability to play forward. Whether or not it would be worth us pursuing him would depend on the asking price. I wouldn't cough up more than pick 42 as he's not a need.
Absolutely, Kennedy is a better forward then Crouch.
But Crouch is a better mid than Kennedy (IMO).
Unless we pickup an A grade mid which looks unlikely now, Crouch and current forwards on our list for me would be a better option than Kennedy.

Posted in the other thread on Cumming, but Edmund expanded further on SEN this morning and expects it’ll be the Crows he comes to given the very close relationship with Tex and us being into him for far longer than Port. Jay Clark said the same thing a week ago.

Port’s major interest is with Perryman, hence their last minute offer for Cumming. I don’t think there’s any need to overthink this, Perryman to Port and Cumming to Crows looks the 95% likely outcome.
Just listened to the segment. Edmund sounds quite confident Cumming will choose us.

Given that our main issue is our plodding, talent-deficient midfield, I'm a little surprised to see some folks talking themselves into a Kennedy-curious position. He seems like a good soldier but aside from a couple of decent bursts up forward (where we're well-stocked), I've not seen him do anything that a Crouch or Soligo can't do.

agree

Kennedy adds more of what we already have, one-paced inside mid with average disposal.

Definitely not a need

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Talks about Cumming at the beginning

Listening to this makes me feel pretty confident. I would find it odd for him to have a close relationship and idolise Tex for him to not come to us when Tex is going around again.
I would just find it odd for him to turn his back on that, especially when we have been interested for a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back