Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If 2023 read 12-11 and 8th then the extension doesn’t look so bad. And I would agree the club thought that was the case and got ahead of themselves

Then made it worse but not announcing earlier they had extended Nicks - wanting to do it as a big home game announcement

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reckon they didn’t expect to lose to Gold Coast in R1 so to pump the boys up they announced it before a home game. We lost again with some magical positional movements from supercoach.

The question that needs to be asked, had Nicks been extended before the season had even started and they were waiting for the right moment to announce?

So what happened from R23, 2023 to R2, 2024 - why had it not been announced in those 6 months?

And knows Nicks through a Toyota yard - said he’s a great bloke but one of the most stubborn people he’s ever met
I want dashmats

They come with the vehi

DASHMATS OR I WALK

McHenry, Macasey? Jones and Pedlar to a lesser extent. Galluci if we are turning back time.

We keep missing with our first rounders.

Anyway, none of that matters, the results speak for themselves. 7 years no finals. The ladder is the only real metric.
We had appalling drafting 2016-2019, with Fog the only first rounder that's actually been a good pick. Since then it's been fine, however the damage was done. Now we're scrambling to fix the problems those years created. Could've easily had Butters and Young/Serong/Day instead of Jones and McAsey, and we'd probably be looking really good

We had appalling drafting 2016-2019, with Fog the only first rounder that's actually been a good pick. Since then it's been fine, however the damage was done. Now we're scrambling to fix the problems those years created. Could've easily had Butters and Young/Serong/Day instead of Jones and McAsey, and we'd probably be looking really good
The 18/19 drafts hurt most IMO. The most important drafts are when you start to decline, and we missed them.

So how does this POV sit with those wanting Hamish and Reid sacked ....I mean getting Curtin, Nankervis, Taylor, Rankine, Dawson, Keays, Soligo, Murray, and Thilthorpe ect .....I mean, that's got to be sackable for picking that lot :moustache:
Ok then, explain how you excused our results this year and put it on our list and not Nicks and yet you’re now defending Hamish and Reid.

You can’t have it both ways Waynus. Or does your critical thinking allow you to? Or have you just confirmed your a troll who uses his Mod status as a free pass to sprout whatever shit you want knowing nothing can be done about it.

LOL .....everyone's always able to identify the problem, never the solutions ....it's the way of life in general

So far, people want every person in the club sacked, from Silvers down to the boot-studder (if they still existed) .....rip the Club apart, start again

Oh, but we still want to make Finals after all of that .....nope, never would happen

Brad Scott (and others) are finding themselves saddled with a list of a former Coach .....a list aimed at a different gameplan

Yeah, I know it's romantic thinking that another Craig Macrae scenario "could happen" .......odds are they don't

Every Coach will have a blip year ....explanations have already been shared ....but two blip years are rarely accepted

You know how when your car breaks down you can identify a problem even if you don’t know how to fix it?

So you hire a mechanic, and if they can’t fix it you either find one who can, or you get a new car.

It’s like that. I’m a paying member, not a full time employee. It’s not my responsibility to come up with the solutions. But if we keep having the same problems, and the same people remain in charge, it’s pretty reasonable to suggest we try bringing in some different people.

Reckon they didn’t expect to lose to Gold Coast in R1 so to pump the boys up they announced it before a home game. We lost again with some magical positional movements from supercoach.

The question that needs to be asked, had Nicks been extended before the season had even started and they were waiting for the right moment to announce?

So what happened from R23, 2023 to R2, 2024 - why had it not been announced in those 6 months?

It’s a good question. I was surprised they didn’t just announce prior to the season starting. We make some very odd choices as a club for how we go about things and our media management is disgraceful as a rule

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You know how when your car breaks down you can identify a problem even if you don’t know how to fix it?

So you hire a mechanic, and if they can’t fix it you either find one who can, or you get a new car.

It’s like that. I’m a paying member, not a full time employee. It’s not my responsibility to come up with the solutions. But if we keep having the same problems, and the same people remain in charge, it’s pretty reasonable to suggest we try bringing in some different people.
Waynus is just trolling.

To suggest we don’t make off field change when he’s bagged our list and also said Nicks has gone rogue bonkers is incomprehensible.

To suggest we keep underperforming employees just because they are employed by the club is just a happy clapper dumb opinion.

Heard someone high up at the club (board level) talking up our chances of finals next year. Doubt Nicks is around if we don't make finals next season (A bit captain obvious)
Not surprising, they think Nicks is a premiership coach
They dont have a ****ing clue

there was definitely rumour he was extended before season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back