Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So would these be Brugess' first appointments in his department since he's been at the Crows? Love the idea of him hiring his own assistants.

And I would assume he knows how to setup a team. So this I would expect, safeguards us somewhat should he move on. All on the assumption he's hiring the right people, which I would think is safe to assume.

A lot better than Birdbrain.

Chris Davies has applied for the role @ Richmond replacing Gale but missed out and apparently has now applied for the Collingwood job… just what I have heard think he is keen to get back to Victoria
He's not going back to Victoria. His family is settled here in Henley Beach.

Chris Davies has applied for the role @ Richmond replacing Gale but missed out and apparently has now applied for the Collingwood job… just what I have heard think he is keen to get back to Victoria

He is from SA. Sounds like he has applied for a few jobs at the AFL and missed out so I think he feels he would be better positioned if he spent time at a Victorian club.

So would these be Brugess' first appointments in his department since he's been at the Crows? Love the idea of him hiring his own assistants.

And I would assume he knows how to setup a team. So this I would expect, safeguards us somewhat should he move on. All on the assumption he's hiring the right people, which I would think is safe to assume.

A lot better than Birdbrain.

This is a really good move, lays down a solid foundation the way Burgess wants it.
No good having the best in the business if you don’t give him full control.
Soft cap increased by $700k to 2027 AFL announced today .

Well that puts that to bed
Anyone going to take back their dozens of posts criticising the club about Darren Burgess leaving?

There's actual issues we could talk about, and yet we're always getting upset over things that haven't and mostly aren't going to happen.

I think the general consensus was to wait.

A certain poster keeps trying to dismiss 2024 as a"blip", but is completely forgetting that 2022 was also a disaster.

After Round 6 in 2022, aside from a shock victory against Carlton we only could manage to beat West Coast twice and North Melbourne twice.

The wheels had completely fallen off and even Rowey at the time was questioning the rebuild and said that it stalled

2023 was a trend in the right direction, but 2022 was had created enough doubt for many people to want to wait until late in 2024 before making a decision on his future.
Stalled?

It had barely started!

It's wild to me that anyone would suggest 2024 is a blip

2020 - 18th, 3 wins
2021 - 15th, 7 wins
2022 - 14th, 8 wins
2023 - 10th, 11 wins
2024 - 15th, 8 wins

I mean if you look at that you'd say the blip is the 2023 season
One of them is.

We'll know pretty clearly next year what the truth is

I do t want to make finals, I wanted 2 more years near the bottom to make up for the talent void from the failed first rounders that netted us Milera, Gooch, Jones & McAsey. I knew our version of a rebuild would be to gear decisions towards returning to competing for a spot in the 8 in the shortest amount of time possible. I wanted to stay down a bit longer to build a list that would compete for a spot in the top 4 over multiple years.
You might get your wish yet! Nicks might coach for 2 more years

He was in the MLB too
Lol at the folks trying to find a way to shit on those appointments. They just need to find the negatives in everything.

Alec Buttfield has worked for the Phillies, for Liverpool, for Cycling, Hockey and Tennis Australia. He's an impressive full time staffer to add.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I would read that as a positive like he initially thought lol.

View attachment 2113434
I know for a fact, and hidden Power supporters on this board can take it to the bank, that we only bid on some of those names to boost the price Power had to pay. We didn’t want them but made Power further pay up much to the player and his Managers agreement.

I didn't want to be down this year, never .....but the stimuli the Club has received is one of the best results, everytime we have one of these years ......off field changes, aggressive trading, and a #4 pick

I think it's safe to say, the Club is also not accepting, with some of the changes in the wind

HAW, I still believe, are a long way off a completing a rebuild .....this out of the box year, they've had, could be a negative long term .....DGB looks a bust at #6 for them
Fair call re Horks and esp if they give up 2 x first rounders for 29 yo Barass (with a second coming back) and that’s not much young elite talent coming thru the draft over coming years. But they have drafted and traded very well in recent years and now moving on to FA and trades seemingly

Lets address your analogy .....in your example, you're driving the car ...however re the AFC you're not the driver, you're a spectator watching a car drive past you, and trying to assess a problem

I'm a shocking handyman, terrible .....if I have a problem with my car, my ability to "guess" the problem" is usually way off the mark
But even if a spectator who knows nothing about cars spots one that's on fire he can correctly judge that something is amiss.

Anyone going to take back their dozens of posts criticising the club about Darren Burgess leaving?

There's actual issues we could talk about, and yet we're always getting upset over things that haven't and mostly aren't going to happen.
Likely to hear….crickets

Ditto those thinking we are giving up pick 4 for Luko and other outlier stuff

7 to 8 to 8 wins in three of the last four years is not clear improvement.

That's a flat line, with a blip in 2023

Also if you dive a bit deeper into 2022, the season wasn't the improvement that people are trying to paint it as.

We were 3 wins from our first 6 games, but from there we only won 5 games out of the next 16 with 4 of those wins being against 17th and 18th.

In terms of consistency across the season and the strength of wins I'd argue that 2022 was a step back from 2021.

In the 2011 offseason we brought in an S&C coach (Nick Poulos?) with a rugby background and the results were great for the physical build of the side in 2012. Given we have such a young team and I feel we get bullied a lot, I'm hoping for similar results next year with a larger emphasis on improving strength across the group.

I remember they did a lot of grappling and wrestling training. Showed really good results. Hopefully it works again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's surprisingly capable as a forward, strong overhead, and would be a big upgrade on Murphy. But ultimately still a role player
You had me at "big upgrade on Murphy".
I wouldn't mind him but probably not with ANB arriving.

Unless there's a midfield option in there??

Being from South Australia that might be difficult to call Victoria home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back