Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can live with Burns replacing NVB but I’ll be disappointed if he’s pushing Hombsch out. Would prefer we move on from him entirely.
Wouldn't he just stay as forwards coach with someone else taking over as senior assistant/strategy coach?

isnt the idea that a good list manager doesn't worry about playing hardball with individual trades and more looks for undiscovered value and the big picture in terms of building/balancing the list?

when we have a list that has been near the bottom for many years and has a gaping hole in the midfield that will take years to fix, rare wins seems pretty accurate?

you've even said yourself that bottoming out looks like a loser move and he did that too (unintentionally)
Oh we VERY intentionally bottomed out. An absolute full rebuild.

Everyone here was desperate for it at the time. Personally, I wasn't sure what options we had, but full rebuilds can take a decade before they're successful - and if topping up is an option, you should take it.

Wouldn't he just stay as forwards coach with someone else taking over as senior assistant/strategy coach?
Could possibly, don’t remember the last time our senior assistant coach wasn’t a line coach. Montgomery is defensive coach for the Giants, so I can see Hombsch being pushed out for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's an odd way of sacking someone
GIF by Giphy QA

Everyone so far is only Twomey, and some folks quoting him.

Surely history shows that these guys don't have good sources within the AFC?
To Reid’s credit he’s been good in trade negotiations recently. Dawson and a number of draft pick trades have been huge wins.

It’d be uncharacteristic for him fold first day of the trade period, especially with how valuable pick 25 may yet be. Even the Izak trade, which he arguably caved in for and for good reason, took a week to get done.

I hope Monty (if it is him) wasnt in charge of strategy at the Giants. The whole 'get a massive lead and choke' thing does nothing for me.

At the moment I'd happily take choking in a final if it meant actually playing a final.

I agree. Alot to happen but if you were assessing it from a list management point if view not a supporter its hard to see us making it.

None of the top 8 appear realistic chances to drop out but like always at least a couple will. Probably the Hawks and maybe Carlton.

I'd have Gold Coast, Freo and Collingwood as they most likely three teams to move into the top 8. I think we are with Essendon, the Saints and maybe Melbourne if their best players stay fit in the next group down.
Port Power a smoky with a tougher draw instead of the easiest this year and Hinkley sack end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back