Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Damien Hardwick in 2023..

TOP 10

1: Noah Anderson (590)
2: Sam Collins (563)
3: Matt Rowell (559)
4: Charlie Ballard (453)
5: Jarrod Witts (451)
6: Jack Lukosius (442)
7: Darcy Macpherson (436)
8: David Swallow (434)
9: Wil Powell (391)
10: Ben Ainsworth (361)
Pre

There was a bit of analysis during the year, in the media, might've been 5aa of the Crows coaching roster versus other clubs and we were pathetically minimal in comparison. I can see us retaining most of what we've got and getting extras rather than doing swap outs.

Hands down, we would have the cheapest group of Coaches and Football GM in the AFL.... Its actually embarrassing.

Like, we wouldn't even be close to the 'Soft Cap'.... Outside of D Burgess, we must be so far under the soft cap the AFL must be paying us.

This pathetic small minded "but... but... we can't attract anyone... :drunk: " excuse is such loser mentality complacency.

If Geelong can attract players to live near farms in bum****ville 2 hours out of Melbourne, Adelaide can attract players. Its not Adelaide - its the useless inept people trying to convince them that's the problem.

Yep. Didn't they get busted making an offer to Clarkson while Rutten was still coaching? Then Clarko told them their offer was too late to be considered. Shit show.

A mark against Rutten for poor judgement in going there I guess.

Though that poor judgement is what's needed to get him back!
This is why i find the whole coaching conversation confusing

I remember when the likes of Burns, Bassett and Basset where the next best thing.

Now i have no idea why they were considered that in the first place, so i find it weird that someone like Rutten is now considered no good, even noting the bad judgement in taking the Essendon Job.

Chances are, he is better now than when he was appointed at Essendon

I agree with this.

F1 with 13 coming back I do the trade
F1 with 20 coming back I'm getting nervous
F1 with 26 coming back I'm not doing
I’m coming on board with trading our F1.
The way to win a trade is back yourself and improve, everyone thinks our F1 would be in the 2-8 range, back ourselves and hopefully it’s a teens pick but traded on the assumption that it’s a high pick.

Once again - if the club was even remotely 'Aggressive' - they would (behind the scenes) tell Luko and his manager that 'You've got 48 hours' to make a decision if you are interested in joining the Crows otherwise we are moving on. He can give Izak a quick call if needed to know more about the place etc.

Can't be wasting this much time with a player being this flaky.

then again - would be a very AFC thing to do to pay overs for him. :drunk:
that's ridiculous because it will involve picks we dont have yet
trade period not even started ffs

Hands down, we would have the cheapest group of Coaches and Football GM in the AFL.... Its actually embarrassing.

Like, we wouldn't even be close to the 'Soft Cap'.... Outside of D Burgess, we must be so far under the soft cap the AFL must be paying us.

This pathetic small minded "but... but... we can't attract anyone... :drunk: " excuse is such loser mentality complacency.

If Geelong can attract players to live near farms in bum****ville 2 hours out of Melbourne, Adelaide can attract players. Its not Adelaide - its the useless inept people trying to convince them that's the problem.

100% agree on this.

I’ve thought for a while, why can’t we offer players / coaches a beautiful place and land in the Hills/Barossa or on the Fleurieu.

We really have hacks running our club don’t we.

Oh we VERY intentionally bottomed out. An absolute full rebuild.

Everyone here was desperate for it at the time. Personally, I wasn't sure what options we had, but full rebuilds can take a decade before they're successful - and if topping up is an option, you should take it.
should have worded that better, we unintentionally finished bottom after we couldn't win a game for half a season and during that season we adopted the rebuilding tag as a deflection exercise. so yes we did bottom out but really only after they were left will little choice. i know you disagree and think we planned it from 2019 and you had a long disagreement with sanders about it but you'd be wrong on that 😄

regarding avoiding a full rebuild and instead topping up if possible you were one of the first to see and say it so credit to ya

as for reid his big picture sorely lacking which is more important than being hard on individual deals if you're continually hard rival clubs will just be hard back

You gave a fair bit away 1 time when you posting under that username

I think it took me about a minute to find you IRL

And then I promptly forgot
Lol, I do remember a time when a few folks got a bit personal about me here - not meaning you, but my memory is that it was a bit disorientating when people on an internet forum start mentioning things about you in real life.

My name wasn't a very good way to hide my identity. :)

Fwiw, those I've met from here in real life have always been pretty good people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, I do remember a time when a few folks got a bit personal about me here - not meaning you, but my memory is that it was a bit disorientating when people on an internet forum start mentioning things about you in real life.

My name wasn't a very good way to hide my identity. :)

Fwiw, those I've met from here in real life have always been pretty good people.
i find it fascinating that you have met people from here and how did you work out who was who

I'd love this as a starting point for the coaching (Once again, as we were too weak to move on Nicks)... It's not even Playstation territory stuff.

Senior Asstnt (big pay increase): Rahilly (see yah Scotty)
Football GM: Montgomery (See yah Kelly)
Coaching/Football Director (Part time): Balme (go away Roo)

SANFL Coach: Van Berlo (please go Godden, please...)

Literally doing this CANNOT make us any worse....
No chance Montgomery takes that role.

Kelly's position is operational. It's closer to being the admin guy than being a coach.

Does money saved in the soft cap get reallocated? Ie does skimping on wages help fund training facilities or other areas?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% agree on this.

I’ve thought for a while, why can’t we offer players / coaches a beautiful place and land in the Hills/Barossa or on the Fleurieu.

We really have hacks running our club don’t we.
Geelong
Salary dump trade. Give them pick 7.
House and land packages. Smart business club.
Salary cap breaches. Thanks for reporting.
Good culture.

Crows
Salary dump trade. F1 please.
House and land packages. Draft Pick sanctions.
Salary cap breaches. 2 years of draft pick sanctions and no trade for player.
Bad culture.

It's all pretty funny, because people's personal biases show pretty quickly on this matter.

It's a pretty well known fact that colostrum, in the context of high performance sport, is all about aiding muscle recovery. So absolutely Doc Sando had an impact on our program.

It's a pretty well known fact that Craig's training methods were innovative and, both anecdotally and empirically, led to increased fitness and endurance of our squad.

It's a pretty well known fact that Blight was a great coach, and some of his methods and moves were instrumental in us winning two flags.

All these facts can coexist.
no one doubts everyone played their part, the thing that was off was why suddenly minor roles were being claimed to being instrumental to the success, over the more traditional factors like head coach or talent

for example currently we have the best fitness coach supposedly in the competition at least by reputation and yet we are still finishing near the bottom (i.e. not an instrumental role) 😄

you get the feeling craig was quite happy to wear this tag too with his obsession of system over talent

No chance Montgomery takes that role.

Kelly's position is operational. It's closer to being the admin guy than being a coach.
but thats the thing its not supposed to be... he is the head of football
his direct reports are nicks burgess reid. the admin stuff (finance, marketing, property, HR etc) is separate under silvers. the thing is he is a paper pusher when it needs an expert.

is there any chance the melbourne identity for the new director football is james bartel? he did quit from gws and seems to know a hell of a lot about the crows

Geelong
Salary dump trade. Give them pick 7.
House and land packages. Smart business club.
Salary cap breaches. Thanks for reporting.
Good culture.

Crows
Salary dump trade. F1 please.
House and land packages. Draft Pick sanctions.
Salary cap breaches. 2 years of draft pick sanctions and no trade for player.
Bad culture.
Here's the meme format for you 😂

93zpy6.jpg

Does money saved in the soft cap get reallocated? Ie does skimping on wages help fund training facilities or other areas?
Are we still paying for the northern grandstand at Football Park?

Just a musing

could we be holding off delistings for another reason?

somebody else IS actually coming in over the top of Nix and they have said they want to be part of all list decisions made?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back