Injury 2024 St.Kilda Injury information

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing injured? flipping fantastic, another W for the med staff.

Better hold off those contract extension talks.
That's right, no other player in the history of AFL has played through an injury.....

The stuff that gets posted in here would make a Facebook nuffie blush with embarrassment sometimes.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really? Have heard some PCL'S back in 6 weeks to 3 months. Certainly not like an acl.

Yeah PCLs are usually a couple of months recovery in professional sports circles. Which would have him return for the last 2 or 3 games at best which is pointless in the context of the season.

Let him rest and recuperate and get into the gym/pre-season early and aim for next season.

I reckon he's been playing with a ****ed knee all season to be honest.
He was going ok (albeit not kicking very straight) until the GWS game. Missed a few games after the knee & obviously came back very restricted (which anyone who wasn't blindly bagging him could clearly see).

Easier to cast judgement on a blokes' character I suppose.

Fair few fans owe Max an apology I daresay. He's looked hampered to me for weeks, but the weekend was clearly not right.
Don't give him that easy out. He's played plenty of footy this year and been ordinary on numerous occasions. Playing out a half of footy injured doesn't excuse how disappointing he's been this year. He's not above criticism. He is not living up to our expectations and I personally am worried he won't reach the hights we were all hoping he would.

Hopefully, for all our sakes, he does.

Hoping it isn’t.

I think it may be a meniscus etc.

It’s Wednesday, they’d have a good idea about ACL at this point … you would think

They said PCL and no surgery on the radio.

Don't give him that easy out. He's played plenty of footy this year and been ordinary on numerous occasions. Playing out a half of footy injured doesn't excuse how disappointing he's been this year. He's not above criticism. He is not living up to our expectations and I personally am worried he won't reach the hights we were all hoping he would.

Hopefully, for all our sakes, he does.

Yeah mate, because 159 goals from 83 games is clearly a poor return from a 23 year old KPF. I think that says he’s probably tracking well with expectations. At this rate, if he plays 200+ games for this club he’ll kick 400+ goals which would have him top 10 of all time at the club.

Perspective, a lot are now saying he’s clearly been playing through injury for large parts of the year, which is impacting his form. If you want to go full nuffy, good for you.

I think this injury just shows how prejudiced and reactive the media landscape and sections of supporters have been with Ming.

I’m not sure if we are getting the full story here…. You normally don’t go into the ruck if you have a sore knee… it used to be ( when I played) to go and sit in a forward pocket and take up a quality defender….

Yes times have changed…. But I can’t see a big forward voluntarily going into the ruck with a sore knee without telling the runner…and I can’t believe the coaches would knowingly suggest that move if they had an inkling that he had a crook knee.

We don’t have the whole story here.

It doesn’t add up.

Only logical conclusion was that he hurt himself while in the ruck…

… Bit that doesn’t explain the performance earlier on….

Hopefully I’m missing something as I love the Saints and want him to succeed.. but I’m having trouble working this one out.

I’m not sure if we are getting the full story here…. You normally don’t go into the ruck if you have a sore knee… it used to be ( when I played) to go and sit in a forward pocket and take up a quality defender….

Yes times have changed…. But I can’t see a big forward voluntarily going into the ruck with a sore knee without telling the runner…and I can’t believe the coaches would knowingly suggest that move if they had an inkling that he had a crook knee.

It doesn’t add up.

Hopefully I’m missing something as I love the Saints and want him to succeed.. but I’m having trouble working this one out.
he hurt himself going for a mark I think in the second term, he hit the turf and in pain. Happened right in front of me. I was fearing the worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not good news to hear that Max has copped another injury but it would have been worse if we were still a chance of playing finals.

With finals off the table winning isn't a priority, exploring the list is and with Max out we can try some different options up forward.

It doesn’t add up.

PCL injuries are sometimes associated with ruckwork with knees hitting knees, so maybe that is what happened?

It doesn’t add up.

It's good and bad either way tbh.

Either King didn't get hurt until later in the game and they are almost using the injury as an excuse to shield him from the criticism for his performance.

Or the coaches willingly put a player with a knee injury that turns out to be a PCL, into the ruck and play out the game. That's really poor player and medical management if the case.

Really? Have heard some PCL'S back in 6 weeks to 3 months. Certainly not like an acl.

If you don't need surgery. But Max sounds like surgery.

Doh...just read above ( Gringo ) that there's no surgery. So i guess a couple of months, then why bother playing him if there are any more games left.

Unless we make finals.....LOL.

At least they pulled him now. Don't have to think the medics were making him play. Maybe he's been playing sore for a while but just didn't report it. I thought he might be playing injured for a long time. At least he has plenty of time now before preseason.
Hit the gym hard now and build to be bullet proof.
The club will never trade him btw, and rightly so.

It's good and bad either way tbh.

Either King didn't get hurt until later in the game and they are almost using the injury as an excuse to shield him from the criticism for his performance.

Or the coaches willingly put a player with a knee injury that turns out to be a PCL, into the ruck and play out the game. That's really poor player and medical management if the case.
Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

He was going ok (albeit not kicking very straight) until the GWS game. Missed a few games after the knee & obviously came back very restricted (which anyone who wasn't blindly bagging him could clearly see).

Easier to cast judgement on a blokes' character I suppose.

100% agree on the character assassination's BS that's been going on.

This should quieten down a few that were flogging the bloke for his performances and attitude. The reality is he’s had a tough year. He’s far from the finished product but he’s a 23 year old key forward with a lot of expectation. 159 from 83 is a very good return. He’s coming toward his prime years. We’d be so dumb to let him go. Let’s get him better delivery and some support inside 50.

Yeah mate, because 159 goals from 83 games is clearly a poor return from a 23 year old KPF. I think that says he’s probably tracking well with expectations. At this rate, if he plays 200+ games for this club he’ll kick 400+ goals which would have him top 10 of all time at the club.

Perspective, a lot are now saying he’s clearly been playing through injury for large parts of the year, which is impacting his form. If you want to go full nuffy, good for you.

I think this injury just shows how prejudiced and reactive the media landscape and sections of supporters have been with Ming.
Full nuffy. Lol. When you say “ a lot are saying he’s been plying injured”, who are you talking about? Do they actually know this? Are the guessing?

He’s been disappointing this year. Why does this statement upset so many? It’s factual. Too many excuses. This injury is yet another one.

Mission press conference

- Happened in the marking contest in the third quarter when he hit the ground.

- No surgery. Played on. Even voluntarily went into the ruck whilst in pain.

- Can push through the pain barrier but has opted to recover as opposed to playing out the season.

- Will be fit for pre season, hasn’t been fully for pre season in 2 years.

- club left decision about playing on with max as surgeon said no surgery required even though fully ruptured. Club are happy he made the call to pull the pin.

- Max may have played on if we were in finals contentions.

Full nuffy. Lol. When you say “ a lot are saying he’s been plying injured”, who are you talking about? Do they actually know this? Are the guessing?

He’s been disappointing this year. Why does this statement upset so many? It’s factual. Too many excuses. This injury is yet another one.

Do your own research mate before you proceed with the subjective drivel.

He was injured from rounds 5-8 with knee issues after a somewhat disruptive off season due to a shoulder reconstruction last year which is very significant in itself. He now has a PCL and has also had abdominal strains throughout the year.

And, fyi, think we can all agree these sort of injuries (PCL, abdominal strains, etc) would all significantly hamper an athletes physical performance, if not at the bare minimum the lack of continuity would impact form.

Anywho, here’s how he tracks against other KPFs at the same stage of his career before you sink the teeth in.

bc6182c67b3f52ef5702cdc6d1138d5f.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back