News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

”Before Dilena's statement was released, Lyon faced the media for his weekly press conference at St Kilda's Moorabbin headquarters, but repeatedly said he had been instructed not to talk about the situation around Thomas.

"The club executive and the board will be releasing a statement this afternoon, so I won't be making any comment on any aspect beyond that," Lyon said.

"The club's releasing a statement which will detail the club's position."

Pressed on whether he was aware of Allen's meeting with Thomas, Lyon said: "I'm really here to talk about the weekend's game.

"The club, to be fair, is releasing a statement.”

So if I’m reading this correctly, the assembled media kept badgering RTB about Thomas even though he wanted to talk about the game.

And as a result of that, I cannot find his presser on the AFL site, the Saints site or on social media.

So we the fans miss out on hearing from the coach this week because these idiots had to bang on about this “hot scandalous story” of someone talking to someone else

Why is this more inappropriate then AFL allowing Marlion Pickett,Stengle or Oliver to keep playing or even Clarkson being able to be homophobic lets slap him with a fine yeah right

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You haven’t watched much AFL have you?
Allowing Carey to commentate? And probably way more I can’t think of right now.

Since when has there ever been anything resembling consistency -
in anything?
😉

So if I’m reading this correctly, the assembled media kept badgering RTB about Thomas even though he wanted to talk about the game.

And as a result of that, I cannot find his presser on the AFL site, the Saints site or on social media.

So we the fans miss out on hearing from the coach this week because these idiots had to bang on about this “hot scandalous story” of someone talking to someone else
You're only missing out on Rossisms.

”Before Dilena's statement was released, Lyon faced the media for his weekly press conference at St Kilda's Moorabbin headquarters, but repeatedly said he had been instructed not to talk about the situation around Thomas.

"The club executive and the board will be releasing a statement this afternoon, so I won't be making any comment on any aspect beyond that," Lyon said.

"The club's releasing a statement which will detail the club's position."

Pressed on whether he was aware of Allen's meeting with Thomas, Lyon said: "I'm really here to talk about the weekend's game.

"The club, to be fair, is releasing a statement.”

The press conference is on there website, where it always is. The media did their job which was ask Ross about the topical events surrounding the club this week.

Apparently Mason Wood really adamant not to go after TT under any circumstance.

According to Tom Morris Allen approached TT without board approval.

Ahh don't you just love the media. What a effing beat up.

List manager talking to a player who may or may not be available next year. That's his job.

As for TT himself, don't follow all the crap that gets written up in the papers - what's he done?

When does he get out of jail?

Ahh don't you just love the media.
In the space of 24 hours we’ve gone from having a friendly coffee with a bloke who is currently unable to play AFL footy to:

DROPPED!

We’ve dropped someone we never had 🤪

“St Kilda have backtracked …” the opening news items tells the nation 🙄

zEWOmvG.jpeg

Correct. Unfortunately, the screeching of the pearl-clutching bed-wetters has over-ridden everything and those same types will probably bitch about the fact that "we are not bold or clever enough in our recruiting" if he ends up at another club and ends up jagging a flag there in the future..........

To be fair to the supporters, it had nothing to do with what we thought of getting him in. I really doubt the club takes any notice of posters on forums or social media noise.

Club went to the players and other stakeholders and the answer was an unequivocal NO.

The matter is finished now, I think the statement by Carl Dilena was solid and left no room for mis-interpretation.

Let's get on with beating Richmond this weekend.

You haven’t watched much AFL have you?
Allowing Carey to commentate? And probably way more I can’t think of right now.

Since when has there ever been anything resembling consistency -
in anything?
😉

Remember the fall out from North doing a video with a rubber chicken? PR agents earn big money for a reason. If bad public spot-fires flare-up you can't contain them. Some clubs are very good at batting away controversy. A lot of the time it's having allies in the media.

Clubs like Collingwood have a lot of clout and as good as Eddie was at batting it away, it's their size and power that allows them to threaten the media with limited access etc that allows them to keep at arms length.

Clubs like Richmond and Geelong have made themselves into exemplary administrations and can wear more controversy through well earned respect. Clubs like North and the Saints are seen as desperate loser clubs with clumsy administrations. We need the media more than they need us. We are easy targets.

He's fairly tanned either way

To me the issue with Gubby isn't his whiteness. It's the WTF does he do factor. He's been here for years and he came in to help target external talent from other clubs. We got Hanners and ended up paying the type of contract and draft capital that you'd expect to get Buddy Franklin for. We've done better digging in the bin for delisted free agents.

He's from another era when you'd go have a few beers with a player and paper bag them under the table. He seems like a relic.

Remember the fall out from North doing a video with a rubber chicken? PR agents earn big money for a reason. If bad public spot-fires flare-up you can't contain them. Some clubs are very good at batting away controversy. A lot of the time it's having allies in the media.

Clubs like Collingwood have a lot of clout and as good as Eddie was at batting it away, it's their size and power that allows them to threaten the media with limited access etc that allows them to keep at arms length.

Clubs like Richmond and Geelong have made themselves into exemplary administrations and can wear more controversy through well earned respect. Clubs like North and the Saints are seen as desperate loser clubs with clumsy administrations. We need the media more than they need us. We are easy targets.

You win games of football, you don't need PR agents.

Bottom line.

Lose against Richmond this week, then they will be paying more money for ideas to distract everyone from our football results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson went on to coach the Eagles!
You win games of football, you don't need PR agents.

Bottom line.

Lose against Richmond this week, then they will be paying more money for ideas to distract everyone from our football results.
I hope the club has banned that chief disruptor Tom Morris from the club. He has his own poor history with women.

I hope the club has banned that chief disruptor Tom Morris from the club. He has his own poor history with women.
I wonder if he threw Mason Wood under the bus on the TT issue.

To me the issue with Gubby isn't his whiteness. It's the WTF does he do factor. He's been here for years and he came in to help target external talent from other clubs. We got Hanners and ended up paying the type of contract and draft capital that you'd expect to get Buddy Franklin for. We've done better digging in the bin for delisted free agents.

He's from another era when you'd go have a few beers with a player and paper bag them under the table. He seems like a relic.
well since hanneberry, we have brought in Howard, Butler, Higgins, Hill, Wood, Henry and co.

I would imagine if his job was to attract talent, he would have had a hand in these players whilst being at the club

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thrown under the bus?
Mason gone up in my estimation dramatically.
What could Allen have been thinking?
He did not need to name Wood specifically just because he was also a North player.

Hope he actually lied about it and Mason sues his pants off.
Also hope Mason, who is clearly highly regarded at our club for good reason, gets the little weasel banned from the club.

He did not need to name Wood specifically just because he was also a North player.

Hope he actually lied about it and Mason sues his pants off.
Also hope Mason, who is clearly highly regarded at our club for good reason, gets the little weasel banned from the club.

S14Mgqu.gif

Mason Wood. You just gotta love the guy.

The other old guy we had was a relic, but he got us Jack Steele, and spotted Garcia ( and probably other players ).
He headed out the door when the new admin came in though.

well since hanneberry, we have brought in Howard, Butler, Higgins, Hill, Wood, Henry and co.

I would imagine if his job was to attract talent, he would have had a hand in these players whilst being at the club

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you Gubby?

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back