VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice civilised long lunch in Dixon St … is Chinatown still there? Have not pigged out there since the 70s
Chris may as well go home, Blacktown isn't exactly just down the street from Haymarket either.

Some new players to look out for, some already announced.
Ben Ashley -Cooper from Lavington.
Hugo Birks from Drouin / Sandy Dragons.
Ben Edwards from Claremont
Will Kelly from Collingwood.
Steve Miller from Claremont .
Phil Moimoi from Geelong West/Sandringham.
Pierce Roseby from Frankston

Bit far to duck home.
I thought I read somewhere (on here, but can't remember which thread) that the VFL game has been relocated to Lakeside. Can anyone confirm that?

I reckon I'll watch the AFL on TV - I don't want to drive back from Blacktown late at night. But I wouldn't mind watching the reserves game, since that won't be televised. Much more likely to do that if it's at Lakeside. But I don't want to go to Lakeside only to discover it's in Blacktown.

I thought I read somewhere (on here, but can't remember which thread) that the VFL game has been relocated to Lakeside. Can anyone confirm that?

I reckon I'll watch the AFL on TV - I don't want to drive back from Blacktown late at night. But I wouldn't mind watching the reserves game, since that won't be televised. Much more likely to do that if it's at Lakeside. But I don't want to go to Lakeside only to discover it's in Blacktown.
Definitely Lakeside from the website but I can't find confirmation of the time change from 1pm to 10am. Bloody annoying.

Definitely Lakeside from the website but I can't find confirmation of the time change from 1pm to 10am. Bloody annoying.
On which website have you found confirmation of the location change? In the article on the AFL match reschedule I can see no reference to the VFL game at all.

As to the time change, it is hard to see them playing midday given the rationale for the changes. Though I guess it depends on when the opposition was planning to arrive. (I'm not sure I even know who the VFL team is scheduled to play. Brisbane?)

But you would think it would be straight forward to provide this information in a place that can be readily found.

On which website have you found confirmation of the location change? In the article on the AFL match reschedule I can see no reference to the VFL game at all.

As to the time change, it is hard to see them playing midday given the rationale for the changes. Though I guess it depends on when the opposition was planning to arrive. (I'm not sure I even know who the VFL team is scheduled to play. Brisbane?)

But you would think it would be straight forward to provide this information in a place that can be readily found.
It was on the original post but I just went back and checked and it's gone. I'm going to try ringing and emailing. Perhaps they're going to cancel. My guess is they were going to fly down in the morning for the 1pm start and fly back late that night. Big mess.

It was on the original post but I just went back and checked and it's gone. I'm going to try ringing and emailing. Perhaps they're going to cancel. My guess is they were going to fly down in the morning for the 1pm start and fly back late that night. Big mess.
No point in emailing. You’ll just get an auto response saying someone will reply within three business days…

No point in emailing. You’ll just get an auto response saying someone will reply within three business days…
I'll ring at 10 when they open. It may be up in the air. I'll post whatever I find out.
Hope it's still on as I won't be able to get to many of the VFL games and wanted to see some of the youngsters in action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL List Update - February

STAYING:

Toby Alker
Jake Bartholomaeus
Lachlan Cabor
Oscar Davis
Jordan Endemann
Riley Fitzroy
Tye Gander
Max Geddes
Ned Hawkins
Byron Laws
Tom Longmire
Hamish Morrison
Harry Morrison
Max Rider
Nick Shipley
James Tidemann
Monty Velthuis

ARRIVING:
Ben Ashley-Cooper (Lavington)
Hugo Birks (Drouin/ex-Sandringham Dragons)
Ben Edwards (Claremont)
Koby Grass (Pakenham/ex-Gippsland Power)
Will Kelly (Collingwood AFL)
Phil Moi Moi (Sandringham/Geelong West)
Josh Nicholls (Bangor/St George/Swans Academy)
Bililign “Billy” Robertson (Inner West Magpies/UTS/Swans Academy)
Pierce Roseby (Frankston)

DEPARTING:
Jake Brown (retired)
Will Collis (retired – Hay)
Joel Crocker (retired – Hay)
Ethan Grace (GWS Giants VFL)
Charlie Haley (Balwyn)
Tom Howard (Victoria)
Nick McGill (South Australia)
Jake Veale (North Shore)
Christian Webster (Southport)

All clubs: 2024 Smithy's VFL List Update - February

VFL List Update - February

STAYING:

Toby Alker
Jake Bartholomaeus
Lachlan Cabor
Oscar Davis
Jordan Endemann
Riley Fitzroy
Tye Gander
Max Geddes
Ned Hawkins
Byron Laws
Tom Longmire
Hamish Morrison
Harry Morrison
Max Rider
Nick Shipley
James Tidemann
Monty Velthuis

ARRIVING:
Ben Ashley-Cooper (Lavington)
Hugo Birks (Drouin/ex-Sandringham Dragons)
Ben Edwards (Claremont)
Koby Grass (Pakenham/ex-Gippsland Power)
Will Kelly (Collingwood AFL)
Phil Moi Moi (Sandringham/Geelong West)
Josh Nicholls (Bangor/St George/Swans Academy)
Bililign “Billy” Robertson (Inner West Magpies/UTS/Swans Academy)
Pierce Roseby (Frankston)

DEPARTING:
Jake Brown (retired)
Will Collis (retired – Hay)
Joel Crocker (retired – Hay)
Ethan Grace (GWS Giants VFL)
Charlie Haley (Balwyn)
Tom Howard (Victoria)
Nick McGill (South Australia)
Jake Veale (North Shore)
Christian Webster (Southport)

All clubs: 2024 Smithy's VFL List Update - February
Will and Joel off to my old home town! The Hay Lions! Good luck to them.

I was quite impressed with Crocker last year. I wonder why he's decided he doesn't want to remain at VFL level.
Maybe $1000 a game and doesn't have to put in the level of commitment and maybe $200 or 300 a game .
The money in country footy is obscene , my club has a mainly ressies player going to the bush for $800 !

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back