VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, there doesn't seem to be anything on Kayo either. I was thinking we would be getting the same 6 Part game format and coverage that the other sides are doing. But for some unknown reason we seem to have opted for 2 separate games with no coverage of the vfl game.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Its definitely on Kayo.

Here are my thoughts on how the AFL players went yesterday in the VFL:

Reid and Buller dominated the F50, Reid looked very good, and was moving very well. He looked like he did in 2022.

Melican - IMO, he was best out of the 3 KPD's - Meli, Hamling and Edwards. Played a very good game, kept his opponent(s) quiet the whole day. Drifted forward to kick a goal just outside 50 as well.

Hamling - took him some time to get into the game, but by the 2nd half, started to move a bit better. Still think Meli is ahead at this stage.

Sheldrick - very good, powerful in the middle and around the ball contests, had a couple of mares. I think he'll be in the AFL team soon, but needs to build his game up in the 2's, if anything to build up his confidence

Co Warner - 2 words: tackling machine. There was one play where he single-handedly tackled two GWS players 3 times in the one play, and still got a clean disposal/clearance kick away. He did get caught once or twice HTB, but was pretty effective on the wing.

Mitchell - had a good game, especially on the wing out of def 50, has a nice long kick

Vickery - very quick/speedy and efficient playing off HB, out of defence. Was especially good at hitting his targets in defence

Snell - as per Vickery, very agile, and also hit his targets efficiently. I think he'll develop and come along pretty quickly

Magor - pretty good game, still developing and with some more games may become a solid contributor

Cleary - played a solid game in the middle and the contests around the ground. Very effective tackler.

Kirk - much like Cleary, solid game around the ball. Drifted forward and kicked a goal from quite a tricky angle in Q1.

Konstanty - good forward pressure, broke through for a goal (or 2?) towards the end

Ladhams - played first ruck, did get beaten a couple of times, but dominated the ruck

McAndrew - played 2nd ruck, and did a pretty good job, he drifted to HF when not off the ground.

Green - played deep forward for majority of the game, mainly played as a spoiler did some of the forward ruck work

Edwards - still developing, but getting better; had a few good moments playing out the whole game

Thanks for that , but probably hard to get a proper gauge against sh#t oppo
I think the Giants only played 6 afl listed players yesterday…so I am glad we dominated. Would have been difficult to have a bad game I guess

Here are my thoughts on how the AFL players went yesterday in the VFL:

Reid and Buller dominated the F50, Reid looked very good, and was moving very well. He looked like he did in 2022.

Melican - IMO, he was best out of the 3 KPD's - Meli, Hamling and Edwards. Played a very good game, kept his opponent(s) quiet the whole day. Drifted forward to kick a goal just outside 50 as well.

Hamling - took him some time to get into the game, but by the 2nd half, started to move a bit better. Still think Meli is ahead at this stage.

Sheldrick - very good, powerful in the middle and around the ball contests, had a couple of mares. I think he'll be in the AFL team soon, but needs to build his game up in the 2's, if anything to build up his confidence

Co Warner - 2 words: tackling machine. There was one play where he single-handedly tackled two GWS players 3 times in the one play, and still got a clean disposal/clearance kick away. He did get caught once or twice HTB, but was pretty effective on the wing.

Mitchell - had a good game, especially on the wing out of def 50, has a nice long kick

Vickery - very quick/speedy and efficient playing off HB, out of defence. Was especially good at hitting his targets in defence

Snell - as per Vickery, very agile, and also hit his targets efficiently. I think he'll develop and come along pretty quickly

Magor - pretty good game, still developing and with some more games may become a solid contributor

Cleary - played a solid game in the middle and the contests around the ground. Very effective tackler.

Kirk - much like Cleary, solid game around the ball. Drifted forward and kicked a goal from quite a tricky angle in Q1.

Konstanty - good forward pressure, broke through for a goal (or 2?) towards the end

Ladhams - played first ruck, did get beaten a couple of times, but dominated the ruck

McAndrew - played 2nd ruck, and did a pretty good job, he drifted to HF when not off the ground.

Green - played deep forward for majority of the game, mainly played as a spoiler did some of the forward ruck work

Edwards - still developing, but getting better; had a few good moments playing out the whole game
As has been said, not the greatest opposition but that is heartening to hear that Snell looks agile around the ground. Something to work with there as opposed to just a lock down type key defender. Will be interested to see how he develops.

Great posts Adnico26Parker !! Were you there? Was there a fourth quarter? I thought it finished after 3 quarters and that's when I left. All the players were shaking hands on the ground and 3 periods of play was what had been advertised beforehand I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox and Kayo. Maybe even 7+ too.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
I can't even get the AFL Sim replay on Watch AFL. That would be the same for FOX I would presume because it has a FOX Service. I have contacted them & they say they are working on the problem. They have the footage because they played it on Watch AFL TV. I pay $225AU/Year. I want service not promises

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully some don't think they're better than they are
You can only play who they put in front of you. They won, got some match fitness and blew out a few cobwebs, that's all we can ask for in pre-season matches.

Yes, I was there - there were 4 quarters

Thanks. That explains why I was mistaken about the final score. I guess I was just expecting the match to finish after three quarters and when the players all started mingling on the field I imagined they were shaking hands and the game was over and I left, prematurely.

Thanks. That explains why I was mistaken about the final score. I guess I was just expecting the match to finish after three quarters and when the players all started mingling on the field I imagined they were shaking hands and the game was over and I left, prematurely.

Hehe… This reminds me that Carlton fans have been leaving games early for most of this Century.

Will Kelly signed to VFL as well as Drouin's Hugo Birks , can play .

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back