VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Have never see them do that. It's always been a "24th man" who plays half a game in the VFL and is then emergency on top of the named 23.

Would guess Mitchell will be that 24th player who plays a half in the VFL, even though it's a day before, not hours before the AFL game.

Edit: In relation to the possibility of Corey Warner playing a half in the VFL tomorrow.

Last edited:

Team as per VFL teams:

SYDNEY SWANS
B:
W. Green (45), W. Edwards (28), C. Vickery (25)
HB: H. Arnold (38), J. Hamling (29), J. Magor (32)
C: M. Lloyd (54), A. Sheldrick (12), N. Shipley (52)
HF: A. Francis (10), S. Reid (20), I. Kirk (31)
F: J. Lugsdin (67), L. McAndrew (46), C. Cleary (33)
R: P. Ladhams (19), C. Mitchell (35), S. Wicks (15)
INT: B. Ashley-Cooper (51), N. Hawkins (47)*, J. Bartholomaeus (53), Ham. Morrison (62)
EMG: W. Smit (59), B. Laws (64), J. Tidemann (65)

IN: B. Ashley-Cooper, N. Hawkins, J. Lugsdin, N. Shipley
OUT: Co. Warner (AFL), B. Edwards (quad), T. Hanily (ankle), K. Grass, W. Smit

Team as per VFL teams:

SYDNEY SWANS
B:
W. Green (45), W. Edwards (28), C. Vickery (25)
HB: H. Arnold (38), J. Hamling (29), J. Magor (32)
C: M. Lloyd (54), A. Sheldrick (12), N. Shipley (52)
HF: A. Francis (10), S. Reid (20), I. Kirk (31)
F: J. Lugsdin (67), L. McAndrew (46), C. Cleary (33)
R: P. Ladhams (19), C. Mitchell (35), S. Wicks (15)
INT: B. Ashley-Cooper (51), N. Hawkins (47)*, J. Bartholomaeus (53), Ham. Morrison (62)
EMG: W. Smit (59), B. Laws (64), J. Tidemann (65)

IN: B. Ashley-Cooper, N. Hawkins, J. Lugsdin, N. Shipley
OUT: Co. Warner (AFL), B. Edwards (quad), T. Hanily (ankle), K. Grass, W. Smit
Hamling playing in defence?

Good to see Ned Hawkins come in for the game
Yep. I really like some of his "moments" over the past couple of seasons. If he hadn't been injured early in the season I like to think he'd have got a chance to play as an overager in the U18 championships. He excites me more as a candidate for a potential Cat B Rookie spot than the likes of Harrison or even Rider. Though Rider has more runs on the board.

Yep. I really like some of his "moments" over the past couple of seasons. If he hadn't been injured early in the season I like to think he'd have got a chance to play as an overager in the U18 championships. He excites me more as a candidate for a potential Cat B Rookie spot than the likes of Harrison or even Rider. Though Rider has more runs on the board.
Same here, like we did with taking Indhi as an over ager last year

The only player I can think of in recent memory who debuted immediately and played at full on AFL standard in his career position is Tom Papley.
Gulden, Campbell and McDonald debuted immediately but had a fair bit of development in them (still do IMO).
Anyone starting in VFL is a development player.
Very semantic area.

Alex Johnson?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its probably a difference in quality between AFL and VFL but i swear every VFL game even with or without wind it looks like the wind absolutely swirls around.

I know its absolutely windy at the game today but still

A really frustrating start to the game kicking 6 goals 1 behind to Brisbane's 2 goals 1 behind.

Pure frustration because of the absolute shit we have shown in previous weeks. If we played like this consistently, we'd be well entrenched in the 8, not slopping around in 14th.
So what's the difference? Sheldrick + Cleary?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back