VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this a demotion for McVeigh?
Depends on how you look at it. Instead of focusing on a line he is the "head coach" now which would be a promotion

But head coach of the 2s, not involved in the 1sts which could be a demotion

Or a step sideways to help develop his ability to coach on game day

Depends on how you look at it. Instead of focusing on a line he is the "head coach" now which would be a promotion

But head coach of the 2s, not involved in the 1sts which could be a demotion

Or a step sideways to help develop his ability to coach on game day
If you have ever read 'The Peter Principle', I think you will find it is called a 'lateral arabesque' where he can't take the next step up so is moved sideways out of the way.

If you have ever read 'The Peter Principle', I think you will find it is called a 'lateral arabesque' where he can't take the next step up so is moved sideways out of the way.
I said to you boys at the meet up , he has to go, changes have to be made . Sheedy did it ,Dimma had to do it , all the good coaches have . Clarko has put together a young promising group of coaches

Harley on SEN just said that Truslove is moving back to Victoria and Jarrad Mcveigh will take over as coach of the VFL team.
Good. My limited observations of his work were that he coaches like Horse does on Grand Final day. Silent, almost without a pulse.

Good. My limited observations of his work were that he coaches like Horse does on Grand Final day. Silent, almost without a pulse.
I just deleted a post that clearly demonstrated that I misunderstood you.
I didn't see Truslove coach but the results speak for themselves I think. I expect a lot more from McPointy.

Is this a demotion for McVeigh?
Player development in the 2s is crucial and we have had buggar all development of the younger players in the squad.

McVeigh's move might be an important strategic move to bolster the list. I certainly see it that way.

And when you look at how Rhyse Shaw was snapped up as a senior coach after his excellent effort as the Swans 2s coach, it's pretty clear that other clubs value such a position.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Player development in the 2s is crucial and we have had buggar all development of the younger players in the squad.

McVeigh's move might be an important strategic move to bolster the list. I certainly see it that way.

And when you look at how Rhyse Shaw was snapped up as a senior coach after his excellent effort as the Swans 2s coach, it's pretty clear that other clubs value such a position.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatal
Me too. McPointy has a good strategic brain and high standards. It will be good for him and the VFL team. Also, our other assistant coaches are past that having been line coaches or seniors at other clubs. The other position I want to see is the development coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back