Liam Shiels
Curtis Taylor
Tarryn Thomas

Added:
Darling
Parker
Daniel
Konstanty

By my maths, that means we have one list spot free?

If we're taking three at the draft + Stevens, then Drury, Harvey and Laz are all gone, unless George is an LTI, yeah?

So we started with 2 too many players.

Delistings:
Hamish Free
Hugh Greenwood
Bigoa Nyuon
Tyler Sellers
Liam Shiels
Curtis Taylor
Tarryn Thomas

Added:
Darling
Parker
Daniel
Konstanty

If we're taking three at the draft + Stevens, then Drury, Harvey and Laz are all gone, unless George is an LTI, yeah?
Is our list space being reduced by 2 though?

Delistings:
Hamish Free
Hugh Greenwood
Bigoa Nyuon
Tyler Sellers
Liam Shiels
Curtis Taylor
Tarryn Thomas

Added:
Darling
Parker
Daniel
Konstanty

I believe that we still have the 2 extra rookie spots under the AFL "assistance" package, which might enable one or two of them to be retained.

Delistings:
Hamish Free
Hugh Greenwood
Bigoa Nyuon
Tyler Sellers
Liam Shiels
Curtis Taylor
Tarryn Thomas

Added:
Darling
Parker
Daniel
Konstanty

thats right but pass on stevens keep cooper as a rookie

george we would do as a lti after the draft and bring in a few train ons over summer for an ssp spot

Honestly, sell this recruitment to me for Pick 25?
Not sure about sell but the last 2 pick 25s, Harry Demattia and Lewis Hayes, have yet to play a game.

They year before Richmond had 5 picks in the top 30 and whilst it is still early, look to have blown their wad.

We just picked up some known quantities which might have turned that 54 point lead against Collingwood into an actual 54 point win and LDU might have signed the week after.

We do have a pick 26 on our list. His name is Brayden George.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about sell but the last 2 pick 25s, Harry Demattia and Lewis Hayes, have yet to play a game.

They year before Richmond had 5 picks in the top 30 and whilst it is still early, look to have blown their wad.

We just picked up some known quantities which might have turned that 54 point lead against Collingwood into an actual 54 point win and LDU might have signed the week after.

We do have a pick 26 on our list. His name is Brayden George.

And 10 of the 22 of this years All Australians were picked at 25 or lower.

Honestly, the amount of people on here that are mouth pieces for the club is hilarious.

They must simply look at Wikipedia and see an All Australian Jacket and Best and Fairest from checks 5 years ago next season. Ben Brown was a Coleman medal contender only 1 season removed, that's how long ago that was.

Daniel averages 13 meters per disposal. 13.

Some people are making out like he's Darren Jarman. LMAC had a better kicking efficiency and effective kick ratio than he did last season and he moved the ball a hell of a lot further per disposal. I'll have to re-check some of the dumps during the year, but I believe he was listed throughout the year in CD's worst kicks vs expected kick rating on some week to week analysis'.

And people loved to hang shit on Colby on this board at periods of last season. Their reactions are going to be fairly comical when they discover Daniel moves the ball 40% less per possession than Colby, who some hung a heap of shit on for his give and goes and chip kicks.

He doesn't run with the ball, he is a spot up mark/kick type that is a complete defensive liability that opposition sides actively try to make the 3rd forward and medium forward mismatch against. It's why the Dogs replaced him with a few fringe VFL types who actually can break zone defences and defend in the air.

He actually used to be quite a good interceptor in his first 4-5 years in the league, that's disappeared in the second half of his career as he's just become an unaccountable small half back.

And he's joining one of the worst defences in the league, what could go wrong?

He's also 29 years old in the middle of next season and has got progressively worse year on year since his peak in 2020 as that AA/B&F winner.

The fact he was also on $1,500,000 over the next two seasons, is 29 years old next year, in the Dogs VFL team or a sub for much of the year and the evenness of this draft, makes this the absolute deal of the century for them. Twomey is absolutely spot on, daylight robbery and one every club would make in an instant for a 29 year old at this stage of their careers. A salary dump for a fringe player on a back ended deal, who has been on a year on year decline for 4 years and not at all required anymore and been replaced, is just...

We had every single bit of leverage in this deal. The only thing going for the Dogs was he was contracted, yet at $750,000 PA it was as plain as day they would blink and move him at the end for whatever they could get.

I was never apposed to his recruitment, if the price was right. IF the price was right, He's a fantastic trainer, was a good leader at underage level and has a good footy brain. He's developed a fair few bad habits sitting as a loose half back flanker since his Rising Star and following years however.

This should have been Pick 66 or a F4 type deal when factoring his toxic contract for their TPP.

I sincerely hope we play him off a wing or even half forward and not half back. The game has gone past his type of player at half back.
Your devotion to Champion Data BS
is at Glen Luff levels. That worked an absolute treat for us.

With Port absolutely getting a below par return for a contracted dual AA player all I can say is I feel like they've been hit by the karma bus for what they pulled with the JHF deal given he was contracted too. And rightly so as well
Wardlaw and Goad for JHF…..it does stink doesn’t it?

Gonna sign off on this trade period with this;

Did we overpay on Daniel? Yes. Would I have preferred to take 25 to the draft? Yes.

But at the end of the day I’m sick of turning up and losing every week. Comes in and provides good ball movement from the back half. We move Colby up the ground where he can damage going inside 50 and kick long goals from 50 and be a far more dangerous threat for us.

We get Parker in to provide much needed leadership. I can’t wait to see Wardlaw after working with Parker for a while. He should be great for Sheez too, help mould him into the next skipper.

Konstanty is a free hit. He brings forward pressure which we’ve needed for years. He obviously has a lot of work to do, but he’s going to get an opportunity to show if he’s cut out for the level. Seeing a spot he can fill might spur him on to push harder.

Darling, wasn’t keen but he’s a roo now and just hope it works positively for us.

All in all, forget the price. They are roos, let’s win some f*cking football games. Bring on the draft and then hopefully a happier 2025 season.
Well said. Stop sooking about pick 25 to those that can't get over the Daniel trade. The guy is a gun. It'll be pick 30 and we'd probably pick the next Spicer, Lazy, Will Walker or an injury prone George anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back