List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

If I'm Harry McKay, why would I move to the Dees right now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's infuriating to talk about restoring and recruiting senior players, when we have more than enough on the list already who should be doing it.

This isn't 4-5 years ago.

Simpkin turns 27 in March.
McDonald turns 30 in Feb.

Both captains.

LDU turns 26 next year.

Zurhaar turns 27 next year.
Larkey turns 27 next year.

Seriously.....

All of these players were signed on long term, big money deals.

There's 5 of them, without even considering guys like Xerri, Logue, Corr etc.

Some of our top draftees are entering their 4th and 5th seasons.

Seriously, if we need "experienced" players to show example, the "senior experienced players" should be traded/or offered 30% pay reductions. Otherwise what are they there for?

They have lost for most of their careers.
Losing is endemic at NM.

How do senior players step up when it's all they know? Then comes the next crop, which has won 20/100, and the vicious circle repeats.

We need 4+ 28+ year olds from good teams to show our boys how to win.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I went to post about the Stephenson trade and had a deeper look at Melbourne's trading.

I mean I knew they were next level already but far out they were like Neo in the Matrix.

Preuss for #31. After getting him and a pick from us for Dom Tyson.

Trading out their F1 (where they won the flag) for #18, #19.

Fleecing us with 2x R2s for Ben Brown + R2. Valuing a top 2 Coleman player 12 months earlier at a pick ~30. Imagine what WE would pay for a Ben Brown?!

They should be disgusted with their lack of further success because their list managers were spinning the decks like nobodies business.
They smashed us in 2019 too, and very nearly fleeced us even harder. One more year and we'd have traded our pick 8 for their pick 19.

Is Jarrod Berry too young for consideration here ? only about 26y/o, no premierships, and not noted for his pace, but seems to be a solid type citizen to me as a defensive mid

Didnt he sign on with Brisbane mths ago?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back