List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Always liked Sam day. Wouldn't be upset

I'd take membrey solely for the fact he seems to kick goals against us. Other than that, he's shit.
Hes far from shit and is lockett like compared to some of the blokes on our list. If he can be got as a FA its a no brainier when we have blokes like biggy, ccj and taylor running round in our sqad. Like mentioned earlier is an inatant upgrade on pink and treakle.

Hes far from shit and is lockett like compared to some of the blokes on our list. If he can be got as a FA its a no brainier when we have blokes like biggy, ccj and taylor running round in our sqad. Like mentioned earlier is an inatant upgrade on pink and treakle.
But I think the issue he’s not an upgrade on pink and teakle - membrey is 188, shorter than LDU. I’m not questioning Membrey as a solid citizen, he is, but he’s just not a KPF

This board does this every year. We win three games and then turn our nose up at solid players who would clearly walk into our best side.

I hope we're are into Leek Aleer?

Sam Day would be great but don't expect him to play more than 10-15 games...teaching body positioning and forward patterns would be his main asset to us.

Geez Seb Ross not offered a contract by St.Kilda.

In the event we don't end up with a Parker type, I'd be keen. Ross is a more defensive mid and has an excellent character. You could play him purely as a tagger or in a similar defensive role to Shiels. His form at the start of the year was pretty solid, but tapered off in the back end of this year.
Wouldn't be suprised if he's one of the veteran leaders we're looking at in the event we can't lure a Parker or a Wines. Wouldn't be against it either.

Elmos plays second ruck as well, plus it was his first season as a fwd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ivan Soldo

“It is an absolute watch. He hasn’t even been there 12 months yet. He’s got a level of disenchantment a year into his career at Port Adelaide.”

“He’s battled a knee injury and has now lost his spot in the side. It’s one to keep an eye on. It hasn’t quite worked out for him at Port Adelaide.”
his missus who moved over with him is apparently unhappy as well. and id say he would be doing everything he can to keep her happy.

I see the emerging counter trend is that we shouldn't dismiss any Shitmen because we ourselves, are shit.
Cut the shitmen, replace with more shitmen. The last few pages have given me a headache… Seb Ross.. Sam Day… going to be a long off season.

his missus who moved over with him is apparently unhappy as well. and id say he would be doing everything he can to keep her happy.

She looks like she'd melt if she stood too close to an open flame.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I like this idea of cleansing this list in hope that the we continue weed out the shit with each cleanse. So far we’ve gotten rid of a bit. Corey Wagner is really the only player I reckon has come good at another side. Wood peaked during the syd final.

Last edited:
But I think the issue he’s not an upgrade on pink and teakle - membrey is 188, shorter than LDU. I’m not questioning Membrey as a solid citizen, he is, but he’s just not a KPF
Some players just play taller, you know that yourself. Membrey does play like a KPF, and given our structure would easily replace Pink as a second/third tall, leaving Teakle there as well, as a ruck releif and third tall. The way he plays, it would completely change our forward setup. Yes, it might make it harder for someone like Ford to get a game, as he'd be fighting with Zurhaar for the spot, but that's what we want. No automatic walk up starts for anyone

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

The only thing 'tall' about Membrey's game is that he doesn't get much of the ball.

He doesn't play like a KPF. He plays like a third tall. The only reason he gets talked about as a tall is because outside of King, St. Kilda don't have one.

He plays no different to when we were playing Zurhaar as an undersized KPF.

Just had a quick scour over other lists and who played little games this year. **** it’s pretty slim pickings to get any of the extra talent that Clarko spoke about being under utilised.

Erasmus
Davies
Spargo (albeit injured)
D Robertson
Binns
A Roberts
Conway
Rosas
D Williams
O Baker

These are realistic options who would be in our side and increase the quality of the bottom 6
Yeah i mentioned Erasmus a while ago and no one on here rated him. I thought he would be a really good player for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back