List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Except they haven't got the top core meaning their ceiling is about where they are now.

It's not a linear path to go from 3rd last, to 9th, 7th then top 4.

Sometimes, teams won't go beyond 6th. Hawk has peaked too early and they will hover around 5th - 8th.

Our core is something we can build a team around for the next 15 years.

We simply need to find the right players to support sheezal ldu wardlaw mckercher, we don't need big names, we need the RIGHT names.
I hope you are right. Wouldn’t put money on it though.

When the fixture came out I predicted we'd get to 8 wins lol
And that we'd finish between 10th and 14th. Got nowhere near it.

Its going to be a grind. Sadly this season has probably conditioned the majority of the supporter base to severely lower our expectations going forward.
That never ends well.

Which begs the question what happens when we have another poor start in 2025?
When the green shoots we pray for doesn't occur?
The spotlight on us is going to be intense. The media is waiting for us to fail. For Clarko to fail.
Were going to be the easiest of targets.

In terms of projections I don't think we are going to be able to stomach 6 years straight of wooden spoon footy. And the chances are it is going to happen.
People in leadership roles will fall on their sword so its almost like the next 9 months officials at the club will be operating with a loaded gun pointed straight at them. That is not a good place to be in.
If they knew what was good for them, they'd move heaven and earth, getting mature talent through the doors in the next couple of months. Pick 2 shouldn't be off the table either if they can actually entice a star player to pull up stumps and join us.

If they don't, the clean out will be massive.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh boy Pink doing hard the sell to Petracca on why Toby’s the Dees man up fwd. Probably took him though all his 3 goals this season.
TAO - you short changed The Panther - he went for 0.5 a game over his solid 15 games this year.
pink panther GIF

Thank you for sharing. Seriously. That is about as life-changing as it gets. Did you have a full on NDE? I have studied those for decades. You're never the same after getting a glimpse of the other side. I haven't had one myself but I did have a severe bike crash with lost consciousness and head injuries back in 2020, so I have some idea.

I hear this sort of thing completely changes people. I get your point re Petracca. He will probably never be the same player. We'll never know how deep into the experience he went. The mental battle is super hard when something like this happens.

Your experience though, wow. Surgery on the road before going to hospital? And all those broken ribs? My goodness, I'm amazed you survived.
Happy to discuss the NDE via PM. I'm one of those weirdo's that find sharing therapeutic.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

North will not be going anywhere.
It's fun to say that, but if we win 3 games again next year then anything is on the table.

Especially if we could have made upgrades but opted for another "development" year.

It might not be next year that the club dies but next year we could cross the point of no return.

15 wins in five years is a dire situation. It's not a "let's just wait and see what happens" situation.

It's fun to say that, but if we win 3 games again next year then anything is on the table.

Especially if we could have made upgrades but opted for another "development" year.

It might not be next year that the club dies but next year we could cross the point of no return.

15 wins in five years is a dire situation. It's not a "let's just wait and see what happens" situation.
100%

Imagine another 2-3 win season in the mid-60s...

The AFL would move in, and then who knows where we could end up from there. We would be at the AFLs discretion. If membership tanked, crowds were piss poor, and sponsors dropped off, they're liable to wind us up.

This year's books will be interesting.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They will rebuild quicker than us. Players want to go there more than us. Big club, play at the G 60-70% of their games. Very hard for us to compete
It will still take them 4-5 years to develop those draftees as most of them take that long to get fitness and strength up.
They might have a few who can contribute straight away but if they don't nail a high percentage of picks it sets the timeline back even further, so it's crucial they make every pick a winner.
No doubt they will be able to lure talent with the big club angle but not for a couple of years if they are bottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling with Trac the closer we get to trade week, the lower his value will become, reality will set in. If he wants out Melbourne will have to trade him.
And at 29 coming off a serious injury with those $$ attached to his contract, teams are going to have to blow up their cap to get him in, it’s crazy to think about. Two firsts will soon become one or two seconds and an avg player.
Kosi trade will probably end up bigger
It’s Ben Brown all over again.

From the Collingwood Board

"Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win"

WTF
I like this. We can retire him short of Boomer’s games record!

Really surprised we haven’t been linked with Alex Davies from GC, big bodied mature tackling mid? OOC where do we sign?

Plenty of opportunities to add to our mature depth by raiding Gold Coasts list.

Davies
Fiorini
Graham
Budarick
Rosas

Would all come pretty cheap and would definitely improve our overall depth.

Really surprised we haven’t been linked with Alex Davies from GC, big bodied mature tackling mid? OOC where do we sign?

Plenty of opportunities to add to our mature depth by raiding Gold Coasts list.

Davies
Fiorini
Graham
Budarick
Rosas

Would all come pretty cheap and would definitely improve our overall depth.
He gonna come to North or the pies or Geelong where he'll play finals?

He gonna come to North or the pies or Geelong where he'll play finals?

I'm not confident Collingwood will bounce next year. Unless they some how manage to get Trac. Their spine is terrible and their list has no depth whatsoever.

The motivation to come to north would be more money, more opportunity in the seniors and more job security. Be apart of building something!

I watch very little AFL other than our games. Does Davies have the speed, skills, defensive intensity and footy IQ of your average NM player?

Tall 191cm inside mid, that is very defensively focused. Really good hands, but kicking can be a little suspect at times. Doesn’t get much footy on the outside but covers the ground well. Would be a good point of difference in our midfield imo.

Tall 191cm inside mid, that is very defensively focused. Really good hands, but kicking can be a little suspect at times. Doesn’t get much footy on the outside but covers the ground well. Would be a good point of difference in our midfield imo.
I rate him. Surprised GC are doing this to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back