List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Kerch to a wing.
Fisher to small forward.
Stephens dropped
Daniel hbf
Pretty obvious really
Doesn't matter where they play, we're playing basically 4 small guys who can't exert pressure. 3, assuming Kerch gets better at it.

Daniel is better than Fisher, and McKercher will be a star. But do we drop Fisher and Stephens with 3 years on each contract?

Underrating Houston there a bit. he is genuinely one of the best half backs in the comp both offensively and defensively. Caleb Daniel can kick and retain the footy but he is a deplorable defender, his kicking also lacks depth and he has lost a bit of toe over the last few years. Daniel is maybe a slight upgrade on fisher, but in all reality, they are as equally as poor as one another, due to their terrible defending.

Don't get me wrong, Houston is a gun. I like fisher but he is expected to bite off more than he should sometimes being the only creative one back there... we see it with Kerch too... think Daniel is slightly better and maybe fisher more fwd of the ball... but couldn't have both on hb due to size and as you say lack of defending!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Daniel, Draper (2), Armstrong (ADE4)

…is much, much better than…

Houston, Draper/FOS/Langford + our 2nd rounder.

I like both scenarios to be honest... both considerably better than what we are currently putting out there

Although I'd prob drop the early mid and get Armstrong and berry

Doesn't matter where they play, we're playing basically 4 small guys who can't exert pressure. 3, assuming Kerch gets better at it.

Daniel is better than Fisher, and McKercher will be a star. But do we drop Fisher and Stephens with 3 years on each contract?

Who are your 4 small guys? Stephens is over 6ft and has 10cms on Fisher... Kerch just less than 5ft

Daniel on the cheap is good business. Elite short kicker and great decision maker who would be be able to provide leadership and guidance to our youngsters as I believe he is an elite trainer and he's been involved in very successful programs.
100% would be a great pickup. Can reliably hit the kick that opens up our transition play.

Also runs all day to provide outlets.

We're not in a position to be rejecting opportunities for players like Daniel

If we can get him at a reasonable price then do it
The scoffing at other teams b-graders around here is unreal.

A friendly reminder that Laz, Drury and Cooper are still on the books.

The question we should be asking ourselves is: is Daniel a better player than Drury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not so much that he's cooked or over the hill, but Daniel's physical limitations make it really difficult for me to want him in North colours.

His ball use is first class, always has been, but he's completely incapable of physically imposing himself on a game. You can afford to carry these types of players in certain circumstances, but we already have too many players that can't stick tackles and can't compete strongly enough across four quarters.

Unless our 22 next season is significantly different to previous years, I don't see how we can afford to insert Daniel into the lineup.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Also a pretty clear indication that we don't think Fisher is up to it. Hope he can make it as a forward now because there's still another three years on that contract.

The scoffing at other teams b-graders around here is unreal.

A friendly reminder that Laz, Drury and Cooper are still on the books.

The question we should be asking ourselves is: is Daniel a better player than Drury?

Ignoring the need for list balance is one of the big reasons our list blows. So not sure what Drury, Harvey and Lazarro have to do with Caleb Daniel, who isn't going to leave the Dogs to play in the VFL for us.

Ignoring the need for list balance is one of the big reasons our list blows. So not sure what Drury, Harvey and Lazarro have to do with Caleb Daniel, who isn't going to leave the Dogs to play in the VFL for us.
Okay here's the list balance business proposition:
We aren't flush with excellent kickers with high footy IQ who can be utilised on the back flank.
Daniel helps fix that.
Drury has spent time being trialed in that role but, despite great work ethic, is yet to show there's much of a ceiling there.

State of play

Jack Darling
- Officially requested a trade to North, offered a 2 year deal with games triggers for a 3rd year.

Luke Parker - Been consistently linked to North, still a lot to play out considering Sydney are in the Grand Final this weekend. Twomey confident he gets to North.

Dan Houston - Linked to North, we've made an offer, yet to officially pick a club. Realistically, it's between us and Carlton if he choses to move from

Caleb Daniel - Contracted but might be looking elsewhere despite having 2 years to run on his contract. Been linked to North.

Matt Owies - Hasn't been offered a contract yet from Carlton despite being their most consistent small forward. Has question marks on his defensive application but with a lack of small forward depth, he fills a need. Not linked at this stage.

Jacob Konstanty - Hasn't been offered a contract from Sydney. Hasn't played a game yet in two years but has shown glimpses at VFL level as a small forward. Fills a need and could potentially be an option as a delisted free agent.

Matt Kennedy - Been told to look elsewhere, had a pretty good year but wants midfield time. Capable player in the right age bracket. Probably only an option if Parker decides not to come to North.

Seb Ross - Delisted by the Saints, has leadership in spades and is as tough as they come. In the event that Parker doesn't come in he could be a cheaper alternative to set standards around the club.

Brandan Parfitt - Delisted by Geelong, but at 26 he has plenty of good footy ahead of him. Premiership player who comes from one of the best run clubs in the game. Once again, a capable player in the right age bracket. Potentially, a really good depth option.

Wade Derksen - Hasn't officially been linked to North, but a young KP player would make a lot of sense for our list balance and development. Linked to Melbourne but hasn't officially nominated at this stage.

Peter Ladhams
- Looking likely to leave Sydney for more opportunities, with Hamish Free leaving and CCJ returning from injury we might looks for some mature age ruck depth, so Ladhams could be a realistic mature option.

Players who have nominated elsewhere after previous being linked: Macrae & Rosas Jnr.

State of play

Jack Darling
- Officially requested a trade to North, offered a 2 year deal with games triggers for a 3rd year.

Luke Parker - Been consistently linked to North, still a lot to play out considering Sydney are in the Grand Final this weekend. Twomey confident he gets to North.

Dan Houston - Linked to North, we've made an offer, yet to officially pick a club. Realistically, it's between us and Carlton if he choses to move from

Caleb Daniel - Contracted but might be looking elsewhere despite having 2 years to run on his contract. Been linked to North.

Matt Owies - Hasn't been offered a contract yet from Carlton despite being their most consistent small forward. Has question marks on his defensive application but with a lack of small forward depth, he fills a need. Not linked at this stage.

Jacob Konstanty - Hasn't been offered a contract from Sydney. Hasn't played a game yet in two years but has shown glimpses at VFL level as a small forward. Fills a need and could potentially be an option as a delisted free agent.

Matt Kennedy - Been told to look elsewhere, had a pretty good year but wants midfield time. Capable player in the right age bracket. Probably only an option if Parker decides not to come to North.

Seb Ross - Delisted by the Saints, has leadership in spades and is as tough as they come. In the event that Parker doesn't come in he could be a cheaper alternative to set standards around the club.

Brandan Parfitt - Delisted by Geelong, but at 26 he has plenty of good footy ahead of him. Premiership player who comes from one of the best run clubs in the game. Once again, a capable player in the right age bracket. Potentially, a really good depth option.

Wade Derksen - Hasn't officially been linked to North, but a young KP player would make a lot of sense for our list balance and development. Linked to Melbourne but hasn't officially nominated at this stage.

Peter Ladhams - Looking likely to leave Sydney for more opportunities, with Hamish Free leaving and CCJ returning from injury we might looks for some mature age ruck depth, so Ladhams could be a realistic mature option.

Players who have nominated elsewhere after previous being linked: Macrae & Rosas Jnr.
Derksen nominated Melbourne yesterday.

Then this is horrendous list management and makes you wonder if Daniel will be another swing and miss.

Not at all, still see plenty of upside in Stephens. Fisher played at hb when only his 2nd yr, do you keep going or shift him fwd.. he may benefit from having another elite kick alongside him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back