List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

And we thank them for those items that they sent us, ha ha ha ha
Pick 19, pick 20, the rookie spots too
And now the time for rebuilding is over
First we take Dan Houston, then we take Tauru
I'd really like to play beside you, Darling
I love your body and your leap and your vax dose
But you see that line of shitmen moving past the weight room?
They told me, told me, told me you were one of those

Last edited:

Ok so from the pool of players we are linked to this year, the quality is obviously getting better.

We now need to be more selective with who we decide to bring in. They must be able to play a role, not just for now but in the long term.

The likes of Houston, Parker, Daniel should be our absolute base. Any one else we need to pass on as they will end up clogging our list when we improve.

It’s a nice problem to have, but we need to play a steady hand. No more long term contracts for opposition players like Fisher, CCJ or Stephens.

Doesn't matter where they play, we're playing basically 4 small guys who can't exert pressure. 3, assuming Kerch gets better at it.

Daniel is better than Fisher, and McKercher will be a star. But do we drop Fisher and Stephens with 3 years on each contract?
Colby is actually quite good at harnessing, chasing, tackling and going when it’s his turn.

I don’t know if it’s because he seems slight, quick and small, but he is a decent defensive player. He is in a different league to Fisher and Stephens.

The State of play is simple

Darling to north pick 64
Parker likely to north (pick 40)
Houston a maybe to north (would involve our future first) but would expect something else coming back our way eg Lord
Daniel a maybe (likely a cheaper backup for houston)
Konstanty, Garcia or Owies for peanuts

Last edited:
Bevo us off his rocker.
No way Daniel is kicking Dale or others out of a spot.
He'd be doing wonders for us though
He got pushed out of our backline because Dale took over as the "designated" kicker type role and obviously his height is a massive limitation if not in said role which he was AA in,

Think he can do wonders for you guys especially after watching the R23 game need some genuine polish back there to help not hinder your ball movement,

Despite his contract status will only cost either your pick 40 this year or F3 as he genuinely has fallen out of our side and for that it would be a no brainer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got pushed out of our backline because Dale took over as the "designated" kicker type role and obviously his height is a massive limitation if not in said role which he was AA in,

Think he can do wonders for you guys especially after watching the R23 game need some genuine polish back there to help not hinder your ball movement,

Despite his contract status will only cost either your pick 40 this year or F3 as he genuinely has fallen out of our side and for that it would be a no brainer
Agree. If we don't land Houston, he's a very solid plan b.
Makes little sense to go for both tho. Daniel would just end up in the same position he's in with Dale.

We're not in a position to be rejecting opportunities for players like Daniel

If we can get him at a reasonable price then do it

There's only so many list positions. Can't have everyone.

Like others have said, Daniel has similar weaknesses to several players on our list. This is what makes a list become unbalanced.

The list is alot better than it was but Jy could well be back in the top five in a good side. LMac has a lot of work to do this pre season but if he actually does it he could play for a few more years.

The list might be better but these guys have gone backwards, significantly since their Syd years.

You're holding on to hope. I'd say it's more likely LMac gets relegated to the VFL and Simpkin gets medically retired than seeing either of them back in Syd winning contention.

Daniel is a good short kick but his size you cannot have down back. The oppo just drag him to the goal square.
Then it's like Mugsy Bogues trying to guard Dikembe Mutombo. Colby has a similar issue but competes better in the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back