List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Right what about this

North get 6 + Houston
Gold Coast get pick 2+ Rioli
Port get luko
Tigers get pick 12

GC do well I reckon. Lukosiuos isn't worth pick 2 let alone pick 2 and Rioli. Might be worth Rioli. Rioli for 12 ... overs maybe.

WE do okay. That's about right I reckon - pick 2 for pick 6 and Houston.

Luk for Houston ... well who gives a shit. Poorta can GAGF.

Logue and Corr dropped their performances? Im not sure fisher dropped his performances either.
He also thinks that we only need one small forward and that it’s Curtis and that everyone else needs to harden up.

I’ve got dial up internet that’s calling for it’s 1990s game plan back

Going to the draft and sorting out our glaring list holes (small forwards and KPF), must be the main priority. We have Parker and Darling coming in cheap, to replace Shiels and Greenwood as the elder statesmen. That should be the extent of our trading, because we've proven so consistently awful at it over the years.

You build your core through the draft, which still needs work. In our 23 and under group I have 8 who will make it Comben, Powell, Curtis, Archer, Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher and Duursma. Then there's another group that have shown something at the level, but the jury is still out Phillips, Ford, Goater, Bergman, Hardeman and W.Dawson.
There's George, Maley, Payne and Goad who we haven't seen yet, the rest (RHJ, Lazzaro, Harvey and Drury) are unlikely to make it.
We still need another 6 picks inside 40 over the next 2 drafts, to fill the holes and build the depth to make this a contending core.

We then have Larkey, Logue, Simpkin, Zurhaar, LDU, Xerri and Scott as the older heads once the main core matures.
Cycle out Corr, McDonald, CCJ, Pink, Teakle, Tucker, Fisher, Stephenson and Stephens over the next 1-3 years.

We need to stay away from Houston, because he simply costs too much at this stage our development.
And no more unproven bargains who probably won't make it like Konstanty.
Go all in on Balta as a free-agent next year, and look at trading picks for positional upgrades from 2026.

Let's build a dynasty!
We can't go for the icing before the cake has finished baking.

The way the game is going, we need like 4 on the list.

Top 10 small & med fwds by pressure acts. A comparison between GWS, Geelong and North.

View attachment 2123929
Difference is Miers, Daniels, Mannagh, Close, Jones, Stengle are all weapons with the ball.

Recruiting a bloke who doesn’t show that but is a great defensive mid seems like a waste.

As proven above it’s possible to do both and if Konstanty is defence first as is Payne, let’s take a punt on blokes that could hurt both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference is Miers, Daniels, Mannagh, Close, Jones, Stengle are all weapons with the ball.

Recruiting a bloke who doesn’t show that but is a great defensive mid seems like a waste.

As proven above it’s possible to do both and if Konstanty is defence first as is Payne, let’s take a punt on blokes that could hurt both ways.
Wasn’t Jordy nailing noggins to studs 6 months ago? Lets see how he goes after a full pre season

Agree, I like him. We still need 1-2 more best 23 small forwards plus another developing in the 2s.
You’d hope we draft one in the first two rounds, pick up River Steven’s as a father son and then trade one in.

Then we have RHJ Payne plus potentially Konstanty, Berry, Stevens.

Is five a lot to have on the list or just enough?

GC get 2 for Lukosius in that one. They should take it and run.
I think if anyone had to add anything to that trade is gc.
Probably a bit to both Richmond and porta
Not a bad stab though

Yeah, I shouldn't bigfooty after beers. Think I was posting at 30% brain power there.

You’d hope we draft one in the first two rounds, pick up River Steven’s as a father son and then trade one in.

River wont make it. Spec pick at best. Other than Archer and on occasions Scott our father sons have been trash. The two that are any good are playing at other clubs and river will be another one who wont be any good. Hope he does become a solid performer but I wouldn’t hold ya breath

Probably depends on how many we plan on including in our best 23.

If we regularly play at least 2 in the seniors, five on the list wouldn't be overkill, imo.

Last year there were many games we didn't even play one.

River wont make it. Spec pick at best. Other than Archer and on occasions Scott our father sons have been trash. The two that are any good are playing at other clubs and river will be another one who wont be any good. Hope he does become a solid performer but I wouldn’t hold ya breath
That’s the spirit

im stating to think that caleb, parker and darling will do fine. All solid, proven guys who will play in the 1s immediately.

Stick to the draft for the rest.

IF carlton and collingwood are in on houston, let them. We cant compete with what they would offer (immediate, likey chance for finals in 2025) Houston would only pick us for $$$$

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back