List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Baker deal runs late in the piece, Id love to get involved in that as use it as a way to split pick 2.
doubt it will
once barrass gets done for pick 13 they will on trade that for baker with maybe some extra sweetner

if we want to split pick 2 we need to do it straight away with gc before they make any trades

or wait till the end to do it with the tigers

I’ll be very surprised if we get anything half decent out of him on field next year.
Wait a minute, are you saying that historically poor performing club bringing in a washed up 32 year old (from another historically poor performing club) will yield very little in the way of onfield results?

I can’t accept that….

doubt it will
once barrass gets done for pick 13 they will on trade that for baker with maybe some extra sweetner

if we want to split pick 2 we need to do it straight away with gc before they make any trades

or wait till the end to do it with the tigers

Which is what im suggesting here.

I think the Baker deal runs late in the piece. WCE fans will explode if they give up more for Baker than what they get for Barrass.

Richmond will likely have 5 picks inside 20 anyway.

I find the whole setting standards thing a bit confusing. Wouldn’t Shiels & Greenwood given us enough of an insight into how best to prepare? Corr, Tucker and Logue come from successful clubs, why aren’t they setting standards?

We have a fair few players in that 23+ category (McDonald, Simpkin, LDU, Larkey, Zurhaar ect) surely they have a good enough idea now of what it takes to get the best out of themselves (excluding McDonald, because we know he is useless).
Also implies that the coaches are incapable of during their jobs. Can't set standards, can't organise a forward line. It's as though the players are so thick that they can't understand what the coaches are telling them, so we need to pay a bloke $800K to provide a demonstration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I was talking with my old man as we watched the Grand Final, and he made an interesting point.

There's a lot of mythologising over our ten year rule heist, and that whole 70s glory days run in general.

But his take is that Luke Parker and Barry Davis were very similar players in terms of how they were regarded and their careers.

We were also told that Doug Wade was cooked and over the hill too.

I find the whole setting standards thing a bit confusing. Wouldn’t Shiels & Greenwood given us enough of an insight into how best to prepare? Corr, Tucker and Logue come from successful clubs, why aren’t they setting standards?

They aren't out there any more, and the coaches can't actually do the drills.

You need players actively part of the group and the drills driving standards.

pick 13 for baker? Seems like it’ll happen but holy overpay Batman
Ends up being a high teens pick with FS and Academy coming in.
I reckon he's pretty underrated by non Richmond fans but he's rating elite in 2/7 stats this year and above average in the rest.
Would walk straight into our best 22.

We have 17 more days of this.

It's going to be painful but hopefully the pain ends on the 16th and it's not for years after also.

True but at least then we have another 7 weeks for the draft so silver linings...

This thread

Article
Outrage post 1
Outrage post 2
Outrage post 3
Outrage post 4
New article update
Outrage post 1
Outrage post 2
Outrageous comment
Outrage over outrageous comment
Go back to top repeat
Hence the pinned meme post.

So I was talking with my old man as we watched the Grand Final, and he made an interesting point.

There's a lot of mythologising over our ten year rule heist, and that whole 70s glory days run in general.

But his take is that Luke Parker and Barry Davis were very similar players in terms of how they were regarded and their careers.

We were also told that Doug Wade was cooked and over the hill too.
Davis was the physical standard setter(it was a condition on which he joined)which is precisely what North need now. If Parker (or anyone) can provide this North should grab them.
Davis probably could have gone another year. Rantall played a few more seasons but Wade was finished in 1975. It paid off big time for North.

They aren't out there any more, and the coaches can't actually do the drills.

You need players actively part of the group and the drills driving standards.

Such a cop out imo.

Sheils was there for 2 years, and Greenwood for 3. If the players I mentioned above don't know how to set training standards by now, then we may as well trade the lot of them.

Davis was the physical standard setter(it was a condition on which he joined)which is precisely what North need now. If Parker (or anyone) can provide this North should grab them.
Davis probably could have gone another year. Rantall played a few more seasons but Wade was finished in 1975. It paid off big time for North.
Good analysis.

Also implies that the coaches are incapable of during their jobs. Can't set standards, can't organise a forward line. It's as though the players are so thick that they can't understand what the coaches are telling them, so we need to pay a bloke $800K to provide a demonstration.
My brother in Christ the coaches aren't out there with the players when it matters.

Alastair isn't doing line drills with all the other players at training when their legs feel like concrete and their lungs are burning. Parker is and he's going to make you look weak unless you push further.

Barlow isn't out on the field when there's 5 minutes left with the game on the line and the kids think they don't have anything left to give. Parker is.

There's a lot of things that if said by a coach just wont land. I spent several years in the military and got a thousand shitty pep talks from senior officers. When you're in the thick of the shit and everything hurts and you don't want to keep going, it's not the pep talk that keeps you going. It's the blokes next to you who are in the exact same position, who are feeling the same shit, they're the people that push you to keep going.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back