List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

A no brainer.

A young, talented but inconsistent mid who can’t lock down a spot in the mids…

…for an older, proven AA gun who is in a position of need.

Powell would allow Rozee to be a permanent HF/mid which would be a big win for Port.
Port wouldn't do that

A no brainer.

A young, talented but inconsistent mid who can’t lock down a spot in the mids…

…for an older, proven AA gun who is in a position of need.

Powell would allow Rozee to be a permanent HF/mid which would be a big win for Port.
Yeah but ... **** Port!

Who cares about getting them a win. They're desperate to get into the first round of this draft. A late first rounder - 12 onward - should be more than enough (or else troll the **** out of them and give them nothing.)

If WC get Bolton, Baker and Graham, it wouldn't surprise me if they are top 8 next year.

B: Hough, McGovern, Cole
HB: Duggan, Edwards, Baker
C: Maric, Kelly, Chesser
HF: Bolton, Allen, Reid
F: Ryan, Waterman, Cripps
Foll: Flynn, Yeo, Ginbey
Int: Hewett, Long, Graham, Pick 3,

Not much depth, but best 23 is pretty competitive.
Don't they know rebuilds are supposed to be 4-6 years on the bottom of the ladder?

If WC get Bolton, Baker and Graham, it wouldn't surprise me if they are top 8 next year.

B: Hough, McGovern, Cole
HB: Duggan, Edwards, Baker
C: Maric, Kelly, Chesser
HF: Bolton, Allen, Reid
F: Ryan, Waterman, Cripps
Foll: Flynn, Yeo, Ginbey
Int: Hewett, Long, Graham, Pick 3,

Not much depth, but best 23 is pretty competitive.
So what do they give up for those three as I see you have them keeping pick 3?

at this stage I'm happy with Parker, Darling and Daniel for pick 40,64 and a future 3rd

then go after a cheap small forward

and consider splitting pick 2
I would be happy with that outcome too, if we can add at least two of Tauru, Berry, Hannaford, Armstrong and Shanahan.

I find the whole setting standards thing a bit confusing. Wouldn’t Shiels & Greenwood given us enough of an insight into how best to prepare? Corr, Tucker and Logue come from successful clubs, why aren’t they setting standards?

We have a fair few players in that 23+ category (McDonald, Simpkin, LDU, Larkey, Zurhaar ect) surely they have a good enough idea now of what it takes to get the best out of themselves (excluding McDonald, because we know he is useless).
Call me old fashioned, but I'd always assumed that it was the coaches' job to set standards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a phone call with a friend who is the definition of Inner Scrotum™. None of this is 1st hand, take it to the bank type info, but just passing along anyway;
  • Luke Parker: club is confident it's happening
  • Jack Darling: done deal
  • Dan Houston: club is a lot more involved than people may realise. Apparently we're trying to facilitate a three-team deal that would involve pick 2. They think Freo would be the 3rd club but didn't have concrete info.
Don't shoot the messenger if you love/hate this info. I'm just the middle man here.

We have no experience, no leadership, and no one to mentor all our young players who keep getting beat up.

How do you fix it? Easy, get ppl in who have those qualities. One in each zone. 1, 2, 3.

Beautiful in its simplicity.

So I was talking with my old man as we watched the Grand Final, and he made an interesting point.

There's a lot of mythologising over our ten year rule heist, and that whole 70s glory days run in general.

But his take is that Luke Parker and Barry Davis were very similar players in terms of how they were regarded and their careers.

We were also told that Doug Wade was cooked and over the hill too.
My recollection is very different. Davis was captain of Essendon and B&F winner in 1971, and was still near the peak of his game. Wade kicked 73 goals during his first season with us.

at this stage I'm happy with Parker, Darling and Daniel for pick 40,64 and a future 3rd

we gotta remember we have NFI what we need from a personal stand point. They might see all our players and think "shit none of them are leaders" hence why Houston is a must potentially in their eyes... and maybe from a bunch of intangible aspects he is the correct call but everyone on this board wouldn't see that. Parker the same I'd assume...

But I absolutely get the anxiety for a future 1st for him... it could be 2, 1 or it could be 10 God bless. But could also mean goater et al don't come on when they otherwise might with Houston showing them standards... hindsight will tell either way I guess

Got an example of a 'cheap small forward' that is on the market somewhere? They're hard to find!
Jay Dahlhaus could be one. His second half in the VFL GF showed all the attributes of a small forward, pace, opportunism, tackling, positioning etc . Whether it translates to the AFL who knows? But maybe worth a rookie spot

Just had a phone call with a friend who is the definition of Inner Scrotum™. None of this is 1st hand, take it to the bank type info, but just passing along anyway;
  • Luke Parker: club is confident it's happening
  • Jack Darling: done deal
  • Dan Houston: club is a lot more involved than people may realise. Apparently we're trying to facilitate a three-team deal that would involve pick 2. They think Freo would be the 3rd club but didn't have concrete info.
Don't shoot the messenger if you love/hate this info. I'm just the middle man here.

This friend almost certainly used to work at the club right, but doesn't anymore.

Coz the definition of Inner Scrotum is actually being at the club, in a hugely senior position.

Houston notwithstanding, let's not forget the extremely funny Ivan Soldo situation where he moved to Port for greater opportunity, but his partner, a supposedly famous Instagram influencer, hated it so much she made public comments about how she hated it, moved to Dubai to get away from South Australia, then moved back to support Soldo but got so sick of SA again that he is now requesting a trade to Victoria. Oh and Jordon Sweet had his spot as well for some reason.
She’s smoking though, so

Got an example of a 'cheap small forward' that is on the market somewhere? They're hard to find!

Yep - the very clear trend these days is you spend significant draft capital on them.

Konstanty would be the only one we could possibly get cheap.

Maybe some extra sweetner if we want to split pick 2

We should all be in agreement to Split pick 2

Split 2 for 6 and 10/12 after tigers do their deals The latter pick goes for Houston

Correct Splitting pick 2 for him is the way to go

The way to get Houston is to split pick 2

I get the impression you reckon we should split pick 2?

I could be mistaken however??

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back