List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Who wrote this article? If they aren’t willing to play Daniel and he’s on very good coin why would we have to use a 2nd rounder on him?

This is a curious one for me too. It should be a third or so.

They are losing two mids I think so possibly see him in their plans moving forward which may lead to him staying there.

But yes - interesting to watch this one.

If Carlton comes to the table with a suitable trade then they will get Houston.
They’re offering $1.1 a year.
We’re offering $1.5

FYI money isn’t a deal breaker here.

Houston was a lifelong Carlton supporter growing up and they’re contending in finals.
If they get a deal together that works for Port then we are outsiders.

@ 7:20 they discuss Darling and their belief that he was playing a "sacrificial role" at WCE for their young forwards, and that he still has the drive to make a big impact.

@ 9:00 they talk about bringing F1 in to play this year. They're confident there's depth in next years draft as well, so whilst they would be happy to bring F1 in to this year, they would only do that if there's a good deal on the table.

@ 10:00 They discuss that we want to go back to the play style at the start of the year, but have a different defensive plan in mind to mitigate the issues we had on the turnover. The style at the start of the year is more likely to stand up in September.

@14:15 They discuss targeting small forwards, "we have guys that can play that role" - in RHJ and Payne. Expect to target someone with pick 22. They "have some options". They acknowledge other clubs having multiple small forwards to good affect.

@ 15:30 Back to key forwards. They have the young guys they want to develop for the role, but they identify the need to have someone play the role for the next few years whilst they develop, so the 18-19 yo KPFs dont get setup to fail (darling)

@16:20 They outline they'll try and move Colby in to that Mid / FWD role like Sheez next year, and will target someone to fill that half back ball use.

@17:20 On Tassie's entry, not too concerned. May bring some picks forward but believe they're in a good spot having recruited young talent over previous years

@22:00 They state they want to hit the draft hard this year whilst also bringing in some experience, and they expect that crop of talent from the past 5 years of draft will be what drives the future success. Salary cap is healthy to target experienced players after that for a finals tilt

We’re offering $1.5

Houston was a lifelong Carlton supporter growing up and they’re contending in finals.
Good

Get Caleb Daniel cheap

Then screw Carlton’s plans and get SDK

If anything, it sounds like Brady and Will see a key forward as a greater priority than a small forward.

Thursfield suggesting we can pick up a good small forward with either pick 22 or 40.
And that we have a few on the list…RHJ, PC ..the kid from Tassy we picked up in msd who’s name eludes me at the moment.

Brady suggests we're going to be hitting the pointy end of the draft again this year. Whether that is pick 2, or splitting for two first rounders, I dunno.

But it sounds to me like they've decided F1 is what they're prepared to use on Houston.
Yep that’s my take alway from that as Brady was quiet excited mentioning pointy end a couple of times…..and will backing that notion of the top teams have waves of talent coming through together..
Also sounded like they were comfortable…here’s the F1 but we’re not rushing to give it away with the talent in next years draft….a take it or bugger off comment maybe…

Other draft …we look at if they are competitive, footy smarts, resilient, good club person…….
I get it it’s pr stuff….but just get us someone who’s white line fever like George …not fluffy good bloke please.

Mentioned they were looking at 4 mature age players this year….
Re JD we had Brady as an inside scoop, we spoke to Simmo …we have networks of people we talk to before making decisions.

The fabled war chest was mentioned eg good financials with the prospect of bringing in more experience next year as well. Eg..we’ve brought in talent over the last 4 yrs, sounds like adding to it this year then go experience.

Not fazed by tassy entering the draft in a few years time….

Game plan from first half of year is what they are looking out ( yikes) and then realised that they had to learn to defend hence the change in second half of the year….

Key word…developing….the team is developing the coaches in their second year are developing…( we don’t like the word rebuild) A line to supporters to stay the course…they have a plan…
Again l get it…but it’s becoming very hard to stay the course for most supporters.

After watching it, it was a diplomatic video…with what l thought was a lot of padding ….did it fill me with excitement…not really.
guess we will see what unfolds next with trading and draft.

Others can correct me if l stuffed up anywhere ……just my two cents.
Cheers

We’re offering $1.5

1.5 a year. What will LDU be asking 2, 2.5?

Last edited:
We’re offering $1.5

Wtf

Carlton board rumour is Papley is going there. Might explain some things with Houston.
Something not quite adding up with all these Carlton “rumours”, they are struggling with cap space, to the point they’ve told Matt Kennedy to look elsewhere and may not offer Owies a contract, and are “rumoured” to be getting Houston, SDK and now Papley? That’s a lot of brown paper bags even for a corrupt club like the Blues.

We’re offering $1.5

Geez that’s shrewd trading by Shnoz ….$1.50
Cripes he does read big footy…. Half a packet of twisties or get stuffed. 😂😂
I’ll see myself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph on On The Couch says that Luke Parker has informed Sydney he wants to move to North Melbourne.

I would be all in on Oliver. Contested ball and clearance is what typically wins premierships. What he would do for LDU, Wardlaw and Powell would be game changing. It would free Harry and Coby to cause damage on the outside.

You harsh bugger….and no mention of comparing food items …
It’s going to be a long trade season…
But geez we love it …hypotheticals, IDKS, arguments….
Feels like home. 👏🍺
20 pages and no Bahn Mi fillings?

Sack Brady

One of Houston or Daniel
Maybe. I don't know how that works in practice. I suspect by this stage we have to be "all in" on our serious trade targets. Dunno if we can just string along Daniel on empty promises until if and when Houston agrees. Especially since CD won't require serious draft capital to complete.

I've always liked a good 3 way
schwing GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back