List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Port can go after Caleb Daniel

For that money, you want Top 3 player in the competition.

He’s nowhere near that.

Not even Top 30.

The money is irrelevant in my opinion, it's the draft cost that's important. We could pay him $3mil of it next year and still be under the cap.

I'm sick of paying 92% and losing, let's get some good players in.

He’s less important than Butters, JHF, Wines, Bergman (he’s an absolute gun) and Drew (takes opponents to the cleaners weekly).

He’s a very good player no doubt.

He’s not close to being worth that amount of money and/or what Port will be asking for in a trade.
Bergman is not a gun. Look at how Port fans talk about him. I've seen some happy to trade him.

He's not a great kick but he's a good defender and he was the only one who turned up in their loss to Geelong
His kicking isn't just not great. It's shocking. OP was calling him a "genuine gun" when in reality he is just an ok player that is nowhere near Houston's caliber.

The money is irrelevant in my opinion, it's the draft cost that's important. We could pay him $3mil of it next year and still be under the cap.

I'm sick of paying 92% and losing, let's get some good players in.
this^^ , people get caught up about payments and providing its not wasted on list clogging spuds like CCJ and we leave enough room to remunerate our a graders such as sheezel and LDU whats the issue.

draft collateral is a completely different issue, fwiw i dont even think essendon getting magoo on top dollar was such a bad thing for them, cost em zero in draft collateral and in a couple of years no one will care what the initial wages were. but the future 2nd we traded for CCj was crap, turned into pick 20ish, fwiw brisbane got Lohman for pick 20.

With Richmond losing every worthwile player on their list, I’d throw an offer Jayden Short’s way.

Less draft capital and wages required to lure him. 28, triple premiership player.

His kicking isn't just not great. It's shocking. OP was calling him a "genuine gun" when in reality he is just an ok player that is nowhere near Houston's caliber.
He plays a different role to Houston, to be fair. I don't watch their games enough to know whether I agree with the kicking assessment, though I know his kicking is flawed. I'd take him in LMac's spot every day at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah.

Every club got caught napping on their academy players. We all knew about them but they got late bids.

They had a player banned for a year for ordering an energy drink.

Got media harassed into trading Jack Steven cheap.

They're on the shit list with us.
Possibly, but that speech just struck me as typical B & F night rah rah with a significant helping of deflection from the fact they went backwards this season.

Something not quite adding up with all these Carlton “rumours”, they are struggling with cap space, to the point they’ve told Matt Kennedy to look elsewhere and may not offer Owies a contract, and are “rumoured” to be getting Houston, SDK and now Papley? That’s a lot of brown paper bags even for a corrupt club like the Blues.
I think they're clearly in dice rolling mode. They think (rightly or wrongly) that they're a chance now and if that means they torch decent performing players to try and lure the golden goose which leaves a salary cap issue in 18-24 months so be it. Can't say they're wrong (except insofar as I personally don't think they have the talent on the list - it's worth the gamble if they think otherwise because the clock is ticking on their core).

Just on the salary debate - when I read that Caleb Daniel is allegedly getting 700K a year I realised I have lost all perspective on what is reasonable.

So going to the club you barracked for as a kid is a thing... unless it's North Melbourne?

Good to see Collingwood's fluid cap on show.
Hard to go or North when you're stuck at the bottom of the ladder and kids come home crying from games due to shit performances.

Just on the salary debate - when I read that Caleb Daniel is allegedly getting 700K a year I realised I have lost all perspective on what is reasonable.
If it helps Tom Hawkins was on $45k per season since 2011 because he wanted to make a sacrifice to keep the group together

I read one article saying that he is contracted on that for next year and how it leaves GoDogs with the upper hand - I thought the opposite. Not convinced he is worth that on an open market, certainly not with a trade involved as well. If anything it devalues him.

and has the plums to state it.
Because St Kilda are a protected species with friends at the right end of town. If we were in as big a hole as they've been for the last 2 decades they'd still be actively campaigning for head office to shut us down.

Because St Kilda are a protected species with friends at the right end of town. If we were in as big a hole as they've been for the last 2 decades they'd still be actively campaigning for head office to shut us down.
Yep.

Gilligan was happy to look the other way…

You can live off 45k per year when you own three Cotton On franchises...
And are on as a director in Frank Costa’s property development company…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back