List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently he’s suffered from injury issues this year resulting in him not being fit enough to play in their side for finals. Not sure it’s a question on his quality.

Fair enough. Can't say I've watched him especially closely but his 1v1 and intercept marking numbers have been awful the last two seasons. Were ok in 2022 when he finished ninth in their B&F.

Is he going to use his mind control leadership skills to win the ball?

LDU is already one of the best contested ball winners in the competition, is turning 26 next season, he doesn't need Parker there to babysit him.

Sheezel is statistically one of the best young players in history, I think he knows how to play the game.

Yes George can learn some things from Luke, when he's in there a couple of times a game and the hundreds of hours he spends with him outside of matchday.

Parkers not going to be in the side when we are contending and parking players on the bench or McKercher on a bank flank is not going to help this side, in fact it it be to it's detriment.

Craig Bellamy said it best a few weeks ago when I heard him talk about Dustin Martin "Leadership is very simple, it's being a good player and a better player than your team mates. Cam Smith was a great leader because he was a great trainer with high standards, he barely spoke when he was on the field. His leadership was 99% Monday to Thursday." It was an answer regarding his opinion on recruiting the equivalent of Dustin Martin in the NRL.

Parker can play the Shiels role imo.
Strong points but I disagree. Just watch the mic'd up clips for Parker and Simpkin and you'll see the stark contrast. Parker is directing traffic, constantly vocal and respected. A season of Parker in the guts will hopefully help LDU/Simpkin find their voice and actually direct the crew effectively. It will also help Sheezel but probably more important for the former two who would have never seen anything like it in their careers. Everyone talks about how LDU doesn't have leadership ambitions - he's never been given the chance to understand what that looks like from someone who can do it.

Someone needs to remind them that all the people expecting to nominate North are outside of their own best 22s! Quit the gaslighting 🤣

Sell me that s*** when Finn Callaghan nominates North
I rate what you say here Psicosis and one of the reasons why I catch up here on what’s going on at our club, but please get a little more excited with what we’re building for success.

Strong points but I disagree. Just watch the mic'd up clips for Parker and Simpkin and you'll see the stark contrast. Parker is directing traffic, constantly vocal and respected. A season of Parker in the guts will hopefully help LDU/Simpkin find their voice and actually direct the crew effectively. It will also help Sheezel but probably more important for the former two who would have never seen anything like it in their careers. Everyone talks about how LDU doesn't have leadership ambitions - he's never been given the chance to understand what that looks like from someone who can do it.
Lolled when he told that hawthorn player that he had a hard head .... he's playing footy for fun this bloke. Obviously more enjoyable when you win a few - streets ahead of our 2 captains.

That was my point I guess. It’s up to you to make an offer, if not everyone walks away which I’m happy with.
pick 2 is way overs sure try it on but it’s pretty clear north won’t do that. Whilst yeah the guy is contracted usually when a trade is requested they end up going or you are stuck with a player who potentially doesn’t want to be there. In no world is pick 2 a reasonable price for a back flanker I’m not trying to sound harsh (although I can see how it may seem that way) I just think pick 2 should get an absolute match winning kpd or mid. I probably think a range of pick 10 sounds the high end of fair but that’s my opinion.

I’d be miffed if we threw pick 2 for him

pick 2 is way overs sure try it on but it’s pretty clear north won’t do that. Whilst yeah the guy is contracted usually when a trade is requested they end up going or you are stuck with a player who potentially doesn’t want to be there. In no world is pick 2 a reasonable price for a back flanker I’m not trying to sound harsh (although I can see how it may seem that way) I just think pick 2 should get an absolute match winning kpd or mid. I probably think a range of pick 10 sounds the high end of fair but that’s my opinion.

I’d be miffed if we threw pick 2 for him
Don’t worry the only way pick 2 is involved is if we split it

Wondering how good he could be in a gun side is purely hypothetical and therefore redundant really, in reality the top teams have better small forwards - Papley, Cameron, Green, Bolton, Miers, Elliott, Rankine, Bailey which he would be behind.
He plays small and tall. His crumbing work and front and square work is incredibly good. Come on wayno, you’re being a bit silly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice Dead Kennedys handle you got there.

North's list management crew did a Q&A last night where they made it clear that:
1) they were intending to hit the "pointy end" of this year's draft, and
2) they were prepared to use our F1 on "the right experienced player"
They also said they were open to using our F1 to get another pick in this draft.

So going to the club you barracked for as a kid is a thing... unless it's North Melbourne?

Good to see Collingwood's fluid cap on show.
I've heard Pendles is now paying the club instead of the other way around allowing the Perryman trade...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back