List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Bergman and Hardeman may turn out to be great players, or they may not.

What we do know is that Houston already is one.

He's probably the third best player in a team that went on to reach the preliminary finals.

He's the single most important cog in their rebound game, for which they were one of the better sides throughout 2024.

By comparison, we were among the very worst.

Personally I'm happy to let Viney and Rawlings worry about the salary cap. Its the least challenging part of our predicament.

Putting aside the cost debate for a moment, I struggle to understand how you or anyone else can think Houston wouldn't service an important need for us.
Half back flankers don't win you a grand final. Elite mids and key power forwards do.

Pick 2 must go to the best midfielder in this years and next year as well when despite winning 6-8 games will still have a top 4 draft pick.

Then you throw ridiculous money at a key established forward

This recruiting mosquito small forwards and so called half back flankers is fools gold

pick 2 is way overs sure try it on but it’s pretty clear north won’t do that. Whilst yeah the guy is contracted usually when a trade is requested they end up going or you are stuck with a player who potentially doesn’t want to be there. In no world is pick 2 a reasonable price for a back flanker I’m not trying to sound harsh (although I can see how it may seem that way) I just think pick 2 should get an absolute match winning kpd or mid. I probably think a range of pick 10 sounds the high end of fair but that’s my opinion.

I’d be miffed if we threw pick 2 for him
Entirely fair.

Half back flankers don't win you a grand final. Elite mids and key power forwards do.

Pick 2 must go to the best midfielder in this years and next year as well when despite winning 6-8 games will still have a top 4 draft pick.

This recruiting mosquito small forwards and so called half back flankers is fools gold
Clarkson won his flags from half back. Its silly to say they dont matter. Half backs create drive and run, touch of defensive craft, plus are meant to be brilliant users of the footy. I would suggest Zorko at half back was a massive factor in Brisbane winning a flag. Brilliant kick of a footy, gave drive and was good defensively (**** I hate saying that, feel dirty)

All great teams have great half backs. It’s imperative.

1727780992489.png

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

1.He was being highly touted as one of the best up and coming key defenders even at the mid way point of this year.
2. Geelong only have Connor O'Sullivan as an up-and-coming key defender. As a whole list they don't have stacks of developing talls.
3. De Koning is just touching the base of his potential. At 23 years old he has stacks of upside to come.

Alarm bells would be ringing if they decided to move him on. Geelong never let go of anyone decent.
Knee?

I know this is totally bonkers…and nuts…l think the grand final loss has really screwed some of them up ..
But if they want to do that…..this is why fans don’t run club trading .

Paul Roos is a moron.

72 hours hey? Just enough time for a change of heart or whatever they call it.

This campaigner is throwing so many darts out ones bound to land though.

Edit: just clicked through the link and realized this guy follows me on Twitter. Hope I’ve never had cross over between here and there 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkson won his flags from half back. Its silly to say they dont matter. Half backs create drive and run, touch of defensive craft, plus are meant to be brilliant users of the footy. I would suggest Zorko at half back was a massive factor in Brisbane winning a flag. Brilliant kick of a footy, gave drive and was good defensively (**** I hate saying that, feel dirty)

All great teams have great half backs. It’s imperative.
Chris johnson from the lions almost invented the modern attacking hbf.

72 hours hey? Just enough time for a change of heart or whatever they call it.

This campaigner is throwing so many darts out ones bound to land though.

Apparently he’s already agreed to sign. The contract is in front of him, on the table.

He’s just looking for a stool to reach it.

Last edited:
Luke has possibly the worst kicking action in the comp, we should have worked on it from day 1. If you think that is an exageration, watch his shoulders on slow mo and try copying it.
Afl Bush GIF by North Melbourne FC

Worst kicking action in the comp. I don't think so. Love your endeavour Darcy but it ain't pretty.

Last edited:
Anyone who watched Brisbane win last week and is still primarily hung up on small forwards as "the" solution to football in 2025 is kidding themselves. Outside of Daniher missing his own boot because the Earth's orbit moved by the time the football went from his hand to his foot the single biggest attribute Brisbane showed all day was an absolute master class in footskills. They torched the ladder leading team with a near on perfect display of weighted kicking and smart, aggressive decision making.

Footskills combined with the gut running to give players the opportunity to use them are where we will win finals.

And by the way I say that as a supporter that has been adamant for a while that we need at least 1-2 small forwards onto the list and arguably in the 23 on the day as well.
Finally someone gets it.

Small mosquito forwards are meh.

Elite midfielders who can kick accurately go forward to rest in the fwd line. Ie gutvrunning with the fitness to stay on the ground

You need two power forwards, one who can lead and mark and one who stand under a long ball in contest and bring it to ground when keading options are exhausted.

Not shit trucks like Sydney have in McDonald Amartey and the third bloke who kicked 25 goals during the season but did sfa when shit got real.

Brisbane's deep midfield and Dopey Joe Daniher and Hopwood won them that grand final.

The rest of the team just needs to be solid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back