List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

They were cooked and were not kicking 3 in a GF.

Parker 1 year removed from a 4th placing in a B&F.

Higgo is a better comparison, hence pick 40 sounds about right.
We'll see. I think 58 and a swap of future 4ths might be more the go than pick 40 for a 31 yr old.
If it's pick 40 then 55 would have to come back and swap of futures or something like that.

I'm sure we have been putting the feelers out for plenty of players, but I've been told we are keeping a close eye on opportunities for delisted free agents. Particularly:

Ben Paton & Olli Hotton from St.Kilda
Josh Fahey from GWS
Grainger-Barras from Hawthorn
Riley Garcia from WB

Obviously, we may not end up targeting any of them, but it will be interesting to see how we weigh up our final few list spots, as someone like Lazzaro has had far better VFL form than any of the above-mentioned players.

I'm sure we have been putting the feelers out for plenty of players, but I've been told we are keeping a close eye on opportunities for delisted free agents. Particularly:

Ben Paton & Olli Hotton from St.Kilda
Josh Fahey from GWS
Grainger-Barras from Hawthorn
Riley Garcia from WB

Obviously, we may not end up targeting any of them, but it will be interesting to see how we weigh up our final few list spots, as someone like Lazzaro has had far better VFL form than any of the above-mentioned players.
Garcia won't be delisted
has a 2 year offer from the dogs

and is weighing up offers from other clubs

Houston will be a blue, Carlton will cave eventually.

No point chasing someone who doesn't want to be here.

Happy to have driven up the price for others if we don’t land him. That’s always worthwhile. Let’s not pretend we have an interest in not looking desperate- that ship sailed a while ago. May as well make others hurt and squeeze their future cap/draft hands.

Also, Geelong establishing themselves as some sort of rehabilitation football side for all these established guns that have found themselves with drug / alcohol / behavioural problems is just about the craziest list management strategy I’ve ever heard.

You have to tip your hat to them, because it would blow up in any other teams face in about 5 minutes.
It still might. Worth remembering it only needs to go spectacularly wrong once. On a long enough timeline...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bad I'll give you that one ,

He still gives me Hrovat vibes

That's nine years

I'd have time ahead of Drury and Harvey

But you wouldn't be giving up anything prior to a fourth rounder

I'd be playing Hardeman
Hardeman in all likelihood - as with many of our younger players - isn't going from a token few games to 23+ in one season no matter how much he explodes next year. Nothing wrong with him building from a few games to a half a season or so at his age. I'll be wrapped obviously if he gets almost a full season. It's a lot of load if you want the team to actually start and finish the season well though.

i think we can split 2 into 6 and 12

i'd rather that then lose a future first for a pick around 10 this year
Depends who out of Crows/Dees/GC/Tigers/Saints/Bombres are keen to move up to pick 2.
Demons and Crows have shown they are prepared to trade up if they really want someone.

If not, it's probably putting the F1 on the table to get into the draft before pick 22 (24/25) as I'm not sure 22 and a F2/F3 is going to get much traction with other teams offering mid/late F1's for say GWS pick 14 or GC pick 12.

Can’t blame Houston for preferring the Blues - he’s in his prime years and I can understand him wanting to play finals vs 2-3 more years in a rebuild. Question will be is his move to VIC more important than short term on field success? If it is, then I have no doubt he’ll be a happy nmfc player. But cannot begrudge him thinking all things equal he’d prefer to play for the blues.

Carlton is not in the picture RE Houston.

We're making a big push for him.
Yes were making a big push.
But they are 100% the frontrunners.

To say they're not in the picture is wrong.

But in all seriouslyness, re: Houston:

We should put a time limit on our offer, if there is no answer we walk away

I reckon we'll give him another 13 days.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back