List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's happening The Nostradamus

Bailey Scott and Toby Pink straight swap should get the job done.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Yeah.

Duursma is great but like you I think we should have gone for Caddy. His kicking for goal needs work tho.
It will be intersting....personally think I've seen enough glimpses of Zane to suggest he has some rare talent that few others possess, but his physique dictates he will need a year or two to start seeing it consistently at an AFL level. I think we've been a little bit spoilt by the way Sheezel, Wardlaw, and McKercher have come in and impacted. Maybe a little unfair/impatient to expect all high end draft picks to do the same. Not sure how his tank is just yet, but I'd like to see Zane play some games on a wing toward the end of this season. He kind of reminds me of Taryn in the way he runs.

If the campaigner could kick he’d be good hey.

Coach: “we need to create more turnovers”

List manager: “oh, I know just the guy”.
*turns the tv on to the Bombers VFL game. “Check out number 5”

*after 25 minutes

Coach: “I think you misunderstood. When I said we needed more turnovers, I meant from the opposition”.

List manager: “oh”

All this talk about Caddy reminds me of the pearl-clutchers who bemoaned not taking Cox after a few good games.

I don't hear from the later group all that much.

Probably forgetting about the the likes of Jack Riewoldt and Nathan Buckley gushing over Zane as soon as they saw him also.

Let him continue with his mid/fwd development. That's the role we want him playing at AFL level.

We made the same mistake with Tarryn. We turned him into a low production forward pocket for 2-3 seasons. It never solved or helped his development imo.

Crows fans treat him like he's the embodiment of Satan, when they won against GWS 75% of the comments weren't even about the win just complaining that he was still playing
Well many have complained our squad is too "squeaky clean" and in need of a bit of mongrel. Step up Satan!! Seriously though I have no view or paid any attention to him, except to say its not like he's getting crowded out in a star team,,, to be fair maybe he'd be playing if not for Rankiine. Dunno....could be a clarko special role player freebie as a DFA, but wouldn't pay anything.

Zane will be ok . Just needs time & work on his craft & confidence in the VFL.
He will never be a 30+ possession player . We don’t need him to be. He was playing in the bottom of the ladder team with a crap game plan when he got dropped to the VFL . Would be interesting to see how he would go now with our new contested ball man on man game plan .
Although so far in his young career, tacking & pressuring inside forward 50 he has not shown being one of he’s strength so far.

There's currently 5 players in the league that average 30+ and one is a half back, so that's not exactly a stretch.

He absolutely will knock out the occasional 30+ disposal games during his AFL career.

He was a 25 disposal x multiples goals type mid/fwd at junior level whenever he played big mid minutes

Whenever he played big forward minutes he was a 2.5+ goal per game forward.

I think a 22-25 disposal per game mid/fwd that kicks 25+ a year is what he will become.

That might not seem like a massive accomplishment, but this is the current list of AFL players that meet that criteria.

Warner is a shoe in as an AA and is averaging 23 disposals and 1.6 goals a game, that's exactly the sort of stat line Zane will be putting out in 3-4 years imo.

1720656599680.png

He is a far better ball winner and accumulator than some of you think when he is up the ground and in the midfield. Of which he's done virtually none of at AFL level other than playing as a high half forward.

Having 25+ disposal games as a skinny 18 year old in the VFL is nothing to be sneezed at. How many did Tarryn or Cunners knock out by comparison?

Cunners debuted in Round 6 of his rookie season after a 15 disposal game for North Ballarat. He had 1 x 25+ disposal game at VFL level in those first 6 games.

Last edited:
You'd say Phillips future depends on who we land on picking in the draft.

Personally, I'd rather keep Phillips and not take another star-mid in FOS or Jagga. Having star mid after star mid will not work.

Having said that and completely backflipping, I do want FOS.
no chance phillips leaves now.
The tagging role is something we've been desperately needing.
Adds a different dynamic to the midfield and some ability to play to our strengths while negating opposition.
3 years on the table I reckon.

It's happening The Nostradamus

Bailey Scott and Toby Pink straight swap should get the job done.

I must be going mad, when was Tsatas ever an inside mid (or is he filling that role now in the VFL)?

With our age profile you'd have to take a look as a wing but not anywhere else.

Well many have complained our squad is too "squeaky clean" and in need of a bit of mongrel. Step up Satan!! Seriously though I have no view or paid any attention to him, except to say its not like he's getting crowded out in a star team,,, to be fair maybe he'd be playing if not for Rankiine. Dunno....could be a clarko special role player freebie as a DFA, but wouldn't pay anything.
He doesn't really have any mongrel, that's one of biggest reasons crows fans complain about him. The crows are a bit like Essendon and West Coast where they really focus on the background of the player they're recruiting and mostly only draft "nice kids" from "good families"

I've read some really dumb sh*t on these forums. This one just obliterated the previous world record.

This is the Usain Bolt of dumb sh*t
This was in response to a previous post of mine where I was lamenting two very questionable trade hypotheticals, it was not meant to be taken seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was visibly disappointed on draft night not to be coming to North with his mate George. I'm not a fan and don't see where he fits in.

There were definite question marks on his kicking.

But I was in the camp of some of those physical gifts overriding those issues, in the same way they have for the likes of Dangerfield, Shiel etc. I never had him close to GW, but I didn't think it was a horrible pick.

Some of the vision at VFL level is pretty horrific though.

Major red flag if Essendon are willing to shop him. They may deem his technique unfixable, particular with David Rath at Essendon who is a Bio-Mechanist who fixed Franklins goal kicking at Hawthorn and Clarko has attributed to helping his flag sides DE%'s skyrocket, also worked with Rugby Union kickers around the globe.

You'd say Phillips future depends on who we land on picking in the draft.

Personally, I'd rather keep Phillips and not take another star-mid in FOS or Jagga. Having star mid after star mid will not work.

Having said that and completely backflipping, I do want FOS.
Phillips' future will need to be decided before the draft, need to finalise list spots prior to the national draft.

Phillips future will need to be decided before the draft, need to finalise list spots prior to the national draft.
The cards will be in our hands to make that decision with the 2-5 draft prospects before the draft so my point remains.

I think we'll trade down for Trainor, personally.

General depth/talent and long term replacement for Corr (30)/LMac (29)

The cards will be in our hands to make that decision with the 2-5 draft prospects before the draft so my point remains.

I think we'll trade down for Trainor, personally.

General depth/talent and long term replacement for Corr (30)/LMac (29)
I like the idea of Trainor, I'm not convinced we'll target another defender this year given the depth
we have with Will Dawson, Bergman, Goater & Hardeman.

Gut feel is we'll take a mid with our first, a KPF with our second and a small forward with our third.

I like the idea of Trainor, I'm not convinced we'll target another defender this year given the depth

Gut feel is we'll take a mid with our first, a KPF with our second and a small forward with our third.
They're all the meduim sized though right?
If we have a key def go down, there's nobody else? (196+cm)
I doubt biggy makes it to another contract.

If we can engineer 4 picks inside the top 20 in this years even draft, I think we can forgo 2025 personally.

It's also important to consider how best to group our talent ages together.

I think we can all see the 2022 & 2023 draft will form the core of this side, obviously with some players like Comben etc stretching further back.

It's important to trying and group towards that core now so the 22 peaks at similar times.

I thought he was visibly disappointed on draft night not to be coming to North with his mate George. I'm not a fan and don't see where he fits in.

There was talk going around at the time too that Essendon didn't bother with any post draft stuff with the Tsatas family so Clarko and North took them out for dinner with the Wardlaw and Sheezel families. This may well have ingratiated us in the long term.

There was talk going around at the time too that Essendon didn't bother with any post draft stuff with the Tsatas family so Clarko and North took them out for dinner with the Wardlaw and Sheezel families. This may well have ingratiated us in the long term.
That's wild if true. Does anyone know how much truth there is to this?

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back