List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really disagree with you, but it's funny to think back to growing up and watching Brownless (192), Dunstall (188), Carey (192), Ablett (185), Modra (188), Lloyd (192), Lockett (191), Taylor (191), even Fevola (191).

Now Charlie Curnow is seen as an undersized anomaly because he's only 194cm.

I'm off on a tangent but I wish that we'd played Brayden George like a full forward in the VFL. He's powerful on the lead and a beautiful kick.

And Duursma has the marking reach of a 197cm KPF and I hope that we aim to build his strength and make him a marking forward who has silky skills, rather than a slow, tall wing or midfielder.
Yep this highlights that we don’t necessarily need just talls. But some heavies that can manoeuvre there way through packs without much care.

I like what Thilthorpe has done. And was hopeful George could do that too, however, a Fogarty type 188-195cm /100kg+ wrecking bull, or just kinda fat in general…would be great for us

kids generally have gotten taller over time.
I don't think that those great players would be too short to be effective against today's taller kids.

If Wayne Carey came along today at 192cm then he could still be a great CHF. I just reckon people would say "he's only 192cm" and some would overlook him for that.

I don't really disagree with you, but it's funny to think back to growing up and watching Brownless (192), Dunstall (188), Carey (192), Ablett (185), Modra (188), Lloyd (192), Lockett (191), Taylor (191), even Fevola (191).

Now Charlie Curnow is seen as an undersized anomaly because he's only 194cm.

I'm off on a tangent but I wish that we'd played Brayden George like a full forward in the VFL. He's powerful on the lead and a beautiful kick.

And Duursma has the marking reach of a 197cm KPF and I hope that we aim to build his strength and make him a marking forward who has silky skills, rather than a slow, tall wing or midfielder.
Same could be said with defenders as well!!
Trainor at 195cm, some consider him to be a possible 3rd KPD only in this draft yet consider this:
Who absolutely killed us against the Cats? 190cm Tom Stewart?
Would you say Hurn (188cm), McGovern (190) and Barrass (194) were one of the most feared backlines at their peak?
Without Steven May (190) and Jake Lever (194), Dees don't win a thing.
Are Weitering, Wilkie, Jack Buckley, considered as KPD's?

Height is great but it's what's between the ears that still can't be quantified and so far 200+cm gun forwards is still some what rare apart from McKay, Hipwood, Daniher and the King Bros...Sam Darcy has potential but who are the other 200+cm forward that we should worry about?

I don't think that those great players would be too short to be effective against today's taller kids.

If Wayne Carey came along today at 192cm then he could still be a great CHF. I just reckon people would say "he's only 192cm" and some would overlook him for that.
If Wayne Carey played today you'd put him on the ball. In his era the big CHF won games, now it's the big midfielder.

Same could be said with defenders as well!!
Trainor at 195cm, some consider him to be a possible 3rd KPD only in this draft yet consider this:
Who absolutely killed us against the Cats? 190cm Tom Stewart?
Would you say Hurn (188cm), McGovern (190) and Barrass (194) were one of the most feared backlines at their peak?
Without Steven May (190) and Jake Lever (194), Dees don't win a thing.
Are Weitering, Wilkie, Jack Buckley, considered as KPD's?

Height is great but it's what's between the ears that still can't be quantified and so far 200+cm gun forwards is still some what rare apart from McKay, Hipwood, Daniher and the King Bros...Sam Darcy has potential but who are the other 200+cm forward that we should worry about?
Body strength, positioning and agility.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

B1 and B2 on gettable 'expect' Bailey Scott will sign for 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back