List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me and my mate were talking about him the other night and how WCE should cash in on him...he ain't coming to us unless it's stupid money but WCE will want maximum draft pick(s)..you'd think he'd be seeking a contender rather than a rebuild side and that's got to be the Dees but with pick 8 & 38, pies don't have any draft captial and Cats only have pick 13 & 33..

Somone is going to overpay. He's had a great year, no doubt, but who's to say it isn't just an anomaly? Pick 8 & 38 for a guy averaging <1 goal per game prior to 2024?

1722470837683.png

Agree, I suspect the game will catch up with him very quickly next year.
I think it already has to be honest. He's always had vision, skill and brains as his strongest attributes but even so that 5-10% drop in athleticism and peak performance starts to catch up. They wanted him to get 400 for obvious reasons, we will see after that how desparate he and the team is to go for the record but that's a long year with not many games missable to come up short.

Guaranteed they will try to get him there…..unless someone snaps him in two next year it will be the rolling 12month contract.
Geez l hate Brad……boomer could have easily played on
I will never, ever forgive or forget what that piece of cr#p did to our club. We could have played Boomer in a forward pocket for another few years, easily. Could have given 500 games a nudge the way he was playing in his last season. Despise that ***** and his smugness.

IMO, the one area we nee to improve if we are to become a better team is 2 or 3 forward/half forwards that can run all day, pushing up to the wings and back all day. Look at hawthorn at the moment. McDonald, Watson, Ginnivan, Moore. All start forward and just run all day, helping on defence and rushing forward on offence. This is the player we currently lack. We have some who could potentially play this role, but need a bunch more to do it.

I will never, ever forgive or forget what that piece of cr#p did to our club. We could have played Boomer in a forward pocket for another few years, easily. Could have given 500 games a nudge the way he was playing in his last season. Despise that ***** and his smugness.
To be honest Boomer should nominate for the preseason draft, picked up by North, plays another 20+ games and gives a big FU to Brad "used car salesman" Scott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They (Pies) will carry him long enough to break Boomers games record, then they and the media will run (Milk) with the greatest games holder player being a Pies players; etc etc.
If they do I wouldn't be against picking Boomer up in the rookie draft, he'd still be the best small forward we have.

Literally people here have the world perception of a 2 year old. “The media hasn’t linked us to any players, that must mean we have given up” like legitimately go touch some grass.

Now is the most attractive we have been throughout our whole rebuild.
We'd be having a crack at everyone but I think it'd be smarter to go after Balta next year and just pay cash to make it band 1 so the Tigers don't match. Finn Callaghan another one to chase next year but costs draft capital and likely stays tbo.

Interesting nugget on midweek tackle that Buddy toured Arden St recently with a few clubs looking for him to mentor some players at their club. We aren't doing nothing and just sitting on our hands.
The sell job might get a little easier end of 2025 or 2026 when the win/loss might start to look a little better but for now we have a crack behind the scenes but sometimes another team is just a bit more attractive a proposition.
For now we just load up in deep draft and go hard next year with trades if we think like we've got enough young talent.

We'd be having a crack at everyone but I think it'd be smarter to go after Balta next year and just pay cash to make it band 1 so the Tigers don't match. Finn Callaghan another one to chase next year but costs draft capital and likely stays tbo.

Interesting nugget on midweek tackle that Buddy toured Arden St recently with a few clubs looking for him to mentor some players at their club. We aren't doing nothing and just sitting on our hands.
The sell job might get a little easier end of 2025 or 2026 when the win/loss might start to look a little better but for now we have a crack behind the scenes but sometimes another team is just a bit more attractive a proposition.
For now we just load up in deep draft and go hard next year with trades if we think like we've got enough young talent.
Reckon we are on the cusp performance wise. Would be good to run out the season with 3 very strong performances to make players see the opportunity to jump on board for cash and wins before we finalise the list.

Was anyone else involved in Bommers retirement from the club or was it B Scotts call and his alone.

The board would've signed off on it as well as the President so they all take a slice of blame pie.
Yeah l think JB and that board would have approved it but l'm sure B.Scott would have presented a rebuild plan and how clearing out 1300+ games experience would benefit the likes of Ryan Clarke, Corey Wagner, Sam Durdin, Jy Simpkin, Ben McKay,EVW and every other under 20yo's.

Yeah l think JB and that board would have approved it but l'm sure B.Scott would have presented a rebuild plan and how clearing out 1300+ games experience would benefit the likes of Ryan Clarke, Corey Wagner, Sam Durdin, Jy Simpkin, Ben McKay,EVW and every other under 20yo's.
Brad and his silver tongue. He took the blame for it at the time but yeah, the board still played their part in signing it off. It was also the way it was done with regards to the timing of it. Whole thing was handled terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back