List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I’ve always loved Luke Parker, I’ve been watching him closely tonight and it looks like he’s almost done to me.
Comedy Reaction GIF by 9-1-1: Lone Star

Looking better this quarter, 2 goals and centre square clearance that leads directly to a goal.
Flicked over to watch the final episode of Fargo season 2 at half time. Turned the footy back on just in time to see Parker kick his 3rd! A lot can change in a quarter of footy, never write a champion player off is the moral of the story.

As much as I’ve always loved Luke Parker, I’ve been watching him closely tonight and it looks like he’s almost done to me.
I think he’s shown tonight that he’s still more than capable, instrumental in getting Swans going tonight. However what you get from a recruit like Parker won’t be measured by stats and Super Coach points. Club is bereft of winning leadership. Luke Parker oozes it.

No forward on the ground looked any good in the first half, both teams butchered the ball between the arcs, Parker was crucial in turning the game in the 3rd term. Went back from 50+ to slot one which started their run, then went into the middle and got a few crucial clearances.

He is the one.

Shiels, Free, Drury, Lazarro, Taylor, Greenwood, Thomas.

Based on the year so far thats where its at.
I won't comment on who I think might get delisted as the season is still going and I think its a little disrespectful to the players but maybe that's just me, but the number is pretty close to where its going to be, remember, there won't be a huge cleanout, no matter what players some supporters don't like, it will be around that number and also remember that however many players are delisted at the end of the year we minus two from that number because of the players taken in the mid-season draft, and that is how many list spots are available for the trade / free agency and the national draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think we need to go out and get 3 or 4 mature players but a couple of additional leadership types who can still contribute onfield would be good for our young guys moving forward.

Parker in the forward half and through the midfield, Nick Hayes in the back half.

I’d be happy with that, because we wouldn’t have to give up much Draft capital to get them. Not particularly interested in Viney as we’d have to cough up a fair bit to get him and he has no versatility in his game.

I don’t think we need to go out and get 3 or 4 mature players but a couple of additional leadership types who can still contribute onfield would be good for our young guys moving forward.

Parker in the forward half and through the midfield, Nick Hayes in the back half.

I’d be happy with that, because we wouldn’t have to give up much Draft capital to get them. Not particularly interested in Viney as we’d have to cough up a fair bit to get him and he has no versatility in his game.
Parker and Haynes would be perfect at each end of the ground, but Haynes has knocked us back before and the human helium inhaler Jay Clark keeps banging on he’s going to Carlton so of course it must be true..

I could see Viney coming over with perhaps Will & CT being involved in the trade somehow to lessen the trade collateral a small bit.

Would love Jack Macrae’s poise and IQ playing the distributor role off half back to free Colby permanently mid/wing.

Parker's second half was good last night, BUT....looked to me he mainly took center bounces and then moved forward where it was his marking that made the difference. Not any ground speed or ground balls. We have Curtis, Zurhaar, Ford and Duursma already for that. Im not seeing him as a good fit for us at all.

Parker's second half was good last night, BUT....looked to me he mainly took center bounces and then moved forward where it was his marking that made the difference. Not any ground speed or ground balls. We have Curtis, Zurhaar, Ford and Duursma already for that. Im not seeing him as a good fit for us at all.
Those guys aren't all regularly doing what they need to do, yet. Until then it's a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back