List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes well they'll in a heck of a lot of trouble, I don't get joy from it.
Certainly no joy, I really don’t have any hate towards Melbourne but I can’t help but think of the BBB situation in reverse.

Maybe we could throw in one of our Capt’s, doesn’t matter which one, they both equal to Liam Anthony

Jezuzzz Viney. Awful, awful lying.

I mean think about.
North would be saying we’ll match or give the same amount of years as whatever Melb would, plus 100k or more. He has all the power. And at a place where his dad and brother works?

Straight swap for Jy.

Jy as in simpkin right? Errrr isn't he contracted until 2029?

Why not a swap for phillips?

Jezuzzz Viney. Awful, awful lying.

I mean think about.
North would be saying we’ll match or give the same amount of years as whatever Melb would, plus 100k or more. He has all the power. And at a place where his dad and brother works?

Straight swap for Jy.
Todd runs the club (in a good way) is over everything.

He is not have us go in unless it’s a very good chance.

I see Phillips as having progression left in him no matter where he ends up playing. I see Jy downhill skiing faster than Luke McDonald caught up in an avalanche.

But to get rid off our captain in this manner would not go down well for the fanbase as he led the team through the worst of our slums much like richie vandemberg at hawthorn.

I see Phillips as having progression left in him no matter where he ends up playing. I see Jy downhill skiing faster than Luke McDonald caught up in an avalanche.
Problem with Phillips, if Viney or any other senior body comes across, he can pretty much kiss any midfield time goodbye, he’d need to reinvent himself into another position if he stayed with us, or head off more opportunities else where.
If he goes I’d be pissed if I heard people booing him.

All the other clubs seem to give up picks in the 30’s and 40’s for 30+ year old’s.

If we shit the bed and cough up picks inside the top 30 in a draft that finally has some key forwards with a tonne of potential, then I’ll be pretty disappointed.
I hear you, but have those older players been in contract on those occasions?

Problem with Phillips, if Viney or any other senior body comes across, he can pretty much kiss any midfield time goodbye, he’d need to reinvent himself into another position if he stayed with us, or head off more opportunities else where.
Like someone said earlier on in the week, I think it goes the same for both Jy and Will.
Viney’s tacking is better than both, and he has a better kick and acceleration than Jy.

Ideally a 180cm midfield who plays similar to these two probably isn’t ideal.
But we’re desperate for real leadership aren’t we?
Can Jy even lead with having someone like Viney in there? I’d see him go into his shel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like someone said earlier on in the week, I think it goes the same for both Jy and Will.
Viney’s tacking is better than both, and he has a better kick and acceleration than Jy.

Ideally a 180cm midfield who plays similar to these two probably isn’t ideal.
But we’re desperate for real leadership aren’t we?
Can Jy even lead with having someone like Viney in there? I’d see him go into his shel
Jye is a good footballer, he can play in another positions on the field and have impact.
but yeah if Jack came across, you’d see wholesale across the board players checking their position in the team.

All the other clubs seem to give up picks in the 30’s and 40’s for 30+ year old’s.

If we shit the bed and cough up picks inside the top 30 in a draft that finally has some key forwards with a tonne of potential, then I’ll be pretty disappointed.
Yup. :stern look

Jye is a good footballer, he can play in another positions on the field and have impact.
but yeah if Jack came across, you’d see wholesale across the board players checking their position in the team.

As good as viney is, he is to plug in as an onfield experience player for 2 - 3 years buffer for the rest of the engine room to get around 50 games of experience so by the time he finishes up, our mids will be in the prime.

Viney was very good today although it should come with an asterisk because GC midfield basically gave up in the last quarter.

He would be fantastic for leadership standards. Ultra professional off the field too.

So people would rather have Larkey and a revolving door of stopgaps, would they?

The equation seems pretty simple to me. If you want Chom down back, then you have no right to poo poo blokes like Wright who've shown they can provide a target and hit the scoreboard. If you don't want him, give us your suggestions, unless you think Teakle, Pink and John Coleman-Jones will work it out between themselves before hell freezes over.

If you want Chom up forward, then fair enough. It's putting faith in him but he's up to it as long as he gets a bit of luck.

Poo pooing players with a goalkicking history like Wright, given our situation, is a bit absurd imo
Personally happy for Chom and Teakle with a developing KPF coming through that may snag games the way a Logan Morris, Cadman, Caddy or Walter did in their first year.

As i said of 2MP he doesnt fit our forward line, is out of a team with a dysfunctional forward line and doesnt seem to posesses leadership needed for someone at his age.

If we wanted a mature key forward to plug in for a season or 2 (Thats all 2MP would be) i would be targeting Walker or Darling type.

Mate I said the same last week, was on your page in the first half again just fortunately for me I didn’t post prior to half time, an unfortunately timed post to call time on Parkers career 😂
Um lm not sure what your referring to from last week 🤷‍♂️….this was / is the first time lve mentioned anything about Parker in any of my posts during a game, and l wasn’t the only one to think he had a poor first half. Yes l put my hand up and was glad he played well. ….and I’ll leave it at that.

Um lm not sure what your referring to from last week 🤷‍♂️….this was / is the first time lve mentioned anything about Parker in any of my posts during a game, and l wasn’t the only one to think he had a poor first half. Yes l put my hand up and was glad he played well. ….and I’ll leave it at that.
Apologies maybe I didn’t word it well. I said the same about Parker last week, thought he looked slow and finished.

Xerri Viney Wardlaw
McKercher LDU Scott

HF/M:Sheezel

I: Powell Simpkin

Adding Viney puts the right type of pressure and accountability on spots in the middle.

That mid brigade looks pretty slick and very balanced.

Viney was very good today although it should come with an asterisk because GC midfield basically gave up in the last quarter.

He would be fantastic for leadership standards. Ultra professional off the field too.
I wonder who at the moment is setting the standards at Melb off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back