List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally happy for Chom and Teakle with a developing KPF coming through that may snag games the way a Logan Morris, Cadman, Caddy or Walter did in their first year.

As i said of 2MP he doesnt fit our forward line, is out of a team with a dysfunctional forward line and doesnt seem to posesses leadership needed for someone at his age.

If we wanted a mature key forward to plug in for a season or 2 (Thats all 2MP would be) i would be targeting Walker or Darling type.
2MP is a better player than Darling.

Despite playing for * and being a ranga he’s also less of a w***er than Darling.

Last edited:
Ideally a 180cm midfield who plays similar to these two probably isn’t ideal.

They’re midfielders not marking targets. What does their height have to do with it? They can either win the ball or they can’t. They can use it well or not. It isn’t high jump.

They’re midfielders not marking targets. What does their height have to do with it? They can either win the ball or they can’t. They can use it well or not. It isn’t high jump.

All three have the ability to win the ball.
Viney would be the only one who has a damaging factor about him.
It’s not high jump, but all three play similar and we can’t even fit two of them in the same team atm.

I don’t know about you, but slow 180cm midfielders for arguments sake, consisting of Jy, Sheezel, Will, and Powell hasn’t gotten us across the line during some of those close games.

So yeah, I think a bigger body who can impede some of the run on by the leagues centre mids would be useful for this vanilla midfield when Ldu and Wardlaw aren’t firing.

Personally happy for Chom and Teakle with a developing KPF coming through that may snag games the way a Logan Morris, Cadman, Caddy or Walter did in their first year.

As i said of 2MP he doesnt fit our forward line, is out of a team with a dysfunctional forward line and doesnt seem to posesses leadership needed for someone at his age.

If we wanted a mature key forward to plug in for a season or 2 (Thats all 2MP would be) i would be targeting Walker or Darling type.
That's all fine except for the fact that we don't develop KPFs. Not sure what Brad's thinking playing him out of the team. The blokes they have in there aside from Langford don't have a brain cell to rub together. As for leadership, Larkey is already the leader in there; despite his whinging. We could do a lot worse

2MP is a better player than Darling.

Despite playing for * and being a ranga he’s also less off a w***er than Darling.
Completely agree but i would argue Darling will teach new forwards coming through how to play like a premiership forward. 2MP wont.

That's all fine except for the fact that we don't develop KPFs. Not sure what Brad's thinking playing him out of the team. The blokes they have in there aside from Langford don't have a brain cell to rub together. As for leadership, Larkey is already the leader in there; despite his whinging. We could do a lot worse
I lIke Larkey as leader aswell. Body language can be bad. The concern for Bombers with 2MP is that they are to tall and struggle to stop rebound. Caddy offers slightly less in terms of goals but his games this year have helped develop him and he offers alot more when ball hits ground. Cox and Harrison they rotate everywhere and one likely lands as key forward.

We had developed Larkey well. Not sure who we have drafted into that role in recent memory. One around Larkey was Chom who had been crueled by injury. Not the worst history. Could add Sellers to that list and i thought worth the punt but hasn't worked

Viney is short, but he’s a meat axe. In terms of physicality he plays like he’s Tony Lockett size. His height is completely a non-issue. Having said that, I agree with posters not keen on paying a high price. 2-3 years at market rates giving up a 30’s pick would be fine with me.

I wonder who at the moment is setting the standards at Melb off the field.
ric flair GIF

??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Bloke is always working in the gym getting his physicality better and better. We need that desperately because we're just a tad soft these days.

Sounds like Barassi’s address to the players in ‘79. It’s on tape. “You’re a bit bloody soft…just like society these days “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back