List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Ned McHenry as a cheap ready made small forward

Former first round pick, has mongrel but can’t get a game and is out of contract

Former first round pick, has mongrel but can’t get a game and is out of contract
Crows fans treat him like he's the embodiment of Satan, when they won against GWS 75% of the comments weren't even about the win just complaining that he was still playing

Are we just forgetting that Duursma kicked 2 goals in his first game (should have been 4, bloody umps) and took 11 marks in his second game?

He's a stud. He just lost confidence as the losing streak went on. He'll be a gun.
Don't get me wrong Duursma looks like a great player, the footgae of his VFL games is pretty cool. Not at TTs level but maybe not far off .... but Caddy looks like developing into a strong contested marking forward who'd be the perfect foil for Larkey. Watching him closely in that game on Friday night, its like he hasn't even grown into his body properly yet.

Should North consider talking to GWS about a Cadman/Duursma trade?

Including a swap of draft picks to even things out...

North get the Key Position forward they need to help Larkey.

GWS get an exceptional talent, with one year in the system?

Just a thought...
Not really into Cadman. If you're thinking about trading him trade him for Caddy. Then he plays with his brother and Caddy's old man can look happy watching his kid play footy. lol.

Should North consider talking to GWS about a Cadman/Duursma trade?

Including a swap of draft picks to even things out...

North get the Key Position forward they need to help Larkey.

GWS get an exceptional talent, with one year in the system?

Just a thought...

Duursma was drafted with a fair suspicion of what could happen with Tarryn Thomas from this season onwards which has been pretty well vindicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're still months away from trade aeon and already we're getting hypothetical trades like these, imagine what we'll be proposing when trade week actually starts.
Go for broke and test the dogs resolve. Our first , Zurhar compo and next years first for JUH. If no Zurhar compo add a second also. We are not that far off and the comp is dead even. I am sure we can incentivise him from a money perspective to come across.
Should North consider talking to GWS about a Cadman/Duursma trade? Including a swap of draft picks to even things out...
North get the Key Position forward they need to help Larkey. GWS get an exceptional talent, with one year in the system?

Just a thought...

Would rather push for Konstanty if we were to look at small forward options via trade.

Don't get me wrong Duursma looks like a great player, the footgae of his VFL games is pretty cool. Not at TTs level but maybe not far off .... but Caddy looks like developing into a strong contested marking forward who'd be the perfect foil for Larkey. Watching him closely in that game on Friday night, its like he hasn't even grown into his body properly yet.
They're different players. Caddy has the size so he's a stronger mark and has more intensity right now.
I think Zane is cleaner by hand and foot, better footy IQ and set shot and can play mid/wing perhaps long term.
Caddy might also be a bit injury prone like Comben with the way he goes about it (knock on wood for him).
I'd like to see Zane next to Teakle in a few weeks when he's worked on his defensive positioning and intensity.
Will be interesting to watch how they both go but interestingly the Dees, Hawks, Crows and Cats all passed on Nate when they could've used a key forward long term as well as us. Would be interesting to know why they all did.

A 12 game career where he averaged 0.17 goals and 0.5 points a game.

I think it was one of the great modern AFL acts of charity by our club that he got to a dozen games in 3 years.
Phoenix was fast. He didn’t fumble the ball. He actually had good skills. He just didn’t get near the ball enough. And he was a mid at junior level if I remember correctly and we wanted to play him as a crumbing forward, who had mediocre goal sense.

They're different players. Caddy has the size so he's a stronger mark and has more intensity right now.
I think Zane is cleaner by hand and foot, better footy IQ and set shot and can play mid/wing perhaps long term.
Caddy might also be a bit injury prone like Comben with the way he goes about it (knock on wood for him).
I'd like to see Zane next to Teakle in a few weeks when he's worked on his defensive positioning and intensity.
Will be interesting to watch how they both go but interestingly the Dees, Hawks, Crows and Cats all passed on Nate when they could've used a key forward long term as well as us. Would be interesting to know why they all did.
It’s just the slightly irrational fear of the ‘tweener’ don’t you reckon?

You’d have thought brody mihocek was a good enough advert for the 193 KPF, not to mention curnow

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back