List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The part that gets me is if you picked a person at random on here and plonked them into Brady's role in that situation, they'd have probably found a way to do things more tactfully. Genuinely insane for a professional sporting organisation to conduct itself like that, even if the coach had already succumbed to his mental problems.

Even thinking about 2020 and 2022 creates a red haze of something primally bad in my mind. A festering wall of malice, misfortune, miscommunication. and incompetence. I'm not sure a club has had a year like either of them in the last twenty years. Melbourne with Neeld maybe. Even Essendon knew that their guys would be back and that they'd get a number 1 pick out of it
The really weird thing is that under Shaw the previous season (2019), we played some excellent footy. Beat both Coll and Rich (4th and 1st that year) and won seven of our 12 games under Shaw. More than that, we were physical AND entertaining. The following season, we beat St Kilda at home then GWS away - so two from two - before the global plague descended and the team was confined to their Covid hub, effectively ruining Shaw’s mental health … and setting the club’s progress back about four years.

Yep

No more RFA’s

Unless you count Dangerfield who wants a 2 year deal from the Cats not 1.

When that dude retires, we need to get him over to mentor young mids.

Out of all the top mids in recent decade and half, he is by far the no.1 for his sheer longevity. Martin is 1 year younger and completely cooked where D is not only still playing but still the dominant centre piece in the geelong mid.

LDU needs to study him religiously in how he plays, trains, conditions and prepares.

When that dude retires, we need to get him over to mentor young mids.

Out of all the top mids in recent decade and half, he is by far the no.1 for his sheer longevity. Martin is 1 year younger and completely cooked where D is not only still playing but still the dominant centre piece in the geelong mid.

LDU needs to study him religiously in how he plays, trains, conditions and prepares.
I think Danger is a bit of a dickhead but I wouldn't object if he played two seasons with us on a med/low wage. He was a very good player, would have good knowledge to impart and most importantly - he might help us in that eternal war we have with the umpires.

I think Danger is a bit of a dickhead but I wouldn't object if he played two seasons with us on a med/low wage. He was a very good player, would have good knowledge to impart and most importantly - he might help us in that eternal war we have with the umpires.

He's on pretty good $$$ with his 'reduced' salary but with extra plots of land so his actual salary is like 1.5 x the highest bidder could pay...

As for the eternal war with umpires, that's joel selwood territory with his adaptable leg strength pending contact height.

Dunno about fantastic. Altho i thought he was worth a look when he left the Giants.

Agree fantastic is pushing it, just a good solid honest contributor. Had his injury issues but has improved considerably. Won't ever be a superstar but definitely not a spud! It's Durham who they have been very fortunate with in terms of zero capital required to land and with Merrett they are their key mids

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would depend on whether there is any resentment towards the club, you’d have to think there’s still some bitterness towards us. However if it meant another shot at an AFL career then I’m sure he’d be able to put that aside. FWIW I’d love to have him back.
l wonder who is still at the club from his days there compared to now..Naturally Brady is still there but who else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance he leaves

The palace he built overlooking the beach - hes well and truly living like a king.

Should we pick up the phone to Petracca’s manager?

Also, I would consider getting Jack Darling for a season.

Question is ...Would he be interested in coming back playing under Clarko. Being a mate of LDU helps but Brady would still be there. How they approached his delisting was not the right way of doing it but Shaw is no longer there and its 4 years down the track...
Seeing Gonzo is still there, maybe not. Might be like going back to an ex. If it didn't work the first time....

Josh Goater's injury was a double blow. Not only did it rob us of his run & carry but it opened the door for Luke McDonald to replace him. When a player gets injured you can usually cover them with a similar type, albeit not quite the same quality, but we actually went backwards replacing Josh with Luke.
If goater played all year , does arch get a decent run in the team.
We all know Lmac wouldn’t of been dropped when we are lacking senior players

Should we pick up the phone to Petracca’s manager?

Also, I would consider getting Jack Darling for a season
As a training padding bag for BGZ to jump on, sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back