List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re gonna trade pick 2 for Brayshaw, why not just pick Jagga Smith in the draft? Or hope that Phillips can get up to 75% game time? One step up from an honest trier IMO.

Mate he’s a Leigh Matthews trophy winner and All Australian. Had 25 Brownlow votes in 2022.

1. Phillips will never be anywhere near the player Brayshaw is.
2. Jagga Smith could… but he’s about 70kg and would need years before he could be a genuine impact maker.

We’re talking about a guy about to enter his prime that has averaged 28 touches or more for the past 4 years. He won’t come to North but a lot better than an honest trier.

Not all midfielders need to be game-breaking, goal scoring, burst players or 195cm to be absolute weapons. Given us a fair flogging or two in his time as well, I’d give up 2 firsts for him any day if he wanted to come to North.

Now I know there’s a few Brayshaw’s in the world but I’m hoping he’s the one I’m thinking of, the tall Key Position Full Forward that would help out Larks in the biggest hole in our List?

No?

Then…

go away gtfo GIF

Mate he’s a Leigh Matthews trophy winner and All Australian. Had 25 Brownlow votes in 2022.

2. Jagga Smith could… but he’s about 70kg and would need years before he could be a genuine impact maker.

We’re talking about a guy about to enter his prime that has averaged 28 touches or more for the past 4 years. He won’t come to North but a lot better than an honest trier.

Not all midfielders need to be game-breaking, goal scoring, burst players or 195cm to be absolute weapons. Given us a fair flogging or two in his time as well, I’d give up 2 firsts for him any day if he wanted to come to North.
Yeah, he’s good, but also meh. I’d rather take the risk with a top pick and try for a superstar.

If you’re gonna trade pick 2 for Brayshaw, why not just pick Jagga Smith in the draft? Or hope that Phillips can get up to 75% game time? One step up from an honest trier IMO.
Because while Jagga runs all day, AB would be the best two way running mid in the game. 30 possies and elite pressure could mean Sheeze moves to a 70/30 forward/mid split which means more effective inside 50s and goals.

Xerri Brayshaw Davies-Uniacke Wardlaw, would just about be best in the league in 2025.

Because while Jagga runs all day, AB would be the best two way running mid in the game. 30 possies and elite pressure could mean Sheeze moves to a 70/30 forward/mid split which means more effective inside 50s and goals.

Xerri Brayshaw Davies-Uniacke Wardlaw, would just about be best in the league in 2025.
Yep spot on, AB is a flat-out-gun.

1. I would also give Disco Dew left, right and middle balls for AB.
2. Jagga wont be better than him.
3. Freo won’t trade him (it would be absolutely insanity on their part with the Premiership window they’re entering now and the draft collateral they have this year - absolute insanity!)

Yeah, he’s good, but also meh. I’d rather take the risk with a top pick and try for a superstar.

I’d be shocked if Jagga doesn’t easily exceed Brayshaw’s level. Plus you get an extra 5 years.

Phillips could get to 80% of Brayshaw’s level and it wouldn’t cost us anything. At the end of the day it’s just running up and down grunt work. I reckon Brayshaw has **** all impact on Freo’s fortunes and they’re probably going to miss the eight because of it.

No they dont all need to be those types, but they're what are mid mix needs. Which is why so few think we'll take Smith.

Dan Houston reportedly cold on the Demons.

Would be a great get imo.

What are people’s thoughts on Jesse Dattoli?

May fall in between our 2nd & 3rd round pick but I think he’s the 3rd best small forward in it. Good user and runner, decent around goals, decent overhead, unsure what his testing is like but doesn’t seem slow off the eye test.
I reckon he’ll turn into an irritating little flog
I’d be shocked if Jagga doesn’t easily exceed Brayshaw’s level. Plus you get an extra 5 years.

Phillips could get to 80% of Brayshaw’s level and it wouldn’t cost us anything. At the end of the day it’s just running up and down grunt work. I reckon Brayshaw has **** all impact on Freo’s fortunes and they’re probably going to miss the eight because of it.
You didn’t just double down on a bad call - you triple downed.

We’d have to draft prime Judd / Ablett jnr to exceed brayshaw easily

I reckon he’ll turn into an irritating little flog

You didn’t just double down on a bad call - you triple downed.

We’d have to draft prime Judd / Ablett jnr to exceed brayshaw easily
We are cursed that NMFC blood lines just dont want to play for us. Those Brayshaw boys should have been Kangas too. **** em.

"North will not win a flag if it just relies on the draft" - Clarko

Sounded like we'll be busy in the trade/FA space.

Some context.

He also said, “you need to compliment the list when the time is right”

“If that’s not this year, we might look more enticing for players in another 12 months”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Viney, Wines, Parker, Rampe, Ward” - Clarko in reference to experienced names they are looking at.

Didn’t expect him to name drop them like that.

I definitely reckon there’s legs to the Fyfe rumor after that, reckon he’d be leaving out their #1 or #2 target.

The above might be the guys who have said no, imo.

A top pick that also may turn out to be nothing more than meh but have to wait 4 yrs while giving him the chance to develop and waiting to produce the goods his high draft position predicted

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep spot on, AB is a flat-out-gun.

1. I would also give Disco Dew left, right and middle balls for AB.
2. Jagga wont be better than him.
3. Freo won’t trade him (it would be absolutely insanity on their part with the Premiership window they’re entering now and the draft collateral they have this year - absolute insanity!)

Not if they have their eyes on Warner as predicted... pick 2 goes to Syd

"North will not win a flag if it just relies on the draft" - Clarko

Sounded like we'll be busy in the trade/FA space.

Clarko what are you talking about! The draft is everything according to some people on here. An 18 yr old that hasnt even kicked a ball at AFL can fix all problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back