List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can’t decide whether I’d rather Battle stay as part of our great defence or go to pick up the compo…
But I would LOVE to see these media “experts” proven wrong.
For me it's a bird in the hand type scenario.

I'm more intrigued as to who will make it to pick 5. I desperately wanted Finn to come back and look useless so he could slide to us but zero chance of that

how are we wandering off on tangents again???? the club has stated over and over they are hitting the draft??

i dont see how that is "wandering off tangents"???

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
As you say gubby.....the clubs narrative has not changed ...one....little....bit.

If what you say is true then the club really is in trouble with what seems a questionable environment. If thats the case surely we should be concentrating more on WHY these players want to leave? Everyone has been singing Lyon's praises since he arrived, but it now seems mature players are wanting out. Gresham probably had his ego bruised, because he had been over rated by previous coaching groups. I didnt see him as a loss but Josh will be, surely the board have to ask the questions why?

It was interesting listening to Cooper Sharman's radio interview today. He laughed it off, but he said the Lyon often starts statements and gets lost in thoughts and goes off in a completely different tangent and they have no idea what he is trying to say. Ive noticed this with a lot of Lyons pressers, he gets so wound up in what he is saying he doesnt answer the question and then dribbles off into a completely different direction. The younger or new players would be too niave and junior to question his messages, but perhaps the more mature players are seeing through this. He would make a good politician, but Im wondering if this addled messaging is turning players off?
Lyon Biden now you think ?
Righto…

Imagine if we ended up with pick 3 for Battle. Maybe we could get the next Jack Billings!

Wish we had 3 AND 4 in that draft though damn

Lyon has taken us backwards and should be criticised. If he makes Sunday the norm we'll all be praising him. Especially if he can bring on the kids with no step backwards. If he is here to improve our list, standards and backroom and he doesn't do what he's employed to do he should be held to account like any employee.
You have the patience of a toddler

Im amazed that intelligent people seem to lose there abilities to remain subjective when it comes to supporting the club and staff. Lyon has an almost 'cult like following' with no matter what people are shown contrary to their beliefs they simply wont accept it. All I have been suggesting over the past few weeks is that Lyon has deficiencies which have contributed to our season, and as a result I have been accused of being a troll. Its quite laughable really.

I am not a Lyon hater but I dont think he is the second coming either!
Why is it that people who are sick and tired of the club chopping and changing
Who are comfortable with the club finally taking a decisive approach to building out our list abs finally targeting midfielders..
Comfortable in giving Lyon his 4 years….all just blind zombie Lyon lovers ????
No one is the messiah
I’ve not read 1 person here state that??

Oh yeah. All Saints fans do. If we’d built through the draft instead of ****ing up trading the icing in before the cake I wouldn’t have to wait. Stinko and his mate Plonka were attacking then too.

This club keeps pushing the time line out. Sides like the Pies rebuild in a few years. We seem to prefer gambling on short term things then throwing everything out and starting again.

We prefer gambling to doing the hard yards.

Still can’t decide whether I’d rather Battle stay as part of our great defence or go to pick up the compo…
But I would LOVE to see these media “experts” proven wrong.
I was on the fence with this up until recently. I want high draft picks as much as anyone, but would now prefer Battle stay...sure we have cover for his position, but can we cover him as a player that is a part of our best and most cohesive line?
What will be, will be. It's out of our hands unfortunately.
But yeah...him staying would certainly shock a few media wolves.

As much as l hate to distract from this enthralling day's discussion, l find interesting we're being linked to Lobb (insert vomit emoji).
I'd have to assume he'd come as a salary dump but the dogs dont have much to deal with, only 2nd & 3rd round picks.
If Batts goes it could tie us over for a bit and boost our draft position for really not much money.

To be fair, Saints supporters have been MORE than patient.

However, with a new coaching group it does pretty much begin again, and one and half seasons is a bit soon to expect a flag 🤣

As much as l hate to distract from this enthralling day's discussion, l find interesting we're being linked to Lobb (insert vomit emoji).
I'd have to assume he'd come as a salary dump but the dogs dont have much to deal with, only 2nd & 3rd round picks.
If Batts goes it could tie us over for a bit and boost our draft position for really not much money.
100% agree. the thought of giving him games over developing guys for the long term is grim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a big fan of Lobb either. But looking solely through the prism of list management he is definitely an upgrade on Allison and provides great versatility as a backup.

I mean there's that.

All I Got George Clooney GIF by MGM Studios

I'm not a big fan of Lobb either. But looking solely through the prism of list management he is definitely an upgrade on Allison and provides great versatility as a backup.

I mean there's that.

All I Got George Clooney GIF by MGM Studios

He doesn’t replace Allison though. He probably pushes Sharman or Hammer out to VFL or maybe off the list and he’s already 30 isn’t he. Would have to pay his huge contract until the end of 2026 to get him cheap.

I think the delisted free agent was referring to before his purple patch. He went from low production to getting 30 touches on a wing. I said lots before that about him and was happy we were targeting. Got shitted off when people were wanting to give up a high pick for him. He was good value in the end and has exceeded expectation.
Fair enough. A high pick for him would have been stupid. A second rounder was ok, especially when we got it back. So sort of like a DFA.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Discrimination because the draft is not further compromised, by allowing all First Nation players, to stay at home and play for local clubs is ridiculous in the extreme.

All players, including indigenous draftees need support and assistance. Every club has welfare staff and they need to work to accommodate what each particular player needs, irrespective of background, ethnicity etc.

Constructing the draft to keep First Nation players in their area, is patronising, illogical and not what they, clubs, competition, or supporters want. It is about better supporting everyone coming to the club, for the particular needs that they have.

Clubs have for the past 25 years that I know of, have been working to improve their knowledge, approach, sensitivity and understanding of First Nations communication, family dynamics, learning styles, needs and what is important to them. That is what keeps Collard, Henry and Hill happy, contented and loving their time at St Kilda.
Where did I say any of your straw man argument?
I said that an indigenous kid was discriminated against because the Suns and the other rugby state clubs have advantages.
ALL PLAYERS, from academies should have the same advantages, be on the same playing field. If you can't understand in this case Collard was discriminated against because of where he lived, you should not even enter the conversation.

I said that an indigenous kid was discriminated against because the Suns and the other rugby state clubs have advantages.
ALL PLAYERS, from academies should have the same advantages, be on the same playing field. If you can't understand in this case Collard was discriminated against because of where he lived, you should not even enter the conversation.

That's like saying an indigenous person was discriminated against because a white won the lottery.
Its dumb.

You are being stupid.

IMHO none of our young players can yet step in the Battle's boots without hurting our competitiveness. As a stop gap measure if it came with a draft improvement I'd just say it's good business.

I say it sucks to lose Battle.
Its better if we get a first round pick back, but it still sucks.

how are we wandering off on tangents again???? the club has stated over and over they are hitting the draft??

i dont see how that is "wandering off tangents"???

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree
13 years shyte needs to be fixed in 2 or Lyon goes??
We are finally facing up to where this list is at - carrying too many plodders …all this trash that “list isn’t too bad” the list is miles off top 4
We are finally playing , developing and building our next core talent group
Hitting the draft
And we are off on a tangent?????
Crazy batshyte talk
Of course you have checks n balances on Lyon but he gets his tenure to do his job
IF we have a poor list, no midfield, can’t score ..he goes and Bassatt too
I suspect we’ll have a very strong core of talent and a team drilled in a game style that stacks up - if Sunday was a teaser I’m in !

You’re comparing apples and oranges re Rat vs Lyon. To say Lyon has a better list at his disposal is misleading and doesn’t provide the full picture.

There were times Rat had to be pulled kicking and screaming to play with youth. He literally coached at a time they churned through draft hands to inject senior B to C-grade talent into the side.

Show me a side where Rat had youth playing week in week out like Mitchito, Windy, Nas, Mattaes, Caminiti, Henry, Schoenmaker, Wilson etc with the game here and there going to Hastie, Collard and Hugo.

Instead Rat was chucking games into a cherry ripe Zones, Ross, Membrey, Junior Burger, Paddy Ryder, Carlisle, even Hannebery when he could get him on the park. It was nothing more than a sugar hit at best, which interestingly seems to be what you’re expecting right now.

And, best of all, you say “Lyon hasn’t been able to move us forward”. So you honestly expect this list profile to be moving forward in what boils down to 16 rounds of footy. Development and progression isn’t linear. Look at Freo this year for an example and their midfield is light years ahead of ours.
Super post
Ratten was t developing talent
He was telling the Board “windows open” and topping up with rejects
Revisionist nonsense

tbf Joff, that's not the way it came across

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back