List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really confident about the long term future. Just don’t think the bounce will be all that high next year. We will loose experience and promote youth. It’s 8-10 wins at best that is if everyone stays healthy

I was thinking like that , but with Phillipou suddenly catapulting himself in front of..... well everyone , maybe except Steele as a mid, things have changed.
What if Windhager and Owens break out next year?

I was thinking like that , but with Phillipou suddenly catapulting himself in front of..... well everyone , maybe except Steele as a mid, things have changed.
I was hoping they’d break out this year. Obviously just because they aren’t stars right now doesn’t mean they never will be but it’s a hard life constantly waiting for pick 30+ers to take us to the promised land. Phillipou is giving us a taste of what a top 10 mid can do, any plan that doesn’t involve more of them is a plan that’s destined to fail IMO.

I was hoping they’d break out this year. Obviously just because they aren’t stars right now doesn’t mean they never will be but it’s a hard life constantly waiting for pick 30+ers to take us to the promised land. Phillipou is giving us a taste of what a top 10 mid can do, any plan that doesn’t involve more of them is a plan that’s destined to fail IMO.

I think we had to wait 4 years before we even knew if Seb Ross would be good enough to play afl.
Then we had to wait forever for McKenzie.
So i'm very happy with 19 yo Pou.

I would be very excited
Just not sure they can get it done every week
No doubt we will have some great games so that will be good to watch

Freo have been making out like Bandits at the draft for a while now.

They're a pretty good example of getting value for losing players.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Some people are losing their minds at losing Battle for a top 5-6 pick.

Imagine if we lost the quality Freo have over an extended period.

Some folk would be burning down Moorabbin.

What people need to realise, 6yr contract at reportedly $900k per year are for match winners, which Battle is not.

Look at Melbourne Storm, they pay their big contracts on match winners the rest are role players. Hence the reason why the Storm are so successful.
Something else to think about, if we did sign Battle for this big contract we are potentially thwarting the resigning of a young gun in the future due to a bulging Battle contract. Imagine the stink.

Agreed, let Battle walk, pick up pick 6, bring in Haynes from GWS for peanuts to allow Schoenmaker to develop over the next 1-2 years. Creative list management.

Very true. Grow your own. That’s how to do it. Port have also lost a lot of quality players over the last few years. Some questionable….Polec? But they get great value back. Now a stacked midfield.

We have lost very few players the last few years and have got little back in return for the ones that did. About time that changed.

Josh Battle. Pick 39 and a number of years of service. Get back a high order pick. Plus gain an additional few years of service. Seems like good business.

Adrian Cole is the future Josh Battle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree must pick him up nothing to lose & if he develops into the FB it’s locked in for 10 years worth the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Might as well with a late pick. A tall isn't going to be immediate impact so rookie listing for a year is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back