List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. "Cotton On", is majority owned by its founder. Companies like them can employ whoever they like to do as little actual work as the owner wants. ( Visy was the same ).
If you are a publicly listed , or owned by the Wuhu Municipal Government, you probably have to account for every head, and anything going to an AFL team has to come out of the marketing or advertising budget.

Thank you Mr Wikipedia 🤪

Regardless of all that factual content, if we have a sponsor that can offer some of our players “opportunities” then I’m all for it.

Much better than the old days when Phillip Morris may have offered a player a discount on a carton of smokes, Valentines a discount on greeting cards or Hugall & Hoile a cut price hose or irrigation pipe 😕

Last edited:

Thank you Mr Wikipedia

Regardless of all that factual content, if we have a sponsor that can offer some of our players “opportunities” then I’m all for it.

Much better than the old days when Phillip Morris may have offered a player a discount on a carton of smokes, Valentines a discount on greeting cards or Hugall & Hoile a cut price hose or irrigation pipe

I did look up Wikipedia , but i was pretty sure Chery was not privately owned. ( kind of surprised that its owned by a city ).

UPDATE:
From internet stalking social media, i can see that his partner recently sold her Nissan Qashqai. No doubt Chery make a suitable replacement. ( ie a stupid little piece of shit micro SUV ,based on a front wheel drive micro car platform ).

What makes me more nervous is they seem to have been based in the bayside suburbs ( East Bentleigh )? but have bought a new place. Not sure where the new place is.

Aspendale. 10 minutes up the road from Moorabbin. Loves the area.

I’m happy either way with Battle provided compo is the top 5 or 6 pick.

We’ll be trying to get Miles Bergman back home this year or next when he’s OOC.

While i was Facebook stalking i found out that Josh's partner has a facebook friend who is a facebook friend with my Cousin on my dad's side , that i mostly only see at family funerals. So i should be able to become an ITK with all the dirt on Battle very soon.

While i was Facebook stalking i found out that Josh's partner has a facebook friend who is a facebook friend with my Cousin on my dad's side , that i mostly only see at family funerals. So i should be able to become an ITK with all the dirt on Battle very soon.
You already are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to get out more :tearsofjoy:

Hawthorn have Frost and at times Weddle (yes the HB flanker) running around as key backs. They probably just want to shore up their backline with both Battle and Barrass.

They are getting pretty close to another flag challenge if they nail a couple more talls and keep putting experience into their youth.

Kind of shits me if they just click their fingers and Battle comes running up with his tongue hanging out like a retriever.

It shits me that in all likelihood they will win another flag before we finish a 15 year rebuild that we are not even half way through and looks like 4 years from needing a rebuild again.

And where did you hear that ?

giphy.gif

They have offered him a 2 year contract he's looking at options, have a look at his numbers in the VFL excellent would be a walk up start in our MF & his last game against PA look at those numbers.

I've mentioned him once before. In the seniors he does the odd thing that shows real talent but he hasn't quite managed to find a consistent position or form yet. He's usually more of a utility or HF when he does get in. To me he'd be pretty handy if cheap. He's not definite star but there is enough there to suggest he's got scope to be a very good player. I think he's got Japanese ancestry too. He would have that in common with Chito. They could put Maki on as a cultural ambassador and head chef.

Too many cho’s always looking at what they aren’t or can’t do rather than what they can and how to make that work for you. Newcombe, Worpel at the Hawks and we have some rippers ourselves so they do get looked at. A lot get missed though, bigger teams have more cash and more eyes on games I’m guessing.

It's interesting how much we do that. Once someone is overlooked we are scared to take them. A lot of guns rot in the state leagues because no-one has the balls to take a chance on them. You'd think that the strike rate would be much higher than the draft but not many sides are willing to regularly exploit it.

Recycled players or guys who missed the draft cut are the same. A lot never get another chance even though they were late developers or injured early. Ben Jepson who was at Coburg now Southport for example. Looks like one of the nicer ball users in the VFL and plays off HB. His numbers are right up now and should have been picked up last year in the mid season draft. You get a Sinclair type for absolute peanuts.

Thank you Mr Wikipedia 🤪

Much better than the old days when Phillip Morris may have offered a player a discount on a carton of smokes, Valentines a discount on greeting cards or Hugall & Hoile a cut price hose or irrigation pipe 😕
Doc........you forgot Snowdeli(in case you wanted some Strausberg-yum) or International Harvester(in case you wanted to buy a truck)

:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back