List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are getting pretty close to another flag challenge if they nail a couple more talls and keep putting experience into their youth.
Yep a key defender or two and they’re back into contention no doubt about it. Very frustrating.

I'm sure you looked great in your Essendon Guernsey.

LOL, No. You got a Saints Guernsey no matter who you bet on.
Had no use for an Essendon Gurnsey since Guy Fawkes night was a thing, though they look good on drug cheating lego footballer avatars.

That’s nothing. No mention of how Lobb, Shiel and Parker are going to win us the flag next year.

Weirdly enough Lobb seems to have suddenly morphed into a pretty decent key defender.

Circumstance required someone tall to be moved down back, and Lobb ahs exceeded everyone's expectation.

Bevo's desperation move thinking he is a now probably genius. With so much talent on their list I personally think Bevo has underperformed as a coach.

Weirdly enough Lobb seems to have suddenly morphed into a pretty decent key defender.

Circumstance required someone tall to be moved down back, and Lobb ahs exceeded everyone's expectation.

Bevo's desperation move thinking he is a now probably genius. With so much talent on their list I personally think Bevo has underperformed as a coach.
Any competent coach would've been consistent top 4 and won one or two more flags with that Dogs list. What a waste of talent having Bevo coach prime Libba, Macrae, Daniel. Same for Leon Cameron and Giants, another huge waste

Makes it hard being a Saints fan when we're always crying out for talent whilst other clubs are wasting theirs

I’m always amazed that they rarely cop it in the media (except ahead of playing us). Good list, demonstrated by the fact that every footy expert is jumping out of their skin claiming they could win it. Missed finals last year and 9th now. It is a bit baffling the commentary.

Don't be so sure.

Bassat greeting him at the race after the Sydney match, most of Battle's teammates getting around him after his goal, him chairing Brad Hill off, now the Chery sponsorship.

All signs of the club doing all it can to make Josh feel loved and part of the club. Nothing instigated by Josh though.

Did you ever have a desperate person throw themselves at you? Did it make that person more or less attractive to you?
Always more attractive IMHO

It shits me that in all likelihood they will win another flag before we finish a 15 year rebuild that we are not even half way through and looks like 4 years from needing a rebuild again.
And they may not.
Honestly, the things you worry about that haven’t/may never happen.

I was convinced GWS would have had at least three flags by now with the huge concessions they were given, and still are. Yet here they are, still no flag.

Any competent coach would've been consistent top 4 and won one or two more flags with that Dogs list. What a waste of talent having Bevo coach prime Libba, Macrae, Daniel. Same for Leon Cameron and Giants, another huge waste

Makes it hard being a Saints fan when we're always crying out for talent whilst other clubs are wasting theirs

He's always bringing through kids so not like he's always got 22 elite players in the side. I don't mind Bevo, he keeps doing the right thing even when pressure builds. Gets maximum development into players and plays an empowerment model. If they make finals I reckon they could give a GF a shake.

And they may not.

I was convinced GWS would have had at least three flags by now with the huge concessions they were given, and still are. Yet here they are, still no flag.

They might not but they are playing a fantastic brand. Everything they do seems to turn to gold while we seem to trip over every possible obstacle.

GWS have no culture or pressure. Hawks fans expect success and get it. One premiership every 7 years or something while we are going 1 every 150 years. They were equal with us on one flag each before they beat us in the 1971 GF. The footy gods are absolute monsters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article is written by Landsberger and Jay Clark. So that’s hopeful.

But it’s 2 throw away lines in an entire article about Melbourne going after Dan Houston and the cost will be minimum 1 FRDP - with Melbourne thinking of entertaining an Oliver trade should they want to trade back into the draft.

“The Hawks are heavily into St Kilda’s unrestricted free agent Josh Battle.

But Battle has a sizeable offer in front of him from the Saints and confidence is growing at Moorabbin that he will stay put.”

Not gonna lie I’d pretty much accepted that he was going so I’ll be flat if he doesn’t. This midfield ain’t it.
Yeah after all this time of speculation, I've basically evaluated the entire deal 100x over in my mind and every time, I conclude that I'm more satisfied with Battle leaving than staying

Not gonna lie I’d pretty much accepted that he was going so I’ll be flat if he doesn’t. This midfield ain’t it.

We really haven't had a full midfield to pick from. Dow, Henry, Ross, Crouch, Windhager, Clark and Jones have been injured or missed multiple games. Steele looked back to his best before jarring a knee and looking ordinary ever since. Phillipou and Windhager both stepped up and Henry showed that he'll be a solid to very good player.

We will draft a mid with pick 4 or 5 and hopefully try to find a cheap top up mature player to cover the loss of Crouch. The midfield is lacking an absolute star quality player but not sure a first year player will carry us next year. Probably better to hope Windhager, Owens, Phillipou, Henry step up again. Also have Wilson a year older too.

And they may not.

Yet people will tell you that we are the poorly run club.

Did you ever have a desperate person throw themselves at you? Did it make that person more or less attractive to you? #Austinnn

That's a relative question, it depends how desperate I am, and what my needs are at the time. That's human nature. We see what we want to see, and will make anything up so as to fit into our picture of reality at the time. Everyone wants to be wanted. Anyone saying differently is lying.

Josh is just feeling the love 😍

We really haven't had a full midfield to pick from. Dow, Henry, Ross, Crouch, Windhager, Clark and Jones have been injured or missed multiple games. Steele looked back to his best before jarring a knee and looking ordinary ever since. Phillipou and Windhager both stepped up and Henry showed that he'll be a solid to very good player.

We will draft a mid with pick 4 or 5 and hopefully try to find a cheap top up mature player to cover the loss of Crouch. The midfield is lacking an absolute star quality player but not sure a first year player will carry us next year. Probably better to hope Windhager, Owens, Phillipou, Henry step up again. Also have Wilson a year older too.
That’s mostly a whole bunch of B graders that aren’t taking us where we need to go. Phillipou is probably the only one showing A grade potential. Windy has looked promising but he’s looking more like a Crouch type than a damaging player. Ross basically ruled out Owens ever being a mid today and Henry looks good but he’s a twig and more likely to be a really good flanker which is fine. I think we’ve had this debate a thousand times though, you think we need depth I think we need quality so we’ll probably never agree my friend.

I’m desperate for two early picks mostly because you can stuff up one early pick but it’s almost impossible to stuff you two. Get both right and the rebuild is finally over. It’s almost negligent to match Hawthorn if we get a pick after ours IMO.

That’s mostly a whole bunch of B graders that aren’t taking us where we need to go. Phillipou is probably the only one showing A grade potential. Windy has looked promising but he’s looking more like a Crouch type than a damaging player. Ross basically ruled out Owens ever being a mid today and Henry looks good but he’s a twig and more likely to be a really good flanker which is fine. I think we’ve had this debate a thousand times though, you think we need depth I think we need quality so we’ll probably never agree my friend.

I’m desperate for two early picks mostly because you can stuff up one early pick but it’s almost impossible to stuff you two. Get both right and the rebuild is finally over. It’s almost negligent to match Hawthorn if we get a pick after ours IMO.

If you think a Crouch type is not important, i don't really value your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back