Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any vision of the screamer Dan McStay took at training today ?
Reckon he returns in a fortnight
its amazing isn't it? two years ago, he was Dan Can McStay in Brisbane, now he's the second coming of Gordon Coventry. I hope he can recapture his form from late last season.

Main training - Round 17 v Essendon.

Pretty much everyone was around in some capacity except for Carmichael and Begg

Rehab:

Noble
Josh D (briefly, then went inside)
Mitchell
Cox
Steene
Parker

I'll speak of the rehab players first;

Noble looked absolutely fine. But completed his running sessions, first he ran with Josh, then with Oscar.
Josh D wasn't out very long. Started to run, but must have felt sore still, as he then went inside and wasn't seen again. But they'll give him I'd say until tomorrow at the captain's run.

Cox started to do some running, but he also started to do some ruck work with DC, Kreuger and Smit.
Parker, Mitchell and Steene all went about some running sessions as they work through their own recoveries.

Maybe because of the lighter week, but this seemed to be on the lighter side of things. There was some light drills, a pressure drill sorted into two groups; then match sim. Once they finished up match sim, they kinda hung around doing their own thing before going inside.

Jamie also participated in match sim, and seems to be getting closer every week. Same goes for Mcstay. He was looking good, I don't think it will be long until he is able to play some game time at some level.

Teams. (minus the injured)

Black -

Lippa
JDG
IQ
Maynard
Schultz
Pendles
DC
Frampton
Sidey
Hill
Crisp
Richards
Moore
WHE
NDaicos
HH
Markov
Howe
Mihocek
Dean

White -

Elliott
Mcstay
DeMattia
Kreuger
Allan
Macrae
TJ
Smit
Reef
Bytel
Sullivan
Eyre
Johnson
Long

During match sim, they had all of Frampton. Moore. Dean. and Howe in defence on the same team.
Sidey was half back, but that was maybe since Maynard didn't participate. Markov and HH were wings (to cover for sidey down back? and Josh not completing it)

Main training - Round 17 v Essendon.

Pretty much everyone was around in some capacity except for Carmichael and Begg

Rehab:

Noble
Josh D (briefly, then went inside)
Mitchell
Cox
Steene
Parker

I'll speak of the rehab players first;

Noble looked absolutely fine. But completed his running sessions, first he ran with Josh, then with Oscar.
Josh D wasn't out very long. Started to run, but must have felt sore still, as he then went inside and wasn't seen again. But they'll give him I'd say until tomorrow at the captain's run.

Cox started to do some running, but he also started to do some ruck work with DC, Kreuger and Smit.
Parker, Mitchell and Steene all went about some running sessions as they work through their own recoveries.

Maybe because of the lighter week, but this seemed to be on the lighter side of things. There was some light drills, a pressure drill sorted into two groups; then match sim. Once they finished up match sim, they kinda hung around doing their own thing before going inside.

Jamie also participated in match sim, and seems to be getting closer every week. Same goes for Mcstay. He was looking good, I don't think it will be long until he is able to play some game time at some level.

Teams. (minus the injured)

Black -

Lippa
JDG
IQ
Maynard
Schultz
Pendles
DC
Frampton
Sidey
Hill
Crisp
Richards
Moore
WHE
NDaicos
HH
Markov
Howe
Mihocek
Dean

White -

Elliott
Mcstay
DeMattia
Kreuger
Allan
Macrae
TJ
Smit
Reef
Bytel
Sullivan
Eyre
Johnson
Long

During match sim, they had all of Frampton. Moore. Dean. and Howe in defence on the same team.
Sidey was half back, but that was maybe since Maynard didn't participate. Markov and HH were wings (to cover for sidey down back? and Josh not completing it)

So good to hear Dean, Bill, Darcy & Howe all in defence together 🙏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back