Player Watch #22: Taylor Goad - #20 in '23 ND - the Unicorn

Remove this Banner Ad

He had the lowest possession average in VFL this season for anyone who'd played over 10 games. Around 4.5 touches per match. He is indeed a project
Like I said, the project is getting his body to a standard for senior football.

I feel like so much of this excitement stems from his being an athlete, with decidedly little around how he actually goes as a footballer. I'd be monumentally stupid to write him off now but I frankly didn't like what I saw in either the VFL stats or the limited vision I saw of him. I think if he's a central aspect of the club's plans, that's a riskier scenario than I'd like
Your quite right zoomba23, but that's all draftee's, potential, I'd say the first 3 years the club won't even bat an eyelid, so I know its hard, but pretend he's a bear and he's going for a long sleep {hibernation}, just forget about him and let nature take its course, we got him for this very reason, forget the stats, he is a baby bear, let him grow and after a while you'll see glimpses, meaning its there but he doesn't know how to harness it quite yet, when he finally figures it out, think Grizzly.

Last edited:
Rucks, especially with a long-term investment, follow a succession plan.

Every club does it. Whilst their first choice ruck is in prime form and can contribute considerably, there needs to be an understudy in the works to take over eventually.

Goad is the successor to Xerri. Much like Xerri was the successor to Goldy and so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #22: Taylor Goad - #20 in '23 ND - the Unicorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back